Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91632 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: And now a lynch candidate is chosen!
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2017, 02:09:55 pm »

So its safe to vote...?
....Well, yeah, but I'm not even a jester.  Seriously, where did you get the idea that I was a jester?
Because you were acting like one.
How the heck was I acting like a jester?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2017, 02:45:57 pm »

Ugh, so it is exactly what I thought it was.

BHK: Jesters are incredibly rare in this forum for a couple reasons.  Firstly, they are a role that, at their most basic level of play, serve to make the game miserable for everyone else.  I'm actually going to borrow a rough quote from one of the other players here about them: "Yeah, sure, you can play them in a not-annoying way, trying to convince people you need to be lynched by other means, but why bother when the annoying method is so much easier and just as effective?"  I have never included a jester in a single game I have run or planned because they are an incredibly toxic role.  While this game could have a jester (hah, I italicized correctly this time), it is both statistically unlikely and not something that should really be worried about.

Now that we've dealt with the whole culture-shock thing...

Also:

Tiruin, 4mask, webadict: You three suggestion-voted TBF. Do you still want to see him lynched? If not, who should be lynched instead?
I think it's worth letting him down from the block and entering into another round of suggestion voting, especially given that no pressure was place on him since he pretty quickly got multiple "No" votes so we're not going to learn anything interesting from having him under pressure in that way.  So, I'm going to vote No so we can move on with the day.  As for who I want to see lynched other than him... well, not Deus Asmoth.  Otherwise the jury is still out on that matter.  If I had to pick someone I'd say flame99 on a hunch, but I don't have anything strong to go off of (it's D1 after all, and BHK's culture shock is a decent explanation for a lot of his strange actions).

Eh, might as well post the whole list:

A runic explosive.
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A Deck of Many Things.
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A bottle of maple syrup.
A megaphone.
A set of obsidian tiles with letters on them.
A bone wand.
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.
The deck of many things may be mine, since I don't see anything else there that would fit, but I'm honestly not quite sure myself.
webadict: Care to give some reads?

BHK: If I had a 2/9 chance of coming back as scum, would you still want to kill me?
What on earth is this about?

TheBiggerFish: if/when you are no longer up for lynch, who do you plan to suggest we lynch and why?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2017, 04:01:28 pm »

So its safe to vote...?
....Well, yeah, but I'm not even a jester.  Seriously, where did you get the idea that I was a jester?
Because you were acting like one.
How the heck was I acting like a jester?
With no offense intended, you were being anmoying in a jestery way.
snip
Understood. And 100% agrerable too.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2017, 04:08:10 pm »

I'm going to vote no because I don't see a good case to lynch TBF over.

FoU: How close does that bring us to a "no" hammer?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2017, 04:15:28 pm »

Actually, 4maskwolf was the hammerer.

Votecount:

Lynch TheBiggerFish(0): []
Don't Lynch TheBiggerFish(6): [webadict, BlackHeartKabal, TheBiggerFish, Deus Asmoth, 4maskwolf, TheDarkStar]

"Bah. Okay then. Back to you, Mr. Star. Please choose somebody that will actually be lynched this time."

... Choice phase returned to. Deadline: Sometime after TheDarkStar votes. Again.

Votecount:

TheDarkStar(0): []
TheBiggerFish(0): []
Tiruin(0): []
webadict(0): []
Deus Asmoth(0): []
Cinder(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
flame99(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []

