Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192812 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 160 New players and Sucessful rituals
« Reply #5265 on: May 20, 2016, 10:48:53 am »

((Hmm, maybe a electricity-absorbing weapon that gets stronger the more electricity it absorbs? :b))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: May 20, 2016, 11:12:29 am »

((Hmm, maybe a electricity-absorbing weapon that gets stronger the more electricity it absorbs? :b))
(("Stronger" is a pretty general term. Generally that might mean less breakable or even just sharper. Rather, a weapon that can absorb, store, and then discharge electrical energy (preferably in the form of some kind of projectile) would work much better.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: May 20, 2016, 11:18:16 am »

"You're okay? I was so worried!"
Talk to tree.
Start replenish my summoning essences, 3 of them.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: May 20, 2016, 02:38:18 pm »

Summon an antimagic glass wall slightly towards the bigholder.
Dodge, hope not to get burned.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:46:38 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: May 20, 2016, 02:41:28 pm »

Summon a glass hemisphere that renders what it is placed on massless.
If that succeeds, place it on the HDc.

{HDc? Also, I probably shouldn't alow you to do the orb either, as you have no afinities that have anything to do with mass.}
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: May 20, 2016, 02:45:18 pm »

Summon a glass hemisphere that renders what it is placed on massless.
If that succeeds, place it on the HDc.

{HDc? Also, I probably shouldn't alow you to do the orb either, as you have no afinities that have anything to do with mass.}
((Hueg Dakka Cannon, SB's blade launcher))
((That does make sense. I'll revise.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:46:54 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: May 20, 2016, 07:17:57 pm »

(("Stronger" is a pretty general term. Generally that might mean less breakable or even just sharper. Rather, a weapon that can absorb, store, and then discharge electrical energy (preferably in the form of some kind of projectile) would work much better.))
((Swords: Faster to swing
Projectile Throwers: Shoots faster))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: May 20, 2016, 10:26:28 pm »

((Swords: Faster to swing
Projectile Throwers: Shoots faster))
((Or you know increasing how much force something can withstand))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: May 21, 2016, 04:58:32 am »

And suddenly, someone else appears. Wait, look at that armor... This has to be the guy.

Oh! Um, hey! Are you that guy who walked into that tower a while ago wearing a similar-looking suit to the one you have on now? If so, I've been meaning to have a conversation with you! Um... Could you please come over here? I'm a little tied up.
Yes, it is I, the almighty Iron Mage (also known as Professor Jiksap), here to save the day! And don't you dare compare my new suit to that silly outfit I had on earlier!
((assuming that Jiksap rolls high enough SPD to enter the action/get close enough to talk))
Wait, you're Professor Jiksap? THE Professor Jiksap? Oh my gods, I feel so lucky right now! You have no idea how famous you are where I come from! Professor Jiksap, the legendary magitech who can construct the most wonderful thaumaturgical contraptions out of random parts! You're like a celebrity in my home town! I can't believe it's really YOU! you're Professor Jiksap!!!

Err... Anyway, the reason I wanted to talk was because, well, I've long had ideas of how I could be of use to a magitech. I can create basically anything of any shape with any physical properties, tuned with utmost precision to the absolute ideal mechanical properties! I would like to propose an alliance, or at least an alliance of sorts! ...That is, as soon as I get out of this failed attempt at a scabbard.
Hey, miscasts happen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:01:40 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: May 21, 2016, 02:56:49 pm »

And suddenly, someone else appears. Wait, look at that armor... This has to be the guy.

