Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192826 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 229 The weather is nice
« Reply #6990 on: March 10, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »

Can I get a quick summary of what's going on?

Were any rule changes made since I left?

What is the last thing you remember?
I made a dome of heat, and Jase decided to siphon power from it.
I still don't know what's going on, by the way.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: March 10, 2017, 04:10:04 pm »

Head south, conjure 2 essences.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: March 10, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »

Feh. Bad luck, I suppose. Ah well! North to Mushlandia!

Chorkinaan heads north, to the mushroomy regions. 3 essences along the way.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: March 11, 2017, 06:38:54 am »

3 essences((I hate to give you boring actions like this but since I'm currently on a school field trip this weekend I don't have time to thoroughly plan out a more interesting action))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: March 11, 2017, 07:24:18 am »

Can I get a quick summary of what's going on?

Were any rule changes made since I left?

What is the last thing you remember?
I made a dome of heat, and Jase decided to siphon power from it.
I still don't know what's going on, by the way.

Really, nothing of importance happened since you were gone aside from Skeliborn and Chorkinaan teaming up to make some powerful items.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: March 12, 2017, 08:40:11 pm »

4 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: March 13, 2017, 08:29:03 am »

((After missing a multitude of turns due to various reasons... I return to research Tower secrets))

"Hm... Slightly unexpected outcome. And has I passed temporal distortion on my way? Timeflow did not seem normal a few moments ago..."

Explore the cauldron room and see if there is anything that could point on its hidden or obvious purpose. See where the compass points to. Also craft 4 essences while I think on this.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:01:18 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: March 13, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

Turn 230

Doktor Diabolical:

"Hm. Hmmmm. Okay, enough is enough."

Detonate the aether matrix!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor released his grip on the sacrifices and they were swiftly consumed by the matrix. There was no need to push his great luck or waste more time. The parts flew together forming a massive maw held up by a base with thick threads. Other tools that would be useful for this such as miners, carriers and defenders would probably be easy to make using the newly forged mobile factory.

Spoiler: Mobile Factory (click to show/hide)

climb back up the ladder and push the mud on the top floor down the hole with my shovel, checking for anything in the mud while doing this (not dropping anything other than mud in the hole is more important that sweeping mud into the hole)

Seva got back up the ladder and began shoveling muck down the hatch, checking if there was anything in it along the way. There wasn't. Wether it was because there was nothing to begin with or if it was destroyed by rampant alchemy, the ud was entirely free of any impurities.

Read the boooook.

The book is filled with various small spells, such as ways to do everyday chores (cleaning, cooking), some convenience magic(animating household objects), alarm spells for waking up, tracking spell for finding small, easily misplaced objects. Useful stuff. Now to intensify it until it can kill people.

Head south, conjure 2 essences.

Cuberac left his defeated foe and went off southwards. He walked through almost the entire length of gravely geyser filled area and paused not too far off the edge of the island.

Feh. Bad luck, I suppose. Ah well! North to Mushlandia!

Chorkinaan heads north, to the mushroomy regions. 3 essences along the way.

Chorkinaan did not like the desert anymore. Maybe there were others, nicer deserts, but this one seemed to had been built entirely out of hard to climb dunes and quicksand. It took forever to get out of it, leaving Chorkiaan just hands reach away from the mushrooms before he had to stop to rest. The magic slumbering in his body flared again, maybe because of the desert, but probably because his magic escaped again, leaving Chorkinaans skin color of sand.

3 essences((I hate to give you boring actions like this but since I'm currently on a school field trip this weekend I don't have time to thoroughly plan out a more interesting action))

Skeliborn continued focusing power.

4 essences.

Gambler continued acquiring magic.

((After missing a multitude of turns due to various reasons... I return to research Tower secrets))

"Hm... Slightly unexpected outcome. And has I passed temporal distortion on my way? Timeflow did not seem normal a few moments ago..."

Explore the cauldron room and see if there is anything that could point on its hidden or obvious purpose. See where the compass points to. Also craft 4 essences while I think on this.

Ao inspected the cauldron room and found that it had nothing besides the cauldron. The compass was showing towards the cauldron. Within the cauldron were hidden five niches, their shape perfectly replicating that of a soul shard. A necromantic artifact perhaps?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 230 March of Machine begins
« Reply #6998 on: March 13, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

I have to get up early tomorrow so I'll do PM's tomorrow.

Next mage made calamity comes in 3 turns.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: March 13, 2017, 06:33:57 pm »

Move southeast one tile, and form 3 essences.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: March 13, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »

Huh. Leafy hair, flexibly resilient limbs, sandy tan skin... Well, I suppose now I'm a banyan tree. Now, to business!

Enter the mushroomy hex and start wandering around in search of treasures and whatnot. 3 essences.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: March 13, 2017, 07:44:48 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Phase one... complete. Now to phase two. Hold on. Hey you! Mage to the north! Give me some bloody space if you don't want to get on my bad side!"

If the mage to the north(Cuberac) moves away from Doktor Diabolical, Doktor Diabolical hmphs, having the snowmaker bot sacrifice itself and the cubebots toss the spare parts pile to the factory, then having the factory process the parts into a shoveler bot. While this is occurring, Doktor Diabolical makes 3 essences.

If the mage to the north doesn't move away... Doktor Diabolical gets serious, sacrificing the snowmaker bot, cubebots, small parts pile, and bicycle into the factory to produce a (likely low quality) suit of power armor which he then puts on. If he has time after that, he makes 3 essences in preparation for the fight.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: March 14, 2017, 05:59:19 pm »

Summon a glass mortar and pestle, and use it to grind up the alchemical plants with enough of the fluid luck in the vial of luck siphoning to make a thin paste.
Then, use that mixture to inscribe a ritual circle on the floor.
Lastly, summon a small, shallow glass dish and pour the rest of the luck into it. Set it at one of the sacrificial points in the circle.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »

Ah, I see you're almost prepared for the ritual.
3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: March 16, 2017, 05:04:48 pm »

Is there any mud left?

if yes: continue with previous action
push the mud on the top floor down the hole with my shovel, checking for anything in the mud while doing this (not dropping anything other than mud in the hole is more important that sweeping mud into the hole)
if no: go down the ladder and search the other rooms
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 506