Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 85393 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

May I have the next turn? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

May I have the next turn? 
Sure. You might need to fall back to an earlier save; the latest one appears to have bugged out a bit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unpaused.  Crash. 
What save should I revert back to? 

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

This one. The one that Cmega uploaded before the mad doctor bred some bugs.

The priority right now, I think, is getting rid of all the crap which is everywhere.
And making coffins. Seriously. We should get more coffins.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, downloaded that and will start playing again tomorrow morning.  Any other tips?

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, downloaded that and will start playing again tomorrow morning.  Any other tips?
The dwarves spend endless amounts of time hauling things back and forth accross the fort. This doesn't need to happen. We don't need any of the non adamantine things outside. We don't need most of the things inside. We don't need more bone bolts. We have enough crossbows to arm each dwarf at max population twice over.

The most pressing AJ concern is getting out of FPS hell. Be prepared for a year of dump fortress. It can be magma dumping or atomsmashing, doesn't really matter. But all of those bones, teeth, outside clothing/goblinite can/should be destroyed.

My bugged save I built a ~100 lvl garbage chute to the magma sea. Then the game crashed. It was useful because you could dump things from anywhere in the fortress and not have a ~250 distance treck.

The other two semi-pressing concern is getting a bit of a military rebuilt, and hauling corpses. You are going to need to build coffins. It would be useful to build mason shops closer to the stones, and decommissioning the current mortuary.

Finally, the minetrack in the pyramid is set to "ride," which means it is set to break the legs of whoever rides it. It needs to be disabled. The 3 minecart goblin grinder is set to "push", which would also injure your dwarves. I recommend disabling it, cleaning out the garbage inside, burying the corpses.

I am happy to see AJ carrying on. Good luck.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I can't quite live up to edgefigaro's advice, so I'll just leave this right here.

Kill the doctor.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Probably disabling all stockpiles would help solving the stockpiling problem.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably disabling all stockpiles would help solving the stockpiling problem.

Just don't disable the food stockpiles  ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

What, do dwarves need food stockpiles for eating/drinking? I don't think so. I disabled all the stockpiles at my turn and they drunk their booze directly from floor. No problem there.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What, do dwarves need food stockpiles for eating/drinking? I don't think so. I disabled all the stockpiles at my turn and they drunk their booze directly from floor. No problem there.
But then they won"t move stuff from the farm, and it'll all rot.  Because we have such a shortage of food around here. 
I'm taking several classes online, and all the assignments are closed tonight at midnight, so I've been working on redoing all my assignments that I have a low grade on.  After that I'll get back to the fort. 
So far what I've done is re-ordered the military so we have some semblance of a command structure, with my dorf put at the head.  I've also conscripted a few other dwarves that have skills.  Other then that I've looked around and have just been saying WTF at everything.   Expect a full report sometime tonight/tomorrow morning (After a while it all blends together).  After that it'll progress fairly quickly. 

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... do we have a lever for our dear, beloved mayor? 

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Food shortage? What? Huge plots farm plots and thousands of food/booze for 50 dwarves?

Its that kind of thinking right there that makes everything go all WTF!?!

I was so drastic as to take apart all of our farms. Maybe all the bugs crawled out of the farm plots and into the fortress, bugging the save...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:24:37 pm by edgefigaro »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Uh-huh.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So multiple things happened in the past three hours (Approximately two days of gametime).  FPS slowed down even more somehow, two miners were killed after someone above them digged a channel and dropped a few stones on their heads, a goblin ambush caught the military outside as they went to go retrieve their equipment, and then the FPS slowed down even more.  I've been watching this fight between the masons caught outside and some goblins, and it takes almost 20 seconds for a bolt to fly seven tiles..  I'll try to play for a bit more, but I'm unsure if I'll actually be able to do anything. 
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36