Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082374 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12015 on: April 27, 2016, 04:52:06 pm »

Just got done playing for now. The construction system has the potential for some intense fights. Too bad a few vanu glitched underneath the map with one of the infinite ammo weapons, ruining the fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: April 27, 2016, 05:44:53 pm »

Meanwhile on amerish, me and a random vanu buddy chased off a lightning after it blew up my ant. Fun system so far.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: April 27, 2016, 06:16:22 pm »

It does seem a bit fun. Took me awhile to figure out how to supply a silo(tip: drive up and shoot the silo with the mining beam). Managed to kill a VS ANT by ramming it with my own after it had been shot up by a friendly Liberator... then I drove into a pond and died, crediting the ANT driver I killed with my death.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: April 28, 2016, 05:51:53 am »

well im out again, I can grumble through 15 fps, but assoon as a firefight starts that drops to 5. seems to be locked to cpu, unparking processor cores didnt do jack shit.

its weird, I remember I was able to play this game on the very same laptop ages ago... I mean I have 161 hours logged to it, so it mustn't have been this unplayable on the wayback.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: April 28, 2016, 06:01:00 am »

well im out again, I can grumble through 15 fps, but assoon as a firefight starts that drops to 5. seems to be locked to cpu, unparking processor cores didnt do jack shit.

its weird, I remember I was able to play this game on the very same laptop ages ago... I mean I have 161 hours logged to it, so it mustn't have been this unplayable on the wayback.

Could it be dust causing overheating or something? I've had performance losses over months/years that are not related to particular games on some computers and cleaning them out usually helped things run better.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: April 28, 2016, 10:58:05 am »

Maybe you played during the OMG update where they optimized the game greatly... then undid a load of changes because apparently some people's toasters started catching fire.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: April 28, 2016, 02:44:16 pm »

I just spent like 2 hours driving around a tiberium harvester and delivering resources to silos while some PHX guys explained how new stuff works on emerald.

Finally I can contribute to NC without needing to be a competent shot! (I play archer engie simply because at least maxes and vehicles are big hard to miss targets)

Oh wait, they are not tiberium harvesters?  My bad. :P
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:51:45 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: April 28, 2016, 02:53:40 pm »

if he didn't describe the cores as dragonballs, you got a less entertaining explanation than I did, you NC :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: April 28, 2016, 04:51:57 pm »

Oh wait, they are not tiberium harvesters?  My bad. :P

Hell, they're far, far more maneuverable than any Tiberium harvester I've ever seen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:03 pm »

if he didn't describe the cores as dragonballs, you got a less entertaining explanation than I did, you NC :P
I don't remember the exact quote but I specifically remember something along the lines of Protect the explode-y ball of death if you don't you will explode.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: April 28, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »

I feel like there's an actual front in the war now. I just had the pleasure of trying to attack a biolab with a massive base ten feet behind it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: April 28, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »

I feel like there's an actual front in the war now. I just had the pleasure of trying to attack a biolab with a massive base ten feet behind it.
Did the base have a HIVE in it, or was it one of those 'this is our spot now, lets build a huge base' bases?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: April 28, 2016, 07:58:26 pm »

Was it the same biolab I was trying to attack? I gave up when the squad and platoon leaders started placing the waypoints in seemingly random locations despite the full-on biolab assault going on. And I was racking up more kills than usual, with a battle rifle even.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: April 28, 2016, 09:11:29 pm »

Now that I think about it, weren't there supposed to be more resources than just Cortium? Did they get scrapped?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: April 29, 2016, 12:59:19 am »

Ugh. I can't seem to get the hang of air vehicles no matter what I do. I always end up getting immediately shot down in any scenario where I can be useful at all. And in dogfights and really any combat in general I can never actually tell where I'm being shot at from and keep on losing on track of my opponents.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:41:40 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 826