Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91362 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:09 pm »

Indeed.  So our flavor then?  What of it?
Only that which may help divine that which is necessary to serve.

So you want ability names?

Also, nice posting restriction :P.
But... But I just said...?

Alright, nevermind then.

So if I told you about a certain serious bodily injury in my flavortext, would it be what you wanted?
Are you so grievously injured? Perhaps some bandages are in order?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »

Indeed.  So our flavor then?  What of it?
Only that which may help divine that which is necessary to serve.

So you want ability names?

Also, nice posting restriction :P.
But... But I just said...?

Alright, nevermind then.

So if I told you about a certain serious bodily injury in my flavortext, would it be what you wanted?
Are you so grievously injured? Perhaps some bandages are in order?

...sure?

I can't tell if you're serious and I have no idea what you mean either way.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2017, 12:10:03 am »

Vote-request count:

Cinder: webadict
TheDarkStar: TBF, 4maskwolf
TBF: TheDarkStar
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2017, 02:30:08 am »

None of these are good options imo, but I guess that's how first days always go.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2017, 04:51:37 am »

None of these are good options imo, but I guess that's how first days always go.
If you think there's a better option, why not vote for that option?

Vote-request count:

Cinder: webadict
TheDarkStar: TBF, 4maskwolf
TBF: TheDarkStar
I don't even have a vote request out you goof, I teal-texted TBF for my own amusement but never actually have lime-greened anyone.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2017, 05:00:27 am »

The main issue is that I only have an idea on who isn't scum, not who is scum.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2017, 05:04:21 am »

I'd just suggest TDS wait on people with less free-time to have their say before making any decision.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2017, 06:35:36 am »

Then work backwards. Eliminate those you feel are town, and what you have left are the suspicious.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2017, 07:00:03 am »

Then work backwards. Eliminate those you feel are town, and what you have left are the suspicious.
*Tiruin writes Cin as newbie and prepares to hug her all the while grilling them :P [It was discussed on discord, BEFORE THIS GAME, that Cin wanted to play Mafia 'with you guys', so she joined in here, I linked this thread, people hopped on xD]
So yeah, I'm doing the same newbie card stuff I do in all my games.

And anyway, that's the general issue with everyone :O

Tiruin:What on earth do you mean by
You submitted a Shakeragian role, with an intent. There is no way someone can submit a role with an intent as it declarifies the game and pretty much makes bias out of the GM, who would be impartial (and I doubt this is so bastard/twisted that the GM becomes a force within the game >_>)
?
I am in doubt that one can submit a role with an intent to mould that role as.

FoU: Do you randomize the roles from what you get or can you be requested to put a theme to it or something?

That also means I'm not immediately a threat, just to mention that to mafia.
Y'know if I was mafia, I'd be all over you. But that'd be silly either way (if I was or wasn't) because of this. :P
That and this could be someone planning something, from a mafiame perspective :O so...

...Are you trying out stuff on Day 1, there?
Because you're pretty much doing something by generating responses and intrigue from people moreso than the value of your role :O

Tiruin: You didn't actually answer my RVS question you goof, you ignoring me makes me sad :( :P
W-what question ._.;

I have an idea of what Cinder's role archetype might be.  It's not a very concrete one, to tell the truth.
Wooooow. "Role archetype". ::)
So in my impression, you're just like webadict who has some sorta info on other people. Oooooo.
Nice response :V
But why are you in anyway communicating this freely when it's pretty much inferred from people?

You're being a bit harsh on him, don'tcha think?
4mask is the snarky dude guy no matter what role or alignment he is :P Just to warn.
The same may apply to:
> Shakerag
> Webadict
...and that's as far as I recall people's possible personalities in their playstyle. All of whom, however, are very decent people that one would love to hang out with IRL. But yeah.

TDS: How do you plan to proceed with today? We're doing exchanges of communication and it's pretty much a forever-day until people begin pointing at one another based on principles presented.

How will you proceed with seeing other people?

