Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91362 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2017, 12:21:57 am »

This might be a little bit presumptuous, seeing as I haven't played much, but I suggest we avoid trusting either Webadict or TBF. If they're fighting like this, it's doubtful that the two are both scum, but one or the other might be independent. Do note I'm not leveling an accusation and I think it's too early to try to lynch them, but let's not take what they say as granted.
Why aren't you leveling an accusation?
I...What? Because I don't think we have enough evidence to lynch either of you. What, do you want me to say you should be hung?
Speaking as an aside to all this, from what I see, it's the quietness that seems to be affecting folks :O While it's a non-tell [tell = term for one's own idea of this person being town or scum] for me, my opinion here is that it's less people wanting you to act and more on you being proactive.

If you feel passive observation is okay, you can mention that too. ^ ^ These mentions are part of playing; they'll always be followed up, but it's just like casual conversation. You can also explain your idea of 'accusing' others too, if that helps.

But! You've got a vote (or...a suggestion for a vote), and you've to use it (or...not), so ideas on your insight is helpful.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2017, 12:43:00 am »

AAAAALSO you cannot edit your posts, Flame99 :P

...But I can verify that you didn't change anything.

This might be a little bit presumptuous, seeing as I haven't played much, but I suggest we avoid trusting either Webadict or TBF. If they're fighting like this, it's doubtful that the two are both scum, but one or the other might be independent. Do note I'm not leveling an accusation and I think it's too early to try to lynch them, but let's not take what they say as granted.
I...What? Because I don't think we have enough evidence to lynch either of you. What, do you want me to say you should be hung?

EDIT:
webadict:You say flame is scum.  Why?
He puts forward a binary claim and refuses to pick a side himself. It's a pretty scummy thing to do, especially considering I have doubts that he read most of what I had said.
...I'm sorry, *what*. When did I do either of those things. The both of you are acting rather scummy, going at each others throats and speaking in riddles for no clearly discernible reason. On top of that, I explicitly didn't accuse either of you, I simply stated suspicions. Are you...trying[/b to say dumb things here? :P
...You seem to be touchy if called scum, but the reasoning is also following quite a reasonable one.

What do you think about webadict and TBF, and if you've stated it before, could I ask it to be said plainly?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2017, 12:58:37 am »

I think there's a solid chance one or both is independent and we should keep an eye on them. And yes, I am sensitive to being called a scum; why would I not be?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2017, 01:07:23 am »

Well I'd be strapping on my IC gloves here as it seems like this is one of your first games (I recall you had one here before, but it was marred by disliked companionship).
[Disclaimer: Tiruin can be scum or town regardless--her playstyle often is okay with helping newbies though!]

In Mafia games--just like in life--people have impressions regardless of who you are. What matters is you being yourself; if you're town, other people can think you're scum based on how they interpret your reaction, and vice versa applies if you're scum that can be thought of as town (scum is a general term for 'non-town / malevolent wincon towards the town', but is also a general slang term for 'third-party' which is Non-Mafia-aligned). All of this is communicated by post however, and is valued for everyone playing regardless of alignment.

Personally, I recall my early games--I panicked a lot, and was very sensitive (even if Town); I got lynched D1 once...and was all 'cold sweat' and otherwise even if it was just a game x3. So I took it in a way I have now--it was a learning experience, and even 'if it was just a game', it was a good way to learn from other people.

People can see you as scum even if you're innocent because they may have interpretations to follow; the same is if you're scum though! That is OKAY and normal.
What one can do is to respond to them, as usually people aren't forcing themselves onto you anyway [from my memory of Town of Salem, that I couldn't even play thanks to hilariously bad internet, people are quick and reactionary...given a textbox and all, so that's one of my personal notes on you here]
This is the Day Game. Regardless of how it ends, who you are now and how you act is important--if ever you find yourself not enjoying the game, in the end of it all treat it as a learning lesson constructively :)

Besides--Mafia in general know their team. One should not panic (or at least make it public that they're all panicky) that way. It is okay to be called as scum as it's a normative reaction in these games; it's how people try to connect point B [their wincondition] and point A [the start of it all--Day 1 or stuff], like for example how we've got the RVS Stage on Bay12.
[/BM IC words]

[Player Tiruin now speaking]
...Although considering all this, the mechanical interruption of TDS being a King as said by the GM changed how we all acted :V
[/Player]

FoU: Can you be influenced by player's actions to say lies or stuff against game mechanics?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:46 am »

Teal is fake FoS, yes.

Note: I will take FoS into account when I decide the lynch, although fake-votes still take priority (so FoSs and people' suspicions will break ties/near-ties).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2017, 01:23:55 am »

@Tiruin:Actually, that teal was an FoS.
>_>
<.<
So you added blue to Lime Green.

I like you.
Aww, thanks.

