Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 73014 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Wait While Our Bakers Roll... [4 / 16]
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2015, 05:15:12 pm »

I'm quaking at the slowly increasing "roles finished" counter. Nothing with that much effort in it is good news.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Wait While Our Bakers Roll... [4 / 16]
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2015, 08:03:33 pm »

I'm quaking at the slowly increasing "roles finished" counter. Nothing with that much effort in it is good news.
Well, I'm a bit slow, plus I'm doing multiple roles at once. So, one role might be "finished" but I worked on like 10 other roles at the same time. So, I'll get spikes in roles finished as time goes by. I think I might be able to get them out tonight if I'm lucky. Otherwise, tomorrow's a realistic goal.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Wait While Our Bakers Roll... [15 / 16]
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:16 pm »

all but one...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 09:48:12 pm »

He's just trollin' now.

I bet he's still trying to figure out my role.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 10:40:54 pm »

He's just trollin' now.

No, but you're going to get what you deserve.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2015, 10:51:51 pm »

But... but... but... mine was sooo complicated and oblique of a role.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 11:08:36 pm »

But... but... but... mine was sooo complicated and oblique of a role.
Do you know what I do to Shakerag? And yet...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Wait While Our Bakers Roll... [16!!! / 16]
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2015, 11:51:54 pm »

Eeee exciting title change!
Nervous nervous nervous what is it what is it what is it mustknowmustknowmustknowmustknow!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Remain Seated While Other Passengers Are Boarding...
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2015, 12:58:26 am »

“As you may all be aware of, the ‘Fasten Seatbelts’ sign has lit up. Normally, this would be a great time to fasten your seatbelts, but you’re riding Webley Airlines. We’ll get you where you need to be as cheaply as your safety waivers can get you!” The stewardess gave a fake smile and flashed a disposable camera light to imitate a sparkle. Several members in the front of first class screamed about their eyes. The stewardess apologized for this by blinding several members in coach and a baby in the baggage compartment as well.

“Alright everyone. I’d like you all to remain seated while our pilots are resuscitated… As far as I can tell, the drugs should wear off after a few hours or so, so we’ll be making a quick stop on a nearby island. Our current arrival time is-” she looks over her shoulder into the pilot’s cabin, trying to get an accurate measurement, “-probably 15000 feet or so, so, I’ll be using the one remaining parachute to safely-” Her voice drifted off as she was jumping out of the now-open door to the plane.

Luckily, most people were using their phones to live tweet the plane crash, so the plane remained relatively calm as it smashed into a fiery wreckage into the island. One passenger managed to post a selfie of himself flying from the crash site with the description #yolo #imsofucked. It got 4 likes from his friends.

Through a series of odd coincidences and what could only be described later by investigators as “impossible,” 16 passengers and 1 stewardess managed to survive the crash. Even more bizarre was the parachute found in the engine that no one could identify as belonging to anyone.

The stewardess quickly assessed the plane and determined that this was clearly the act of mafiosos. Or maybe like 5 serial killers. You can never really be too sure with terrorist groups these days. One time, there was a group of self-identified bronies… She rambled on.

It is now Day 1.

IronyOwl is completely and utterly Town.

Vote Count
------------------------
blackmagechill -
Cheeetar -
Deus Asmoth -
Dorsidwarf -
flabort -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Lenglon -
notquitethere -
origamiscienceguy -
Persus13 -
Shakerag -
Teneb -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
ToonyMan -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - blackmagechill, Cheeetar, Deus Asmoth, Dorsidwarf, flabort, IronyOwl, Jack A T, Lenglon, notquitethere, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Shakerag, Teneb, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, ToonyMan,
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:40:44 pm by webadict »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:46 am »

blackmagechilli, how do you intend to find the terrorists?

General note: I'm going to be hiking until Saturday, (I'm currently just about to pack up my bag and leave some woods), so will be relatively low activity until then.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2015, 01:12:01 am »

NQT Why did you crash this plane, you terrorist?
Wait, no, scratch that, Unvote, What strategy do you intend to employ in order to attain victory this game?

Dorsidwar Based on your own initial knowledge of the game's balance based on your own role, how large of a scum team would you guess we are dealing with?

Shakerag Why did you force NQT and the pilots into crashing the plane? How do you intend to portray yourself this time?

Everyone else If you had to daykill someone right now, who would you kill?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2015, 02:11:13 am »

Dorsidwarf, at what point do you consider a person scummy enough to lynch on Day 1?
Lenglon, would you prefer to face a typical scum team, a large amount of unaligned serial killers, or a cult? Why?

NQT
Unvote
Shakerag

Unprompted wacky shenanigans, or required by his role? Who cares.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2015, 03:56:42 am »

Rather than speaking up, I walk over to each person in turn and hand them a simple pre-typed sheet of paper.
Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect with %chance kill. use?

Everyone else If you had to daykill someone right now, who would you kill?
I point at origamiscienceguy in response to this question, then use my phone to play a short soundbyte from before the crash:
He's just trollin' now.

Lenglon, would you prefer to face a typical scum team, a large amount of unaligned serial killers, or a cult? Why?
I watch Cheetar's face for an extra couple seconds before looking down at the dirt we're standing on and drawing two letters in it.
Quote from: Me to Cheetar
S
K
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2015, 07:04:32 am »

Lenglon: Can you elaborate further on your decision?

Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect with %chance kill. use?

Convoluted circumstances aside, yes. The chances are I'm inspecting somebody I am already suspicious of, in which case targeting them with a vigilante-esque kill is acceptable.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2015, 07:09:45 am »

flabort, Shakerag probably. He seems to have a liking for disruptive roles and it'd at least reveal whether he can be killed this time.

Leng, yes. It provides information either way and I investigate people I think are scummy anyway. Are you able to speak at all?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41