? Role name choice definitely has an impact on what kind of role people get. The GM still has final say of course, but our role name submissions are his inspiration for roles. (Sidenote: I was really hoping for a role that gave me complete control over the lynch without anyone else knowing it, but Fallacy was not amused and gave me a weaker role).
Well >_>
I can agree with you there for general beneficial reasons.

flame99: What's one tell you're prone to making as scum?
Me: Why the fuck am I asking myself a question?
No clue, I've never really played Mafia before. In my experience with Town of Salem, I guess I tend to go for over-ambitious gambits that backfire on me. Not necessarily as scum, but in ToS, scum has more capability for that sort of thing.
Nyoobees! :D
Alright, general questions for you--do you understand the power of implications and context for people? This game is pretty unorthodox compared to a vanilla game, so this covers how mechanics work and the 'personal perception of degrees of power' in a role and in day play.

Which generally includes how people communicate with each other in a Mafia game context :O Have you had any experience (same question to BHK//Cinder)) on a forum-based Mafia//on Bay12 before?
If not: Welcome to the Bay12 Mafia! :D

All my text here is a general newbie greeting and does not and should not preclude me from being nice town/mafia/other in one's perception.

Hey webbywuubs
What do you think about me? o_o
What do you think about others when they try to soft-claim-but-not-really when it's possibly in people's words; how they say them?

We need more RVS here. I'm PFPing due to being busy but please don't hold back on shooting me questions! :D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2017, 07:02:18 am »

Also to help stuff out, TDS, I believe setting a due date for talk and votes would benefit greater rather than letting a lie-loose-time for 'TDSHammer'ing :P

Tuesday [March 7] seems good. Forum time please?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2017, 07:23:22 am »

Think about you? I'm no paid thinker. I'm merely a hired tool, a servant, for a cause much greater than I. But if you'd like to trade, I may be able to help: a favor for you flavor, but only that which may aid you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2017, 07:35:42 am »

Gods am I having Fallen London flashbacks >_> That's the !!FUN!! type with noir and intrigue rather than YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS BUT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? (Do not do this.) [My role sadly isn't Fallen London-ish. Though now that I think about it it's pretty obvious given this forum and game :P]

Think about you? I'm no paid thinker. I'm merely a hired tool, a servant, for a cause much greater than I. But if you'd like to trade, I may be able to help: a favor for you flavor, but only that which may aid you.
My flavor?
I believe I have mentioned it already. :P

Although, to play this wordgame, one should note that there are unorthodox methods of speaking--I recall a beautiful game in the past played with parasites and me being flipped over by Toaster who was a doctor :I
Mostly because my memory is pretty hazy tonight, I'm moreso saying that I won't be able to get your words in hindsight <_<

That leads me to wonder this :I Are you seriously putting that good story writing vibes here? Because you're getting me talking D:<
How would you help me with 'my flavor' if I was to do the same as I perceive everyone else here? "Soft" soft claiming to help others?
Equal danger all round. Although 'danger' is oft a word used with negative connotations when when I say that, it's of neutrality. :I

Question for you web: Check my words well. It's all up here and I want answers. (Although you writing all that reminds me of Vector ;~;)
I would like to ask why the intrigue, why the mystery?
Not to note that there's no PM trading unlike in the last game we played in (Meph's Paranormal), so how will you check flavor? I've already given mine straight as day, no semantic confuzzles, straight up plain sight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2017, 08:14:32 am »

Oh, I must've missed that. My bad. I'll take a look, but if you decide to ask for something, let me know.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2017, 08:19:05 am »

Come to think of it, we're probably facing a two person scumteam given 9 players, and I'm curious about a few things summarized here:
> Web, why the offer of aid so early in game? What would be the difference until later on?
> TBF: You haven't answered my question :P
.....Your behavior confuses me.
Also how do you understand people at the moment?

> Other than BHK/FLame/Cin, the rest are ol' players and it seems that there is a LACK of lists of people getting questions :O From...more than probable scumteam#. (2 in my opinion)

PPE: Ohai.
I'm just curious why the Canada. :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2017, 08:31:03 am »

@Tiruin:I do not have information on anyone besides myself.  I was guessing, to tell the truth.  Does that make sense?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 57