Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91363 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2017, 01:59:16 pm »

How so?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2017, 02:07:51 pm »

You're defending someone else.  It looks like you're buddying up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2017, 02:39:26 pm »

Keep in mind that flame99 is new to forum Mafia and typically plays Town of Salem.
Using their meta, my argument is that much stronger.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2017, 06:22:26 pm »

4mask: Followup ideas on your insights on people.
Huh?

I have no idea what you're asking for here, but in the context I'm just going to assume you're asking for reads.  Alright, here's all the non-null reads I have as of now.

TBF: His laconic princeliness himself, although he's still second to Org in that regard.  Slight scum, I have no idea what his OMGUS vote on Tiruin was about so I'm going to assume malice before stupidity (it's mafia, after all, and they're not a particularly new player).
webadict: Slight not-scum (as opposed to necessarily town), his little play at the beginning would have benefited the scum somewhat but benefits the town more by allowing them to look at reactions regardless of Wuby's actual alignment.  I'm not discarding the possiblity that he's a third party rolefishing to find a specific person (or that he's a Cheetar-esque serial killer: no, we're never going to let you live down that game).
Cinder: Neutral for one very specific reason: Cinder, BHK, and flame are apparently all dating, and honestly I don't think they should have joined a game together because I'm afraid it's going to skew their ability to find scum, especially if one or more of them are on the scumteam.  But for that reason, I can excuse the defense of flame, at least this time.
Deus Asmoth: Town read due to his response to webadict.  No, I'm not going to give more specifics, because that will make it harder for me to analyze anyone else who (in a serious manner) responds to him in the same way.

People I have null reads on:
TDS: Has talked almost exclusively about his role and the lynch mechanics since the game started, with a couple exceptions.
Tiruin: Always difficult for me to read, although I'm looking over her stuff again since she's actually posting a lot D1 this time.
BHK: Pretty much no content right now.
flame99: Almost earned himself a scum read and a vote but is new, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2017, 06:31:24 pm »

4mask:Do you think it's just bad luck we can't understand Tiruin?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2017, 06:36:41 pm »

4mask:Do you think it's just bad luck we can't understand Tiruin?
Tiruin uses some strange grammar from time to time, I've gotten used to it in the three-four years I've played with her.  Doesn't mean it's not mildly annoying when it happens, but what can you do?

However, I have a more interesting question: did you mean your question to sound like a backhanded accusation of Tiruin being scum?  Because that's certainly what it sounded like.

In other news:

BHK and flame: Post more.  Talk, interact, make accusations.  If you're quiet, that makes it that much easier for the scum to go undetected, and that much easier for you to get lynched down the road because other players have been soft-cleared by their play and you haven't.  Regardless of your alignment, it's in your best interest to be active, especially in a game like this where there's no guarantee you'll live to see tomorrow (even moreso than usual).

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2017, 06:41:07 pm »

I am somewhat suspicious of the denser-than-usual impenetrability, manufactured pretexts, and accusations of me ignoring them that aren't particularly justified.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2017, 06:47:38 pm »

I am somewhat suspicious of the denser-than-usual impenetrability, manufactured pretexts, and accusations of me ignoring them that aren't particularly justified.
Which begs a couple of follow-up questions:
a) Why haven't you made this accusation earlier?
b) Why haven't you made this accusation at all?

Rather than make this accusation prior to now, you voted for Tiruin with no stated grounds and never actually said what you were suspicious of, instead choosing to hint at it in a thinly veiled question to me.  Why did you feel the need to obfuscate your suspicions?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2017, 06:51:12 pm »

Because it didn't really hit me till now, and I'm not certain it's not just bad luck.  And I originally voted Tiruin because they weren't answering my questions.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2017, 07:29:44 pm »

Does teal mean the same thing as green, or is it a fake-vote FOS?

TBF: general question etiquette is to put the addressee's name in front of the question, in bold. Why do you seem to feel it's easier for you to tell Tiruin to repeat questions she's already asked you than to look at her previous posts for questions addressed to you like that, or with your name in voting colours? And since you're saying Tiruin is unfairly accusing you of ignoring her questions, it's worth mentioning that you still haven't answered any of them.

Webadict:
Webadict:
A rolename is a much higher price than I'm asking. I never granted my own, so I do not expect as such from you.

If you wish to pay such a high price, however, there is a much better chance that I can reward something to your delight. But it may be dangerous to know the True Name of a man. Many things can be done to those that know such knowledge.

So, be wary.
Pff. True names are only headology.

My name is Esmerelda Weatherwax. They call me Granny, or the Hag o' Hags, or K'ez'rek d'b'duz, or Aaoograha hoa. I am Good, because I do what is Right. I am not Nice, and I can't be havin' with that sort of thing.

