Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fourway Pileup Outside the Fortress, Slaughter May Ensue  (Read 11381 times)

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: Fourway Pileup Outside the Fortress, Slaughter May Ensue
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:34 pm »

I had a minotaur running rampant outside my fortress once.  It wasn't too lethal until it got a hold of a hunter's crossbow at which point it used that thing like a sledgehammer and battered Armok knows how many migrants' brains in.

I suppose you got lucky (or unlucky) when it picked up a training axe.  Training weapons are ridiculously ineffective.  I'm pretty sure a stout piece of wood in the hands of a cyclops would be more than enough to play Goblin Cricket.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
Re: Fourway Pileup Outside the Fortress, Slaughter May Ensue
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »

Things would have been simpler then, that Cyclops made such easy fare of the Baron that he probably could have at least thinned out those ambushers...

Oh god like five snatchers, one after the other after the other, hitting not the horde of looter civilians once the all-clear was sounded but rather the fishers and stuff who were semi-isolated. At least two babies were absconded with, and one of the mothers got a nasty stabbing. This, apparently, and not the epic battle, set off my first ever tantrum!

Dude was a recruit, and so he was well-equipped for mayhem, stabbing someone else in the hallway a time or two. Of course, to regular life, that sounds incredibly extreme, but I know that for DF standards he was showing a respectable amount of restraint in not just killing somebody.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:30:51 pm by HunterBlackLuna »
Pages: 1 [2]