Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082371 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10905 on: July 19, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

unique moving skins

Christ on a bike, that's fugly! Why would anyone want that?

Also, don't the weapons in PS2 take up like a fifth of the screen? Having that animated texture right up in your face all the time is going to be the most distracting thing in the world.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: July 19, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »

They're status symbols for people who have scored 5 Auraxiums with the same class of weapon. Fugly and impractical absurdities fit well...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: July 19, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

Birgirpal on Planetside 2!
Huh, who is this Birgirpall? As in, why is he special? It's cool that he'll be playing my faction and server but it won't matter to me because I'll be at work until around 21:00 EDT anyways.
Discussing the idea of giving The Brawler - the Auraxium variant of the NC Mauler shotgun - an underbarrel shotgun.
An underbarrel shotgun on your shotgun... oookay? Underbarrel shotguns get no love, it'd be nice if the 'tertiary fire' button actually got some use. Also, more than one shell would be nice, you could even get kUhrAAazaYy.

As for Auraxiam variants, having fixed attachments is kinda odd. I like flash suppressors on 90% of the guns I use and I'm sure many people would want to have their own optics.
EDIT: If what I'm reading now is accurate, the LMGs all get a compensator that give the advantages of a forward grip.
I didn't read the Reddit link, is this referring to all LMG's or just Auraxium variants?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:54 pm »

Huh, who is this Birgirpall? As in, why is he special?

He's a minor youtube celebrity, largely due to a bunch of hilarious gameplay videos. These include a couple preposterous "for fun" challenges in BF2 (or maybe it was CoD), but mostly revolving around "breaking" games and the resulting commentary. (Though to be honest, it's more about Banzai being silly.)

Advanced humor for mature people.

Epic ragdoll fighting
Epic ragdoll fighting
Epic ragdoll fighting
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:08:45 pm by Niveras »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: July 21, 2014, 06:48:58 am »

Higby pls.
Discussing the idea of giving The Brawler - the Auraxium variant of the NC Mauler shotgun - an underbarrel shotgun.
Fuck yeah.

100% approve
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: July 21, 2014, 10:40:13 am »

Huh, who is this Birgirpall? As in, why is he special?

He's a minor youtube celebrity, largely due to a bunch of hilarious gameplay videos. These include a couple preposterous "for fun" challenges in BF2 (or maybe it was CoD), but mostly revolving around "breaking" games and the resulting commentary. (Though to be honest, it's more about Banzai being silly.)

Advanced humor for mature people.

Epic ragdoll fighting
Epic ragdoll fighting
Epic ragdoll fighting

Having played Gang Beasts with a friend, it really is that fun.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: July 22, 2014, 06:54:30 pm »

Welp.
Brawler Shotgun underbarrel shotgun attachment confirmed for greatness.
Need to rush those remaining shotgun Auraxiums...

Also a revamp of the spawn system, reducing respawn times and load screens. Looks like a 'quick' respawn option with only 7 seconds downtime, but no changing class or spawn point.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: July 22, 2014, 08:37:21 pm »

Awwww yeaaaah.

I hope it comes with extended mags, though... otherwise it probably isn't going to be that great. I'll use it for the lulz, but I'd be even happier if it was a legitimate weapon.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:49 am »

I guess I need to work on a fifth LMG auraxium so I can get a gaudy looking T9 CARV. With any luck it will be as jittery and frustrating as the original.

I crashed four times on Hossin today. I guess the game doesn't want me to play on that continent.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10914 on: July 23, 2014, 01:59:27 am »

B.but I like the T9 Carv. :(

Though I like the Gauss SAW better.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: July 23, 2014, 04:10:16 am »

Under barrel shotgun for the mauler sounds dumb until you realise you can have slugs in the main clip and buckshot in the ub

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: July 23, 2014, 04:59:12 am »

Under barrel shotgun for the mauler sounds dumb until you realise you can have slugs in the main clip and buckshot in the ub
Unlikely. The Auraxium weapons come with specific attachments unchangeable. Unless SOE wants it to have that it won't. Not seen a definitely list yet but I doubt they make the archetypal special reward shotguns slug only.

I hope it comes with extended mags, though... otherwise it probably isn't going to be that great. I'll use it for the lulz, but I'd be even happier if it was a legitimate weapon.

From dev comments on reddit, looks like it's a tradeoff against two extra rounds in the mag for the other factions. So maybe a 8 round + 1/2 UB, with the UB having higher damage (IIRC existing UBSGs can one shot with partial headshots), while other factions get the 10 round extended mag setup?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: July 23, 2014, 05:48:45 am »

Oh yeah...

Yeah, its a dumb gimmick in that case

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: July 23, 2014, 06:26:34 am »

From dev comments on reddit, looks like it's a tradeoff against two extra rounds in the mag for the other factions. So maybe a 8 round + 1/2 UB, with the UB having higher damage (IIRC existing UBSGs can one shot with partial headshots), while other factions get the 10 round extended mag setup?

Sounds pretty bad, then. At least the 8 rounds will give me some practice for my Laser Sweeper that I've been pondering.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: July 23, 2014, 09:06:17 am »

I guess it boils down to "Can it be used like a poor-man's Jackhammer?"

Not that anyone with five shotgun auraxiums is a poor man
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 826