Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This version of LNP is out of date

Yes and it makes me sad :(
- 81 (39.7%)
Yes and it makes me mad/angry/frusrated >:(
- 29 (14.2%)
Yes and it's okay because there are other versions now :)
- 94 (46.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 137

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack - Very out of date :(  (Read 1983580 times)

Edwardspoonhands

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V15] Now Open Source!
« Reply #1965 on: March 08, 2013, 11:36:14 pm »

Hello, I'm new so not sure what the protocol is so I'll just get right to the issue I'm having: SoundSense doesn't seem to be working. I launch LNP, I run DF "Play Dwarf Fortress!" and I run the utility SoundSense thing. When I play there's only the default music(I enabled sound under "Advanced") and I have updated the SoundSense soundpack with the automatic update function, under "Currently Playing" there are no channels or SFX. Might this have something to do with the fact that my Windows isn't the English version?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 09, 2013, 09:52:36 am »

Since this issue is with SoundSense, it would probably be best to discuss it on the SoundSense thread. I have something to say, but I'll post it there.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:35 am »

Heya guys ( and girls ?),

I have a question regarding the Lazy Newb Pack, but I'm not sure to what sub-part it is actually related :

Like I wrote here the Elven Caravan brought some Tame Forgotten Beasts in my last fortress and I'm wondering if that can happen vanilla or if it is related to something out of the Newb Pack.
I also had never seen a "Vile Monster" before, but that doesn't need to mean anything obviously. I'm not playing for that long... but I got 3 Tame FBs now in a fortress mere 15 Years old.

My Settings : NO Invaders 70 Population Child Cap 1:1000  NO Aquifers. I also modded GCS to be breedable, but did not change anything else. Also, I'm using DF 34.11 with LNP V15 and DFhack r2.

Could it be the "NO Invaders" Tag had to do something with the tame FBs ? Any other ideas ?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 14, 2013, 07:25:09 am »

Hey guys!

Just a heads up, another DFhack release has been... released.

Many new and interesting features there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1969 on: March 14, 2013, 08:01:33 am »

@hanni: check your dwarf fortress folder for an errorlog.txt, open it, and you will most likely find a "duplicate raws" entry. Let me know if you do. Its an easy fix, just find the named entries and delete them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 14, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »

BTW, the link to the stonesense thread you have in the opening post is the wrong one.

The actual thread is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:32 am »

@ Meph : Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems there are no duplicates mentioned in the Errorlog. There are lots of "Duplicate Object: creature RODENT MAN" for example, but no "Duplicate Raws: ..." I guess that's not what you meant ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1972 on: March 15, 2013, 11:42:49 am »

It is exactly what I meant. :)

you see, raws are both graphics or objects. Thats why you have a DwarfFortress/Raw/graphics and a DwarfFortress/Raw/Objects folder. In your case you do have duplicate objects. This is what causing all this. Now, you can simply download a new copy, or you open the txt-files in raw/objects and delete all the duplicate entries. Notepad++ would help finding them for example. If you want to do it for your current fort, you have to go to data/save/region-xyz/raw/objects and do it there.

Once all duplicates are deleted, you will be fine. You must have copied some files into these folders, or tried any modding? Because the normal LNP does not have those ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:51 pm »

@Meph :
Lol, as it turns out, my error was to leave the backup copy of my creatures_subterranean.txt in the same folder as the modded one :D That was the source of all my dupliates.
Should have known this was a bad idea ^^ But I somehow thought DF searches for specific txt names in that folder, well knowing you can put there what you like ....

On the Rodent men, I think I meant Thrips men, I was tired and might have mixed up some Rodent Blabla and Thrips men :D The only thing I actually changed was to give a child tag to GCS and make them egg layers.

I so hope I get less of all those Thrips-, Louse- and other -men now... and more Tigers ^^

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help Meph :)

Dricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack [0.34.11] [V15] Now Cross Platform!
« Reply #1974 on: March 23, 2013, 08:33:40 am »

*beta* Now cross platform *beta*

Introduction

First of all: you guys probably don't know me. The obvious reason is that this is my first post on this forum :). I've been playing Dwarf Fortress for about 2 years now and I've been following these forums during that time as well. Ever since I started using LNP, I wanted to make a cross platform version of it, so when I noticed that LucasUP made LNP open source, I immediately started coding. I started implementing the most basic features and will continue doing the more advanced stuff later, when I think the basic stuff is good enough.

For now I'll be creating a version which is equivalent to the original Windows version of LNP v15 with Dwarf Fortress v0.34.11. After that's done, we can move on to adding more features.

This cross platform version will be open source right off the bat, although at this stage of development I'll probably be a bit less eager to include changes from other developers.

Now that I've got a basic version working, I'm very curious to see how it's going to work on other computers than my own one :). That's why I'm releasing a beta version right now, hoping that you guys are willing to give it a try and give me some feedback on how it's working.

Features (subject to change)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Screenshots

Download

Source code

Credits

Legal stuff
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:40:36 am by Dricus »

Yannanth

« Reply #1975 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:09 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:44:11 pm by Yannanth »

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:03 pm »

Thanks again Dricus, as I said in PM your work is much appreciated!

I've been able to do a bit of testing. Everything worked fine as far as I could tell on both my Windows XP laptop, and Windows 7 desktop.
On windows 7 machine, the first time loading the program took a good 20-30 seconds, and it first appeared as if nothing was happening. Subsequent launches were quick however.

Tested all the settings I could on both machines and made sure they made appropriate changes to the .txt files, it seems as if they do.

I also tried testing on my oldish iMac, but it failed to launch. I think this is because of too low Mac/Java version, its Mac 10.5.8 with Java "1.5.0_30" which I think is the max the machine will go (at least through software update)
EDIT: Never-mind, turns out in my java preferences an older version was being preferred to the newest version for some reason. I clicked and dragged the 1.6 (java 6 equivalent). Anyways, after that I got it working perfectly on my iMac as well, and verified that it changed settings and launched the game properly. Cool beans!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:26:49 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Dricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 24, 2013, 03:00:46 am »

Thanks for the feedback!

@Yannanth

I'm using Swing mainly because in my experience it works better with the WindowBuilder plugin for Eclipse. Especially because the Swing plugin (again, in my experience) has better options for code generation than the SWT one. Also, with the SWT one I've experienced some bugs, which are not present in the Swing plugin. In both cases, not working with software like WindowBuilder is more time consuming. But maybe the biggest reason is that I'm doing this mainly for fun, and Swing looked like more fun to me than SWT :).

@LucasUP

That's very valuable feedback. Thanks! Your experience with the Java version on the iMac would be a nice thing to put in a README, for other users' benefit ;).

Kimril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 28, 2013, 08:36:40 am »

So as it is now open source does that mean anyone can help update it and improve it? Will we always get the latest versions from this forum thread?

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 28, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

Yes! But open source mostly changes how people can contribute to the GUI. A lot of the work updating the Lazy Newb Pack is in updating the included utilities. People could always update the included utilities before it was open source, and people are still free to do that. The GUI is built to let anyone put whatever utilities/graphics you want in the LNP folders. But it's only happened a few times that people have done this and put up the link, probably because its a bit of work. Also it would be ideal if all/the latest versions can be found through this single forum thread, but if it ever were to diverge into a different thread I'd make sure to link to it.

I do appreciate the help if/when anyone wants to help in any way.
That being said, I hope to be able to get an updated pack out soon here! I'm just in the middle of moving!

Edit: Forgot to mention someone has put out a customized Lazy Newb Pack with the latest utilities. I haven't checked it myself, but it should work for those waiting for an official release (which will still happen soon!)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:13:59 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 137