Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192766 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 220 Merchants and Smiths
« Reply #6900 on: February 09, 2017, 06:40:14 am »

Easter Sunday makes 4 more essence.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 220 Merchants and Smiths
« Reply #6901 on: February 09, 2017, 09:07:51 pm »

Turn 221

Dig up the thing, make 2 essences if i have time

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seva began shoveling away muck. It was quite a bit of work as the soaked earth was heavy and flowed into the holes he managed to make. But after some work he managed to uncover enough of the thing to find out a few things about it. Firstly, it was large, the spike continued underground and Seva was becoming more and more certain that the spike was actually a corner. Secondly, and more interestingly, the thing was gold plated. Under the gold it was stone but it was all covered by a thin layer of gold.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Note to self: essences are useful in aether resonance matrixes. Should have made more beforehand. Maybe make a robot to make essences for me..."

Aether resonance matrix continues. If it won't disrupt the ritual, Doktor Diabolical also mentally plans out a robot that makes essences.

Doktor continued with his matrix and he was making good progress on it. Ghostly parts were no longer rising from the sacrifices but they were still assembling into the larger structure. It was not done yet but not much was left.

Markus says 'serfdom' before picking up the gray goo. Then, he drops the gray goo outside and says 'emancipation'. Then, make 3 more essences.

Marcus collected the grey goo and tossed it outside in the dirt. No longer in physics defying place, it began eating through the earth, remaking it into itself. Earth was not particularly high energy and was naturally also filled with stuff that did not make particularly good nanobots. Without any extra help it would devour the island in about a day.

Ready my dimension step dagger and avoid getting impaled.

As the worm turned for another round, Cuberac pulled out his dimensional dagger. It would be very useful in a moment and could be used in a pinch to escape. He didn't need it this time, jumping away as the worm surfaced. It seemed to have emerged more than the last time and began to turn towards Cuberac.

Take part in Skelliborn's mysterious and loopholey ritual.

The Ritual: To Make A Set Of Good Armor With Flight Capabilities
Chorkinaan's Sacrifices: (3 of the blades used to make the magic circle)
star2wars3's Sacrifices: (The Other 3 Sets of blades)

star2wars3's role in the ritual: Build A Jetpack Into The Armor by using propeller blades as engines
and Block Magic attacks using semi-aetherial blade barrier that forms in front of where attacks form.
Chorkinaan's role in the ritual: Block Physical Damage/ Increase Strength to the armor components using physicality.

star2wars3 Essence Usage this turn:

5,  +1/+1 Essences

It takes a certain sort of genius to decide to make armor from a bunch of blades. The kind of genius that is usually discovered after someone makes a pool five hundred feet long and exactly one foot wide. Granted, it is possible to melt down some blades and forge armor from that, but magic is somewhat more complicated in such matters. You could get a blademail that will stab anyone trying to punch you or blend anyone wearing it equally. It was a good thing that both of them were experienced mages and knew how to get the first kind of blademail.

((@DG: Is there a reason I only got +2 LUCK during the chair use (EDIT: not counting the Tower field)? Is the +3 ring not activating?))
Enchant one of the coins to increase the chance of the owner's rituals giving strong and beneficial results. Use a +1/+2 essence, two chaotic +2/+1 essences, and a +1 POT essence.

{I got used to you having a +2 and just wrote it from memory. Imagine you got a jello and fruit desert instead of the orange.}

Gambler focused his power and crafted one of the old classics - a lucky coin. Although rather than bring some general luck this one brought fortune to those dealing with rituals. Such was the source of many lucky coins, once specialized enchantment worn off and only general luckiness remained.

{Coin of ritual luck, +2 LUCK to rituals}

Easter Sunday makes 4 more essence.

Easter collected himself some more power. There was not much else to do besides pondering the value of armor and Easter was thinking of a particular solution.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 221 Gray plague begins
« Reply #6902 on: February 09, 2017, 10:39:09 pm »

keep digging, have the phoenix try to dry the mud i dig out to keep it from flowing back in
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: February 09, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Soon... soon my escalation will begin!"

Aether resonance matrix continues.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: February 10, 2017, 12:06:16 am »

Stand just inside the tower auras and cast a spell to make my grey goo more effective and efficient. Use all of my non-chaotic essences.