Oh! Um, hey! Are you that guy who walked into that tower a while ago wearing a similar-looking suit to the one you have on now? If so, I've been meaning to have a conversation with you! Um... Could you please come over here? I'm a little tied up.
Yes, it is I, the almighty Iron Mage (also known as Professor Jiksap), here to save the day! And don't you dare compare my new suit to that silly outfit I had on earlier!
((assuming that Jiksap rolls high enough SPD to enter the action/get close enough to talk))
Wait, you're Professor Jiksap? THE Professor Jiksap? Oh my gods, I feel so lucky right now! You have no idea how famous you are where I come from! Professor Jiksap, the legendary magitech who can construct the most wonderful thaumaturgical contraptions out of random parts! You're like a celebrity in my home town! I can't believe it's really YOU! you're Professor Jiksap!!!

Err... Anyway, the reason I wanted to talk was because, well, I've long had ideas of how I could be of use to a magitech. I can create basically anything of any shape with any physical properties, tuned with utmost precision to the absolute ideal mechanical properties! I would like to propose an alliance, or at least an alliance of sorts! ...That is, as soon as I get out of this failed attempt at a scabbard.
Hey, miscasts happen.

That sounds very useful indeed! Don't worry, miscasts happen to even the best of us. And you wouldn't believe what ridiculous components I had to work with to make this marvel!

I have a feeling that you might be more useful than my dinosaur-obsessed friend back at the castle, but don't tell him that. Also, shouldn't we be worrying a little more about that giant eye monster than yapping our possibly slightly unscrewed heads off?

Jiksap makes a mental note among his mind-council about his apparent famousness in his homeworld. Perhaps the attention-diversion fields often used to conceal his work and provide time to think among himselves didn't work as well as he had hoped...

Then again, maybe this was because of that one time where a legion of old rustbuckets attacked a town out of revenge, and he happened to be there. Within 10 minutes the entire lot was fleeing from weapons crafted of the recently scrapped.

...then he hung out a while, fixing just about everything in sight and playing Santa Claus a little. Yeah, this wacko must be from there. Most certainly.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: May 21, 2016, 07:58:07 pm »

Hey, miscasts happen.

That sounds very useful indeed! Don't worry, miscasts happen to even the best of us. And you wouldn't believe what ridiculous components I had to work with to make this marvel!

I have a feeling that you might be more useful than my dinosaur-obsessed friend back at the castle, but don't tell him that. Also, shouldn't we be worrying a little more about that giant eye monster than yapping our possibly slightly unscrewed heads off?

Err... Giant eye monster?
...Sounds good! Point the way and I'll follow as soon as I'm able.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:02:14 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: May 21, 2016, 08:22:51 pm »

Hey, miscasts happen.

Err... Giant eye monster?
...Sounds good! Point the way and I'll follow as soon as I'm able.

((Totally not meta at all. (Actually considering that the skeleton army seems to have heard the commotion from a chunk away and the noise from dakka-cannon and 1000 eyes might have gotten farther, it might not be as meta as it looks.)))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: May 21, 2016, 08:29:44 pm »

((Okay, can somebody explain to me how to actually make a character?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: May 21, 2016, 09:17:13 pm »

((Okay, can somebody explain to me how to actually make a character?))

All right. So, you start with this sheet:

Name:
Affinity:
Description(optional):
STR=
DEX=
SPD=
END=
POT=

Name and description are purely cosmetic. You have 8 points to put into your stats. 0 points in a stat gets you a -1 on related rolls, 1 removes that, and 3/6/9 would give +1/+2/+3, and so on. POT is the only one you might not know, and that governs the strength of your magic.

Affinity is arguably the most important part, and determines what spells you can cast. You can make up any spell you like, as long as it relates to your affinity somehow. Complexity penalties can apply in certain situations/if the relationship is only marginal, though.

IE, someone with, say, glass could summon, manipulate, or enchant glass, someone with sickness could cause or accelerate that, transformation would let you transform a bunch of stuff (probably with penalties or something), and that sort of thing. Affinities (and spells) get a lot more creative, mind you, I'm just using basic examples.

So... does that help at all, or should I go a bit deeper? Tried to write this out quickly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: May 21, 2016, 10:42:10 pm »

That's actually not at all complicated.

But essences are confusing...

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:35:13 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 506