Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released  (Read 243207 times)

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 Released
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2013, 04:12:13 am »

UMAD??
Not really, I have plenty other stuff to do. But I am curious to see how this new version is gonna turn out, the dev logs are quite fun to read!

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2013, 09:29:48 am »

It's pretty uncommon, but definitely a bug. I just spent 5 in-game years developing an aboveground fort. It does not nearly make the task "impossible", but every now and then the dwarves do stand on the same tile they're trying to build the wall on.

This happens to me all the time.

I have to remove the wall designation completely, build something else, and re-design the wall to have it build (usually).

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2013, 10:55:58 pm »

Indeed, I'm fairly anxious as well but, unfortunately, I'm fairly pessimistic about this kinda stuff, so I kinda doubt we'll be seeing a release anytime soon. I'll make a wild guess and say October, but don't quote me on that.

October eh? Pretty optimistic aren't we?

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2013, 08:20:17 am »

Hm.
I was hoping it was going to come out (a long time ago, when I underestimated how long it was going to take...) around the time of my birthday, September 15. I was so wrong.
So wrong.
Soooooo wrong.
That would have been one of the best b-day presents ever.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »

Yeah, I guess Toady made me eat my words about being pessimistic. Here goes another guess, then: sometime next year.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2013, 06:50:10 am »

Yeah, I guess Toady made me eat my words about being pessimistic. Here goes another guess, then: sometime next year.

Something we can look forward to, regardless of how long it is going to take to release is the quality of the next update, right? I'm looking forward to it. Sure, It'd be nice if it was released tomorrow, but good things take time, sadly. :D
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:57 am »

I'm betting it will be something along the lines of April next year.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2013, 08:19:31 am »

Something we can look forward to, regardless of how long it is going to take to release is the quality of the next update, right? I'm looking forward to it. Sure, It'd be nice if it was released tomorrow, but good things take time, sadly. :D
Oh yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to it! The dev logs are so much fun to read, I can't even imagine how much fun (and !!FUN!!) the next version's gonna be. So many aspects of the gameplay will be changed, it's gonna be pretty interesting.

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2013, 08:54:59 am »

New bug for me this version ... a "vile force of darkness" arrived ... and spawned *inside* my underground fort.   Why are dozens of goblins inside my fort on spawn?

Ironically, one batch spawned inside the military barracks.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:14 pm »

I will never be able to play DF. The Division is coming out, and I will need to play that 24/7
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.

Abraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2013, 05:57:45 pm »

I will never be able to play DF. The Division is coming out, and I will need to play that 24/7

I'd say something meaningful in response to this, but purple really isn't my best colour.

Boggard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2013, 04:03:27 am »

What is that Division?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »

I am actually quite ok with the new DF version taking a long time and bringing tons of new features in one go. Makes my life a lot easier, and the same holds true for the dfhack, therapist and any other utility and mod group.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2013, 04:17:04 pm »

I am actually quite ok with the new DF version taking a long time and bringing tons of new features in one go. Makes my life a lot easier, and the same holds true for the dfhack, therapist and any other utility and mod group.
When that version comes out...
I'm not playing it until Dwarf Therapist is patched for it lol
Well, unless I want to go bald. Then I'll play it.

Necromunger

• Bay Watcher
  • Last Survivor of Bodicebent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

Why is it so hard to play without therapist? just set job designations as migrant waves come in. Its not all that hard.
for (Dwarf * newDwarf in dwarfArray){
      [newDwarf cancelJob];
      [newDwarf Drink];
}
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15