Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082396 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8115 on: July 17, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »

I'm rather impressed they dropped something that the community largely hated.  I don't expect anyone Sony related to listen to consumers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: July 18, 2013, 03:17:18 am »

I'm rather impressed they dropped something that the community largely hated.  I don't expect anyone Sony related to listen to consumers.
PS2 has a decent track record of listening to the majority (instead of the vocal minority, byebye enclave).

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:19:18 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: July 18, 2013, 07:18:27 am »

They didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, you know. They're a business, every single decision they make is based on the belief that it's going to make them more money.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:21 am »

They didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts, you know. They're a business, every single decision they make is based on the belief that it's going to make them more money.
True, but the belief that listening to your customers will make you more money is still rare among businesses, for some reason. Nobody says they're kind, we say that they're cool because they listen.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: July 18, 2013, 12:06:48 pm »

You say that like it's a bad thing. Companies that listen to their customers and use feedback to create a better product is how Capitalism is supposed to work.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: July 18, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »

The recruitment system is here.

A recruit only counts once they spend $10/€9/£8 in game. Every recruitment gets you a boost (50% XP or resource, or 30% XP and resources, doesn't say duration so assuming 1 day). There are additional rewards after 2, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 recruits. Each stage gives you a new decal and the following items (I've lumped faction specifics into one and included an estimated SC value one faction/three factions);

2: Platinum Underboss, Pixelate Camo Set
5: Platinum NS-11C and M (carbine and LMG)
10: Compound Helmet, MAX Lumifiber, Recon Camo Set
15: Decals and ESF fins
20: MBT default turret remodel, ESF Lumifiber
25: Closed version of the open face helmets, 6 month Heroic Boost (50% XP)

Some people are pissed off by the popular cosmetics only being available this way. Notably the promised black crystallize camos being branded now as the recon camo and only available to those who recruit 10 people, and the closed face helmets. If anyone here was holding out for those cosmetics time to get spamming recruitment links. For myself it's a decent set of rewards, especially up to 10 recruits, but nothing I can't live without. Worth paying a little bit of attention to but not investing much time into. Or money (as some people already seem to be doing) for that matter.

Anyone making an account through a reference link like this one (yeah, mine) will get a welcome kit of a 50% XP boost (1 day) plus a long distance LMG for each faction (EM6, TMG-50, SVA-88).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: July 18, 2013, 07:14:48 pm »

Ok so i encountered something odd when flying my ESF yesterday around biolabs.

Something INSTANTLY locked on to me and hit me for a quarter of my health several seconds later.
I don't think the VA empire specific rocket launcher gives a lockon warning and it couldn't be the striker because i'm playing TR...

So yeah... instant lockon.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:40 pm »

Could also have been hax maybe, they apparently exist. GMs sometimes do a global announcement that they're looking for them. Not sure if that's just a joke I'm not in on or an actual Thing.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: July 18, 2013, 07:45:41 pm »

Yeah but thing is...
No lockon rocket launcher in the game i know of can hit for a quarter of a ESFs health.

most of them hit for roughly half of an ESF health probably with the exeption made for the TR striker that does around 70% IF all the rockets hit.

The instant lockon can be explained by hacks but the low damage is something i just don't get.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: July 19, 2013, 01:39:00 am »

I've seen quite a few hackers and reported my fair share. Most rememberable one was the flying max. Was hilarious...for about 5 seconds until he started killing my tank.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: July 19, 2013, 04:51:01 am »

Most memorable hacker was that immortal guy. We were both LA. I found him on a roof, and I was behind him. I emptied my entire carbine magazine, plus two knifings, amd didnt even get a single hitmarker. I stood there dumbfounded long enough for him to turn around and kill me.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: July 19, 2013, 05:03:22 am »

Yeah, obvious hackers are almost funny in their naivety. Far more insidious are those stealthy ones. I've had many fights where I'm winning, the other guy's bullets are going every which way, then he dodges behind cover, comes out again a second later, and pops me with five perfect headshots in a row. Someone who uses an aimbot all the time, well, that's just pathetic. But someone who only turns it on once in a while, like in an important fight or when they're about to lose, that's actually infuriating.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: July 19, 2013, 05:49:38 am »

I like the speed-hacked Galaxies that zoom through the air, ramming everything in sight, then coming back to the warp-gate to repair before doing it all over again.
   It's a little obvious.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: July 19, 2013, 08:45:10 am »

One time a guy had dodge hacks on, I was chasing him up stairs with my NC duel skillsaw max, firing my arms in tandem, left right left right, and he dodges every one without taking a single hit, something like 5m in front of me the whole time.

unfortunately I couldn't get his name. -.-

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: July 19, 2013, 08:47:06 am »

I saw a MAX run through a wall, but I won't dispute that lag could have been involved.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 826