Three essences afterwards.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: February 10, 2017, 08:12:23 am »

Continue The Ritual

Use:
2 Blade essences +1POT
2 Blade essences +1CMP
1 Blade essences +2/+1
1 Blade essence +1/+2
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: February 10, 2017, 11:43:02 am »

Slice at its side.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: February 10, 2017, 12:23:41 pm »

Continue the ritual

4 +1/+1 essences and 1 +1 CMP essence this turn.

((I have so many chaotic essences...))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: February 10, 2017, 01:37:53 pm »

Easter Sunday uses both of his chaotic essences (+2 +1, +1 +1) to give power to the eggs.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: February 13, 2017, 04:53:39 pm »

Walk over to Markus
"Please desist. I would rather the island remain intact, and your actions carry substantial risk of endangering it. Transporting the goo to a container that it cannot devour would suffice."
3 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: February 13, 2017, 06:12:22 pm »

Turn 222

keep digging, have the phoenix try to dry the mud i dig out to keep it from flowing back in

Seva turned into phoenix and almost fell over as one of his legs was still missing. It took a few moments to right himself but afterwards he blasted the swamp with searing heat, sending up clouds of steam and setting some more organic remains on fire. This made digging considerably easier and soon Seva was seeing entire rooftop of what seemed to be a tower, all gold plated. There seemed to be some magical wards carved into the gold.

Doktor Diabolical:

"Soon... soon my escalation will begin!"

Aether resonance matrix continues.

Aether matrix continued it's work connecting and rearranging parts. Still many of them floated in the air, still the device remained unfinished. But the matrix was surprisingly stable, none of the safeties had blown out yet. It was probably the professional approach.

Stand just inside the tower auras and cast a spell to make my grey goo more effective and efficient. Use all of my non-chaotic essences.

Three essences afterwards.

Markus knew exactly what the situation needed. What it needed was some infusion of energy. The nanobots surged, and began devouring ground rapidly. Well, rapidly compared to the previous speed. It would still take some twelve hours to devour the island. But it was enough to attract some unwanted attention from one of the mages in the Tower.

Continue The Ritual

Use:
2 Blade essences +1POT
2 Blade essences +1CMP
1 Blade essences +2/+1
1 Blade essence +1/+2

Continue the ritual

4 +1/+1 essences and 1 +1 CMP essence this turn.

((I have so many chaotic essences...))

Dkeliborn and Chorkinaan continued assembling the blademail. They managed to more than double the power contained by the ritual, although one of sacrifices rusted to nothing in seconds.They still had a wide margin of safety, but this could still be considered bad luck.

Slice at its side.

Cuberac charged the worm with his hyperbladecube in hand. The worm, rather than attempt to dodge, parried the strike with it's hardened beak. The impact punched the beak aside, but failed to crack it. The worm then turned back to Cuberac and spat out an orangeish glob of something. Cuberac did not stop in place to see what it would do to him. It didn't seem to do anything impressive as it landed on dirt, but there were toxins that could go through skin, and he was not going to check himself.

Easter Sunday uses both of his chaotic essences (+2 +1, +1 +1) to give power to the eggs.

Easter sent some more power into the wasp eggs and soon they began to hatch. Large green larvae ate the remains of their eggs and began crawling around, looking for something else.

Walk over to Markus
"Please desist. I would rather the island remain intact, and your actions carry substantial risk of endangering it. Transporting the goo to a container that it cannot devour would suffice."
3 essences.

Gambler noticed that there was another mage trying to get a doomsday going just outside and went to deal with this. Long term luck just wasn't his forte, which meant that occasionally he had to deal with such problems, usually wizard related.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 222 Sorcerous craftsmen
« Reply #6911 on: February 13, 2017, 06:13:58 pm »

My time management skills suck, PM's come tomorrow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: February 13, 2017, 06:36:39 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"That settles it. Next time I do this, I'm definitely preparing with more essences beforehand."

Aether resonance matrix hopefully reaches completion. Though Doktor might keep it going after it completes, just for a bit more power.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: February 13, 2017, 06:52:21 pm »

2 more essences, keep digging, try to find a way in
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: February 13, 2017, 06:54:37 pm »

Dkeliborn and Chorkinaan continued assembling the blademail.

Dkeliborn and Chorkinaan

Dkeliborn

Dk

((Good god, my chaotic form has gone haywire! I've turned Skelliborn into an ape!))

Continue the ritual. Essences this turn: 1 +1/+2, 1 +1/+1, 3 +1 CMP.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:58:34 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 506