Not Voting: TheDarkStar
~~~
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2017, 07:25:33 pm »

Ugh, so it is exactly what I thought it was.

BHK: Jesters are incredibly rare in this forum for a couple reasons.  Firstly, they are a role that, at their most basic level of play, serve to make the game miserable for everyone else.  I'm actually going to borrow a rough quote from one of the other players here about them: "Yeah, sure, you can play them in a not-annoying way, trying to convince people you need to be lynched by other means, but why bother when the annoying method is so much easier and just as effective?"  I have never included a jester in a single game I have run or planned because they are an incredibly toxic role.  While this game could have a jester (hah, I italicized correctly this time), it is both statistically unlikely and not something that should really be worried about.

Now that we've dealt with the whole culture-shock thing...

Also:

Tiruin, 4mask, webadict: You three suggestion-voted TBF. Do you still want to see him lynched? If not, who should be lynched instead?
I think it's worth letting him down from the block and entering into another round of suggestion voting, especially given that no pressure was place on him since he pretty quickly got multiple "No" votes so we're not going to learn anything interesting from having him under pressure in that way.  So, I'm going to vote No so we can move on with the day.  As for who I want to see lynched other than him... well, not Deus Asmoth.  Otherwise the jury is still out on that matter.  If I had to pick someone I'd say flame99 on a hunch, but I don't have anything strong to go off of (it's D1 after all, and BHK's culture shock is a decent explanation for a lot of his strange actions).

Eh, might as well post the whole list:

A runic explosive.
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A Deck of Many Things.
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A bottle of maple syrup.
A megaphone.
A set of obsidian tiles with letters on them.
A bone wand.
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.
The deck of many things may be mine, since I don't see anything else there that would fit, but I'm honestly not quite sure myself.
webadict: Care to give some reads?

BHK: If I had a 2/9 chance of coming back as scum, would you still want to kill me?
What on earth is this about?

TheBiggerFish: if/when you are no longer up for lynch, who do you plan to suggest we lynch and why?
Reads? I dunno man. My reads are pretty useless at this point, but if you want, I'll say that I think TBF might be Town. And probably Cinder. Tiruin as well. After that, I'm out. I'd say that BHK is mafia, but that's mostly because of how he acted, which is a bad way to judge. I think flame is mafia. Everyone else, I don't really care one way or the other.

Essentially, I'm trying to figure out more about who gets what item, mostly because I get free semi-inspections by doing so. That is the trade-off for me giving away items.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:40 pm »

Actually, 4maskwolf was the hammerer.

...This is a very diplomatic hammer :3
Now if only people did that mechanic in other hammer games :P (It actually sounds reasonable if one would think about it in THIS game as it's role-based instead of game-voting based)

However I do feel that, if TDS doesn't have any better reads, we proceed to No Lynch [I'm happy with a lynch however too though] as I feel like we'll be reaching a saturation point of browsing-through-people and just overall reads with squabbles--a 2 man team won't go down agreeing, and at this point we've no 'hard' tells otherwise gained by our role abilities and such alongside a comparison if we're the "Vanilla BM" of 7 Town/2 Mafia and NO power roles wherein we have to lynch...because we've got a "King" and other reasons. :P

...Actually it is much like the latter sentence but it seems either caution or otherwise has taken place. I'm on the 'I'd just really want to see TBF's ideas on webadict given all his time today" but he hasn't posted lately--I'm okay with his lynch but am :-\ on the Yes/No after thinking it all over (because while I do lean a bit of okay on him, "I can't be sure" is the usual clause given that I have no idea how to read alignment [oooo she roleclaimed tips!])[/cough]

TDS: I want to hear a full overall read from you this game :3
Since you've the end-vote, you've responsibilities, and while I have notes on you--this doesn't preclude you as being scum of note to new players. [Kingmaker games, which I feel like is the nearest similarity to the voting mechanic we've got here {sans the "Yes/No" bit given its customization AND TRANSPARENCY TO FoU :I}, depends on generally presenting one's ideas in public, and implicitly 'swaying' the King based on your wincon--just like a normal Mafia game, but there's this one dude who hammers instead of y'all doing it; in a BYOR that means anything can happen within reason, so there can be 'lynch shooters' who can kill upon lynch or people being immune to lynch or even those that can implicitly day-action-lynch-deny which I recall is termed a "Politician" in the vanilla context? Anyway, the Kingmaker mechanics do have the note that scum can be the "King", which means just as much as you can try to infer for learning and visualization/Mafia-game critical thinking purposes :3]

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2017, 08:13:01 pm »

TBF:
Uh...Most third parties don't want to die, which makes them town-aligned because the scum will kill them.
Can you explain the reasoning behind this?

BHK: Do you still think webadict is scum?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2017, 09:09:42 pm »

I want someone to investigate him, at least. I suppose that's webadicts play, so I can't judge his alignment off of that.

Who are your top suspects?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:38 pm »

I want someone to investigate him, at least. I suppose that's webadicts play, so I can't judge his alignment off of that.

Go ahead. I'm gonna die tonight anyway. My role is wicked strong.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2017, 10:31:16 pm »

Now I think he's scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:26 pm »

Now I think he's scum.
Good. The more people think I'm scum, the less likely I am to die, meaning that I can give away more goods, meaning that I can inspect more people.

Or, I die, and it was a setup the whole time. Because I'm probably lying about something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: Back to choice phase. Blargh.
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2017, 10:55:22 pm »

* Tiruin narrows her eyelids
(Ok I'm unsure if you count red text but seriously :v this is the /me tag)

While I'd enjoy explaining things to newbies, I'm noting these down. Silently. But posting to nudge newbies and others that people do this :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »

While I'd enjoy explaining things to newbies, I'm noting these down. Silently. But posting to nudge newbies and others that people do this :P
Are you scum?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2017, 07:18:12 pm »

Wut.

What does this even mean?

Good. The more people think I'm scum, the less likely I am to die, meaning that I can give away more goods, meaning that I can inspect more people.

Or, I die, and it was a setup the whole time. Because I'm probably lying about something.
Classic webadict.

And no, you're not going to get any better post out of me until at least tomorrow, I have to leave for work in two minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57