Show me what you got.
Hmm, that's a tricky one... THE Granny Weatherwax! She would want many things and nothing, though she'd never willingly tell me either.
Do I need to ask you for some information specifically, or is there a pre-selected lucky dip I can get my prize from?

flame:
This might be a little bit presumptuous, seeing as I haven't played much, but I suggest we avoid trusting either Webadict or TBF. If they're fighting like this, it's doubtful that the two are both scum, but one or the other might be independent. Do note I'm not leveling an accusation and I think it's too early to try to lynch them, but let's not take what they say as granted.
Is there a player who you do take what they say as granted? If so, why? If not, why mention this for TBF or webadict specifically if you don't seem especially suspicious of them?

Tiruin:
Deus Asmoth: Can I ask a read list from you thus far given possible passive observation from you? Do you think there's
I think there might be something missing here. As regards reads, I was kind of hoping to get the secrets of the universe from webadict, but since that hasn't happened yet I'll have to muddle through.

- webadict: Inclined to think he's town-sided, even if his information broker think is just a reaction test.

- BHK: Last post was 100 posts ago, or three days. Not much to go on, aside from some RVS stuff.

- Cinder: High quantity of posts, but not much material contained within. Has mentioned having some idea of who the think isn't scum, but hasn't done a whole lot yet to decide who they think is, also is worried about getting night killed based off role. Could be a standard new player thing of not wanting to die.

- flame: Worried about sounding accusatory while also asking people not to trust certain players. I've never played Town of Salem, so it could just be a meta-game thing from there, or it could be an overly cautious new scum player. Also of note, flame only loves Cinder, not BHK. Very suspicious, that.

- TBF: Playing to what is apparently his meta. I'm not really sure what to make of him, to be honest, but the apparent OMGUS and still not being bothered to read a single (game) day's worth of posts tips towards scum.

-TDS: Leaning not-scum since I'm inclined to believe that control of the lynch would only be given to a town or third party player considering how abusable it would be in the hands of scum, but I also don't know the details of the game, so who knows. Has spent most of the day discussing his own role and webadict's claim. I imagine he'll be a high priority inspect target, assuming we have any cops.

-4mask: fairly standard town lean based off activity and post content.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2017, 07:34:05 pm »

@Deus Asmoth:And look at Tiruin's posts where that's not what happened.

Because it is.

Teal is fake FoS, yes.

I can't answer them if I don't know what I'm being asked.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2017, 08:02:56 pm »

Deus Asmoth: You didn't actually give a read on Tiruin: is there a particular reason for that?
TheBiggerFish: So you think that the level of inpenetrability in Tiruin's posts is higher than average?  Give specifics, that's a rather vague statement.  What do you think she's trying to hide, in this case?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2017, 08:07:12 pm »

webadict: Slight not-scum (as opposed to necessarily town), his little play at the beginning would have benefited the scum somewhat but benefits the town more by allowing them to look at reactions regardless of Wuby's actual alignment.  I'm not discarding the possiblity that he's a third party rolefishing to find a specific person (or that he's a Cheetar-esque serial killer: no, we're never going to let you live down that game).
You make one game with 7 SKs...

Webadict:
Webadict:
A rolename is a much higher price than I'm asking. I never granted my own, so I do not expect as such from you.

If you wish to pay such a high price, however, there is a much better chance that I can reward something to your delight. But it may be dangerous to know the True Name of a man. Many things can be done to those that know such knowledge.

So, be wary.
Pff. True names are only headology.

My name is Esmerelda Weatherwax. They call me Granny, or the Hag o' Hags, or K'ez'rek d'b'duz, or Aaoograha hoa. I am Good, because I do what is Right. I am not Nice, and I can't be havin' with that sort of thing.

Show me what you got.
Hmm, that's a tricky one... THE Granny Weatherwax! She would want many things and nothing, though she'd never willingly tell me either.
Do I need to ask you for some information specifically, or is there a pre-selected lucky dip I can get my prize from?
Answering this question is going to paint a target on my back, but you gave your role name, so it's a fair trade to answer this: Yes. I have an inventory of items to give away, and these items are based on flavor from your role. I have an action that allows me to determine the exact item to give to a player, but this would limit my ability to do so.

And, I'll go one step further. This is a limited selection of items I have:
A [REDACTED].
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A [REDACTED].
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A [CANADIAN REDACTED, EH].
A megaphone.
A set of [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] on them.
A [REDACTED].
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Redacted items are explicitly dangerous items, that I feel uneasy sharing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2017, 08:31:02 pm »

Huh.  The megaphone sounds relevant.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2017, 08:42:15 pm »

Huh.  The megaphone sounds relevant.
That was the item I felt belonged to you.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57