More when I wake up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2017, 01:35:08 am »

And, I'll go one step further. This is a limited selection of items I have:
A [REDACTED].
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A [REDACTED].
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A [CANADIAN REDACTED, EH].
A megaphone.
A set of [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] on them.
A [REDACTED].
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Is one of the redacted items a sword? If so, that would seem to go with my role/flavortext.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2017, 04:32:15 am »

EDIT:
webadict:You say flame is scum.  Why?
He puts forward a binary claim and refuses to pick a side himself. It's a pretty scummy thing to do, especially considering I have doubts that he read most of what I had said.
...I'm sorry, *what*. When did I do either of those things. The both of you are acting rather scummy, going at each others throats and speaking in riddles for no clearly discernible reason. On top of that, I explicitly didn't accuse either of you, I simply stated suspicions. Are you...trying[/b to say dumb things here? :P
In general, this type of play is considered "passive." It allows you to level an accusation without actually doing so, moving the burden of a mislynch off of you and onto anyone else that takes up the cause.

By equating our two playstyles as equal and opposing, you make us a binary choice: Pick webadict or pick TBF. It's very possible neither of us are scum.

On top of that, your expectation of evidence is more of a subtle tell than anything else. It is another passive play indicator, being afraid to be wrong and draw attention to yourself.

So, yes, I would want you to say one of us is more suspicious than the other. I wouldn't mind as much if you had said I was more suspicious or if he was, but now that I've said this, you have two choices: continue to do as you did, or do what I just told you. Unfortunately for you, one of these is more scummy than the other, and I won't tell you which is which, because, in the end, it doesn't really matter, because being scum is also scummy.

And, I'll go one step further. This is a limited selection of items I have:
A [REDACTED].
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A [REDACTED].
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A [CANADIAN REDACTED, EH].
A megaphone.
A set of [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] on them.
A [REDACTED].
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Is one of the redacted items a sword? If so, that would seem to go with my role/flavortext.
Nope, none of my items are swords.

@Tiruin: You guess correctly. I am indeed a Merchant. More specifically, I am a Level 1 Merchant. If I trade away enough items, I will eventually gain Level 2, a feat unheard of by most NPCs. I am unsure if I can make it to Level 3 or higher, nor if I can multiclass, but I would like to see what benefits this has. Alas, with 1 HP, I am very weak,  but none of that matters because this whole roleclaim is a lie. Or maybe it's the truth. Who knows? Certainly not you.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2017, 07:20:51 am »

Or maybe, just maybe, I sincerely don't think we know enough to make a choice. Seeing as we know very little about both of your roles since the two of you continually dodge or "don't see" questions, or else answer them in riddles for whatever reason, that seems rather reasonable. You also are getting very aggressive and frankly are adopting McCarthyism now, you've made a foregone conclusion I'm scum. Webadict

And no, I'm not saying tbf is clear of suspicion either, I'm saying Webadict is awfully keen on lynching me with very little reason.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2017, 07:32:33 am »

I'm somewhat suspicious of flame99 and TBF, not because of any scumtell but because they seem the least likely to be town. It also seems that either webadict or TBF is lying given that I can't see any items that would match TBF's role. On the other hand, I don't see any item that matches mine, either.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2017, 07:37:52 am »

Er, sorry, Webadict.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2017, 07:52:55 am »

I also just remembered that I don't know what to make of BlackHeartKabal, either.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2017, 08:05:50 am »

Or maybe, just maybe, I sincerely don't think we know enough to make a choice. Seeing as we know very little about both of your roles since the two of you continually dodge or "don't see" questions, or else answer them in riddles for whatever reason, that seems rather reasonable. You also are getting very aggressive and frankly are adopting McCarthyism now, you've made a foregone conclusion I'm scum. Webadict

And no, I'm not saying tbf is clear of suspicion either, I'm saying Webadict is awfully keen on lynching me with very little reason.
Well, considering I play about 90% from a phone, you'll have to excuse me missing questions. This is also why I am harder on TBF, since I am in the same situation. But, yeah, you got me. Can't argue against that. If I wanted to not answer your question, I would probably tell you to your face, because that's easier.

But, I see you've decided to follow my advice. But, that begs the question: If you honestly don't believe there isn't enough evidence, then why are you voting for me? What IS sufficient evidence? How do you plan to obtain it?

I mean, now you are equating us again, but in a more similar vein. That's good, since it would be wise to do so. And you're right I'm aggressive. I never saw a passive Town win a game. I did see a game where the scum all murdered each other, but then the SK won, so that has nothing to do with this point but occasionally I ramble to see if anyone's really paying attention.

So let's recap: I have little reasoning, in spite of what I posted just a few hours ago, which is my main concern with why I think you're scum? I even play enough ToS to understand a little of their metagame, and I'm still lacking reason? I just dunno, man.

Oh, and @Cinder, if you are magically inclined, it is likely you don't see the items, since magic, explosives, and Canadian trinkets were redacted purposefully.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2017, 08:30:16 am »

Your reasoning mostly consists of "you're scum because you're scum and because you didn't want to lynch me." which, again, paints you as awfully desperate to lynch me with no adequate reasoning. If you were suspicious, that'd be one thing, but now you're trying to get me lynched. To answer all of your questions in one fell swoop, that's what I consider enough evidence.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2017, 08:42:17 am »

Your reasoning mostly consists of "you're scum because you're scum and because you didn't want to lynch me." which, again, paints you as awfully desperate to lynch me with no adequate reasoning. If you were suspicious, that'd be one thing, but now you're trying to get me lynched. To answer all of your questions in one fell swoop, that's what I consider enough evidence.
... Uh huh...

Tiruin, is he for real, or is this one of those weird tests?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57