Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 85394 times)

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I got caught up in problems in real life so they writings will be delayed to later this day

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Post for the spring is out! I'm not the best at writing so bear with me here

A journal bound by yeti leather lies here

1st Granite 94:

I decided to build the royal thronerooms near the caverns since there isn't much room above
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also I saw a dwarf without a foot getting a drink, it was a bit disturbing actually and when yelled at her to go to the hospital she replied that there was no hospital, so I need to get that done,

I can already tell that this is going to be hell, and to think the king is going to be in this hellhole soon

3rd Granite 94:

Nothing much has happened, I ordered the engravers to smooth the miners bedrooms downs (felt bad for them) and a child finnaly became old enough to work not sure on what to do with him though

8th Granite 94:

Well the hosptial done, hope I don't have to see anymore footless dwarves wobbling around, also the Kings bedroom is in the middle of a gold cluster might maker for some quality rooms, still can't get anything done since most of my workers are building that giant pymarid thing outside( why do we need that anyways)

13th Granite 94:

A goblin kidnapper was caught outside today, I guess the allure of having over one hundred children to chose from outweighed  the freezing cold, and the yetis, is it just me or do Goblins look downright disgusting, I'll have to make a choice of what I want to do with him later
17th Granite 94:

A yeti reverted back to being wild again, scared the living hell out of me when it tried to bite my hand off.

Also two more goblin kidnappers have been caught outside, I still can't figure out why they would want to trek from there towers to some frozen glacier in the middle of a snow storm to try and steal children.
Before I could leave the office for a drink one of my advisors told me they caught ANOTHER goblin snatcher, I swear to Armok if there's another bloody goblin then I feed them all to the forgotten beast in the caverns.
It's only been 2 hours from the last time the caught the snatcher to tell that they caught another damn snatcher, is there like a brigade of them slowly crawling towards the fortress or what.
16th Slate 94:

Not much has been going on for the month, The miners have dug out the Kings Bedroom for and the Ice pyramid (still don't know why it exists) has gotten a few new floors also the yetis keep becoming wild

26th Slate 94:

Oh no
The King is here and we don't have the office or the tomb ready, I scrambled the dwarves to get everything set for the king, I'm working overtime to get the his gold furniture ready, this is bad, he's going to have me beheaded for sure.

14th Felsite 94:

An elven caraven arrived today, a lot of them actually, I haven't been paying attention to our tradeable goods as much as pleasing the king so I sent a couple of finished goods up to trade
16th Felsite 94

The elves didn't have anything good on them so I traded some stuff for their logs

24th Felsite 94:

A ranger claimed a craftsdwarf workshop, mumbling about some grand design or something like that, oddly enough he picked the one that was all the way down in the caverns

1st Hematite 94;

The fortress so far is going on either great or mediocore (not sure on which one) we haven't been attacked in a while but we don't have much set up for the King as of yet, I swear summer going be a hell trying to get everything set up.

So how's my writing, too much writing? not enough writing?, anyways summer will come either by late tonight or tomorrow morning
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:14:10 pm by zimer02 »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

HOLY CRAP YOUR SCREEN IS MASSIVE!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool, lots of updates.  Why did the humans half-heartedly siege us?
And can someone check the yetis are being trained?  I forgot to do like a million things before handing off the save.   :-[
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And can someone check the yetis are being trained?  I forgot to do like a million things before handing off the save.   :-[

Maybe their diplomat was killed by a goblin ambush?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I've noticed in the past that humans siege randomly for no specific reason.
Or maybe they do it for the same reason goblins come to trade?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

I set all yetis to accept any trainer, and be trained for war.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Due to exams this took forever but it's finally here

9th Hematite 94:
Since not much has been going on in the fortress I'll tell you my latest plans
I thought of the idea of making Private Quarters to all the previous overseers, (and current) one of the miners called me out on something, but never the less progress must go on

14th Hematite 94:

One of the Rangers have started building something, I say something cause he won't tell us what it is and thematerials are a bit questionable
18th Hematite 94:

He finally made it and it's worth a fortune
4th Malachite 94:

An Armok damn Giantess decided to travel from where ever giants live and decided to attack our hole of a fortress in the middle of a glacier! a glacier! I would think that the freezing cold factor would be a turn off but no, every damn thing has to come at us, I seriously doubt the military when it comes to this so for now I ordered everyone inside the fortress
8th Malachite 94:

Surprising enough one of the hunters outside got the beat on the giant and shot her to an inch of her life, unfortunaly he stoped (for some reason and casually walked away like it was no big deal) so I'm opening the drawbridge and letting the military deal with this.

10th Malachite 94:

The military did it! they killed the damn thing chopped the damn thing's head off, one of the King's bodyguards actually ran faster than any of the guard
13th Galena 94:

You know, Galena was going great and all but those stupid gobbos decided it was a great day to attack our fortress, maybe their friends of the snatchers we caught? Nah, even if they were why would they go a freezing wasteland to save them but that's their their choice
15th Galena 94:

Since the military said to me that they're not going out side in the cold (the hell type of military are these guys) so I had the bridge close, unfortunaly the only dwarf with the balls to run outside decided to run outside when the bridge closed, and smashed his head.
Damn gobbos, later I recieved word that the dwarf caught outside was father! Those gobbos will pay for the death of my father they will pay!! (ignore the fact the fact that it was mainly caused on his and my stupidity, makes for better stories)

I'll try to get Autumn to go a lot faster than summer.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Why are their floating chunks of ice and mechanisms in the last pic?

Anyway, good story. I offer my sincerest condolences for your father.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

I have no idea, they were there when i had my turn. I didnt touch them, saying they were caused by some voodoo sorcery or something.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was my doing. It's left behind by a successfully implemented "glacier cave-in to get water" trick.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exams are over :) so updates will come a lot quicker than summer did.

Fun Fact:
In-game Tirion is one of my cousins

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

That was my doing. It's left behind by a successfully implemented "glacier cave-in to get water" trick.

how does that work? ive never worked much with a glacier before, and i had no idea that you could cave in glaciers to get them to give you fresh water.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

how does that work? ive never worked much with a glacier before, and i had no idea that you could cave in glaciers to get them to give you fresh water.
I've noticed it in one of my personal glacier forts. Basically, you cave in a bunch of ice, and it makes water. It's fantastic, and probably a bug.

Your doing, Tirion? I thought better of you. And if you hadn't noticed, I left my turn with ALL OF THE SODDING DWARVES DRINKING WATER THAT WASN'T MADE BY YOUR ARMOK-DAMNED EXPLOITS!

sorry... I'm a little tense right now...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've noticed it in one of my personal glacier forts. Basically, you cave in a bunch of ice, and it makes water. It's fantastic, and probably a bug.

Your doing, Tirion? I thought better of you. And if you hadn't noticed, I left my turn with ALL OF THE SODDING DWARVES DRINKING WATER THAT WASN'T MADE BY YOUR ARMOK-DAMNED EXPLOITS!

sorry... I'm a little tense right now...

You mean water in an unsecured, Troll-infested cavern. And of course ice melts if moved down to warmer layers, no bug here- the only bug I see is how boulders of ice produce only "contaminants" and not real water when brought there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36