Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086046 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11160 on: August 18, 2014, 11:16:30 am »

Haven't tried it because 1) haven't played much PS2 lately 2) probably wouldn't use it much anyway  3) would rather get the Desperado.

That said, I'm biased against changing pistols because I love the satisfying boom the Rebel makes.

and I want to Auraxium my knife
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11161 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:14 pm »

I wish that XP just came from damage and suppression. If you keep three guys from walking into the capture room for a minute, that's got to be better than killing one guy who respawns in a sunderer thirty seconds layer. And if you do 70% damage to a tank and it retreats to repair, you've effectively removed it from the fight...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: August 18, 2014, 02:32:04 pm »

Yah, that would be awesome.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: August 18, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

+1
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: August 18, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »

+2
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: August 18, 2014, 03:46:25 pm »

if you do 70% damage to a tank and it retreats to repair, you've effectively removed it from the fight...
It already works similarly for aircraft, so I don't see why not for ground vehicles as well.

I always thought there should be an LMG of some sort that doesn't do quite as much damage as other ones but will accumulate a suppression effect as its projectiles hit or pass nearby. It could be anything from a concussion grenade-like effect, to increasing your weapon bloom, to making you move slower when moving towards the source of the fire (moving away or perpendicular would be normal speed to encourage going into cover). It could also increase tunnel vision by blurring the edges of the screen and removing some indicators temporarily such as nearby grenades and enemies, or even friendlies.

The messages for receiving XP could be tweaked too, have it be off to one side of the screen similar to how directive notices are right now, and have them show up in a list with the most recent at the bottom. That way you can get notified of your XP gains as you get them instead of having to wait ages for sunder respawn, repair, ammo etc. to tick by in order to get to what you're doing right at that moment.

I also kinda wish there were a life summary when you redeploy similar to when you get killed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:49:07 pm by OzyTheSage »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: August 19, 2014, 12:55:53 am »

if you do 70% damage to a tank and it retreats to repair, you've effectively removed it from the fight...
It already works similarly for aircraft, so I don't see why not for ground vehicles as well.

I always thought there should be an LMG of some sort that doesn't do quite as much damage as other ones but will accumulate a suppression effect as its projectiles hit or pass nearby. It could be anything from a concussion grenade-like effect, to increasing your weapon bloom, to making you move slower when moving towards the source of the fire (moving away or perpendicular would be normal speed to encourage going into cover). It could also increase tunnel vision by blurring the edges of the screen and removing some indicators temporarily such as nearby grenades and enemies, or even friendlies.

The messages for receiving XP could be tweaked too, have it be off to one side of the screen similar to how directive notices are right now, and have them show up in a list with the most recent at the bottom. That way you can get notified of your XP gains as you get them instead of having to wait ages for sunder respawn, repair, ammo etc. to tick by in order to get to what you're doing right at that moment.

I also kinda wish there were a life summary when you redeploy similar to when you get killed.
That LMG is basically the Lasher. Rapid fire exploding minigun. Weak as dirt, and a HORRIBLE primary weapon compared to the NC and TR heavy weapons. However, as SUPPRESSION, it is bar none the best infantry weapon, and stands up there with vehicle weapons. The rapid fire lets you lock down doors, and people get scared of running out. Plus, it resets shield recharge. Decent CoF for long range suppression.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: August 19, 2014, 02:15:31 am »

Except it's VS only, and adding similar guns to other factions would make it... not unique to the faction.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: August 19, 2014, 04:04:34 am »

I'd like the TR to get a thumper that fires low damage, high splash radius plasma nades

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: August 19, 2014, 05:51:39 am »

Would anyone else here like a GL handgun?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:38 am »

Anyone plays on EU servers and could give some info which one to join?
I pretty much want to be in underdog side and take things up from there.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: August 19, 2014, 06:29:35 am »

Would anyone else here like a GL handgun?

Sure. What's a GL handgun?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: August 19, 2014, 06:32:14 am »

Highly Opinionated Fool

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: August 19, 2014, 07:21:35 am »

The image is borked.  403 error.

But I assume you mean a handgun that launches grenades?  Because that would be damn cool.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: August 19, 2014, 07:33:35 am »

Xbow with explosive bolts is close enough. :p
Also, we have enough grenade and explosive spam already. Or not enough...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 826