Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Bay 12 Congress  (Read 10785 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Congress
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2015, 07:19:00 am »

And what about women ? Do women have to wait 60+ to have beard ?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2015, 07:26:58 am »

I don't really get your point. Women can have beards just like anyone else.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2015, 08:02:18 am »

yeah, sure, that's true. Mostly.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2015, 08:41:40 am »

I will oppose the bearded act on the grounds that we only need one house of congress to operate properly.  I will oppose the three-day-real-day trial act on account of some people being gone for long periods of time and not being able to participate actively in a three-day trial.

I do not think we need any bill regulating either of those subject. Just because we can regulate something doesn't mean that we should.
My good sir, do you mean to say that we should not ensure that all religions will be respected in this fine establishment?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:43:26 am by 4maskwolf »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 08:54:45 am »

Do you have any evidence of any religion being respected?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2015, 09:01:14 am »

Do you have any evidence of any religion being respected?
Does it matter?  Must we only make laws in response to the actions of others?

Also, did you mean respected or disrespected?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2015, 09:14:05 am »

Disrespected.

I am also wary of this being used to stifle arguments.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2015, 09:23:27 am »

I am also wary of this being used to stifle arguments.
I had also thought of this, and I'm working on a draft of the bill that will hopefully help prevent those problems.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2015, 09:37:18 am »

Maybe if it was drafted as a resolution instead of a bill?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

I will oppose the bearded act on the grounds that we only need one house of congress to operate properly.  I will oppose the three-day-real-day trial act on account of some people being gone for long periods of time and not being able to participate actively in a three-day trial.

With this, both the Bearded House act and the Three-Real-Day Trial act have failed.  The numbers are currently at four active, three failed, and one successful.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2015, 02:49:44 pm »

I propose the following bill:

Quote from: Lawyer Employment Act of 2015
1) A defendant in the Court of the People is to be provided with a lawyer, if they do not have an existing connection with one and do not want to preside over their own defense.

2) Trial by combat and trial by ordeal do not constitute civilized methods of giving justice and shall not be used by the People's Court.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 03:10:05 pm by Sheb »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2015, 04:23:28 pm »

"I think a rewording of that first part may be in order.  The current language of it has it written in the lines that a person only has a right to a lawyer only if they don't want one.  Unless, of course, a Catch-22 scenario was what you had in mind.

In addition, it may be best to split the bills into two separate ones, as the second part does not really deal with Lawyer Employment, as the Act's name would lead one to believe."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2015, 02:39:43 am »

No, people have a right to a lawyer if they do no wish to take on the role of lawyer themselves.

The second part is related, as trial by combat provide little employment opportunities for lawyers.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »

No, people have a right to a lawyer if they do no wish to take on the role of lawyer themselves.

The wording is a tad ambiguous, so both interpretations of the word are valid.  Due to this, a minor rewording may be in order.  Possibly, 'A defendant in the Court of the People is to be provided with a lawyer, if they do not have an existing connection with one and do not want to preside over their own defense' would be a better wording to convey your intention for the law."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2015, 07:35:23 pm »

"I have two things to announce."

"Skyrunner has taken it upon themselves to establish a Census.  I say that we should declare it as being officially supported by ourselves."

"Second, Tawarochir has requested the creation of a Supreme Court by this Congress.  I believe that this is an idea we should utilize.  However, I believe that, unlike in the old courtroom, the original post should be under the control of the Court Clerk rather than the judge, so to lift the burden of record keeping from the judges."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:39:05 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9