Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192857 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 262 The End is nigh
« Reply #7485 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26:14 pm »

"..."

Experimantally slash one of demonic portals to see if sword affects metaphysical things as well. Then, continue weaking connection to an already doomed world. 2 +1/+2 & +1 POT essences for that. Also, Lesser Blood Power and as much Celestial Insight (CMP) as needed.

((No point in holding onto those Insights anymore. Also, can I waste excess POT of my essences to get more CMP? The way almost all of them are POT-oriented, its hard to get more CMP boost without hitting limit.))

Yes, you can waste POT or CMP when using essences.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: August 14, 2017, 10:45:45 am »

This roleplaying section looks interesting! Is it too late for me to join in?

Also, what is CMP? I may have missed its description on the first page.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: August 14, 2017, 11:48:13 am »

This roleplaying section looks interesting! Is it too late for me to join in?

Also, what is CMP? I may have missed its description on the first page.

CMP is kinda not a stat, it gets rolled to see if the spell just melts all over your hands.

But you are actually late to join, the game is rapidly approaching the end, I figure I should be able to wrap it up in three weeks.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: August 14, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »

CMP is kinda not a stat, it gets rolled to see if the spell just melts all over your hands.

But you are actually late to join, the game is rapidly approaching the end, I figure I should be able to wrap it up in three weeks.

Aw what a shame! Are you going to create a new game?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: August 14, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »

Important stuff
There is some stuff going on in PM's that's kinda important. Due to this, the turn will be delayed.

Aw what a shame! Are you going to create a new game?
Unlikely. I do have plans of making actual proper ruleset in case anyone wants to try to run this.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: August 14, 2017, 07:36:46 pm »

Unlikely. I do have plans of making actual proper ruleset in case anyone wants to try to run this.

((I'd definitely find something like this useful. Not planning to make a clone, but the base mechanics would be fun to mess around with from a GM angle.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: August 14, 2017, 09:24:35 pm »

((Just noticed but this is thread page 500. Yay for milestones))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: August 16, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »

Turn 263

Try to activate my dispelling pyramid, and attempt to bash my enemy into mush.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nihilum attempted to blast Cuberac with a bolt of absence again but Cuberac now knew what to expect and the panicked blast flew right past him. But Cuberac felt no less rushed than Nihilum, and attempted to improvise a weapon from the dispelling pyramid. It was meant to be used as a key, not a blunt instrument, but it still worked. The energies within allowed it to pierce through the ward the mage of absence had constructed, and the strength in the arm using it allowed the pyramid to pierce through Nihilum's skull and into the brain. It was an instant death.

(I just remembered that I gave my armour to Grundar. Also the amulet.)

Fight off whatever is crushing my chest. Fight off whatever is clouding my mind. Try to ask Grundar for the amulet, that might help clear my head. Though I'm not entirely sure the amulet isn't a placebo. Also try to ask him for a health potion.

Summon... I don't even know what to summon. Something that will help. Maximum essences.

Get the seeds.

Go through the portal
Break free of Ghost Illithid's Grasp. If Hepheastus decides to intervene and save me the trouble, go through the portal.
Fight the darkness. Heal my eyes using the healing weapon I possess.
(Well it did have some effect at least.)

Turn the Shadow Demon into a wolf. All three essences and a lesser blood power.
If the fire is out, stand up and be on guard. If it is not, keep rolling. Have the Stiletto cut the darkness.
"..."

Experimantally slash one of demonic portals to see if sword affects metaphysical things as well. Then, continue weaking connection to an already doomed world. 5 +1/+2 essences (wasting POT) for that. Also, Lesser Blood Power and as much Celestial Insight as needed.

((No point in holding onto those Insights anymore.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skeliborn was struggling. No matter what he did, neither prayers nor magic, the darkness and silence refused to let go. Some distance away, Gambler readied his stiletto, prepared to defend from any surprises. He did not need to wait long. Everything seemed to happen all at once. The elephant's legs extended, pushing the body upwards. Soon, the creature was a dozen meters in the air on legs like stilts. Seva rushed towards the portal, but a scroll appeared from nowhere and attempted to wrap him up. The birdmage was nimble though, he managed to dodge under the coils of parchment and disappeared through the portal with all of his birds.

A strange object appeared among the mages, it was difficult to focus on and appeared to be constantly changing shape. Soon, it collapsed back into nothingness. While mages were distracted by this, some force opened a wide gash on Jame's chest, letting blood flow. Then, as if to add insult to injury, a large bronze colored cube like object fell on James face and broke his nose. Nearby, Sharrin was trying to deal with the shadow demon the only way he could think of, which was to turn it into something that he could influence. The magic flowed towards the demon, bending the legs, changing the face and conjuring fur. The demon was transformed into a lesser werewolf, half wolf with none of the magical strengths ascribed to the legendary beasts. But the spell took toll on Sharrin, the magic furthering his own transformation. He shrunk and fell on all fours, changing into a wolf himself. Ao continued fading from sight, vanishing near completely. None heard him cry out as patches of skin faded even faster than him, disappearing off his body.

James opened his eyes. He fought off the darkness and almost immediately regretted doing so as he suddenly felt pain from two life threatening wounds. He panicked, throwing a summoning spell straight forward into the air and hoping for the best. As usual in such situations, it didn't work. A blue colored canister appeared above him and then exploded, sending some liquid everywhere over and around him. Almost immediately, the liquid bubbled up into sticky foam, gluing James to the ground and hiding him from sight.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:41:48 pm by DreamerGhost »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 263 Escaped or destroyed?
« Reply #7493 on: August 16, 2017, 08:40:08 pm »

((You forgot my +1 luck. The situation should be at least slightly better.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: August 16, 2017, 08:40:27 pm »

None heard him cry out as patches of skin faded even faster than him, disappearing off his body.
((None lives! None lives! None, my character, lives! Or at least hears somebody crying out in pain.))

A blue colored canister appeared above him and then exploded, sending some liquid everywhere over and around him. Almost immediately, the liquid bubbled up into sticky foam, gluing James to the ground and hiding him from sight.
((Somewhere in Worm, a PRT trooper is mighty confused.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: August 16, 2017, 08:41:22 pm »

This was delayed a bit more than I wanted, so how about I do a turn on either Friday or Saturday and then the next on Monday, back on schedule? On Friday if everyone posts in time, on Saturday otherwise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: August 16, 2017, 08:43:03 pm »

Quite. But the situation is actually better than it looks since you can breathe through the foam anyways. You're just pinned on an island undergoing orbital bombardment while mysterious force is trying to kill you with random woundings.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: August 16, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »

Quite. But the situation is actually better than it looks since you can breathe through the foam anyways. You're just pinned on an island undergoing orbital bombardment while mysterious force is trying to kill you with random woundings.
((And theoretically the foam should seal your wounds, so if it weren't for the other life threatening forces surrounding you'd be pretty good. Also can I still cast spells?))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: August 17, 2017, 12:49:55 am »

((And theoretically the foam should seal your wounds, so if it weren't for the other life threatening forces surrounding you'd be pretty good. Also can I still cast spells?))
Wait, how deep is the cut in NAV's throat? Can it expand through his nostrils? The foam might expand into his lungs, stomach, and/or mouth, which could cause problems, such as preventing his lungs from constricting or preventing him from fully closing his mouth/pronouncing words (such as for spells).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: August 17, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »

Use a weak dragon shout to clear foam from my mouth if I can't speak effectively enough to cast a spell.

Summon containment foam solvent above me. As many essences as I can muster + lesser blood magic. Get free, consume as many healing items as I need, get the seeds, go through the portal. We're running out of time.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:53:55 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 506