Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 132253 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 01:05:54 am »

((LOOK AT ALL THESE RPG MECHANICS. I HAVE BEEN ONE-UPPED.))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 01:12:09 am »

((Great to have you! And don't take it personally; I have the slight advantage of having been working on this for a few years.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 01:25:52 am »

I say step outside and ask -him- for work. Haha, so simple it might work.

But yes, wow. A few years of pixel art-ing, too?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:20 am »

>To loot this place or not to loot this place, that is the question.
Here's a compromise, half-loot it. Starting with those jars and whatnot upstairs.
For shame. We are a good and honorable Flind. I think. Anyway, I say we should go outside and have a look around town.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 01:42:06 am »

We are a good and honorable Flind.
Close enough. Anyways,
have a look around town.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 02:02:18 am »

A few years of pixel art-ing, too?

Naw, I'm doing the spriting and such between updates, hence the delay. The worldbuilding for this project actually started... what, 5 years ago now? My friend is a top notch gamemaster (apparently there are people who do it professionally), and neither of us really cared for Forgotten-Realms-style D&D. To celebrate the up-and-coming 4th Edition, we collaborated on building a new setting that was a bit different than the usual sword and sorcery deal. Then 4th Edition turned out to tabletop WoW, and supported everything that wasn't killstabsploding monsters about as well as a wet sheet of tissue paper. That, and our 4th Ed. group kinda sucked, and just used game as an excuse to get really, really drunk. I think it killed our DM's desire to work in the setting at all, so he took some of the ideas to inspire a story he began writing, and bequeathed the rest to me.

I've been fleshing out and revising the setting on and off since then, but never had a chance to run a game with a group. So you guys are now that group. Congratulations!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 05:07:19 am »

((Yay, saw your forum post awhile ago (One on about the RPG info) and i hope for the best and now this is here :) ))
Best if we ask the fisherman if he need any help, and if not then we should search the local area

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 05:41:06 am »

((Yay, saw your forum post awhile ago (One on about the RPG info) and i hope for the best and now this is here :) ))
Best if we ask the fisherman if he need any help, and if not then we should search the local area
+1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 07:16:59 am »

Here's a compromise, half-loot it. Starting with those jars and whatnot upstairs.

Best not to loot, that WOULD make us bad houseguests.

+1

This would be a better choise tough.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 07:31:01 am »

Best not to loot, that WOULD make us bad houseguests.

+1
This would be a better choice tough.
+1 and spelling fixed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 07:51:05 am »

Watching...
This is a blank sig.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 08:01:13 pm »

This looks rather interesting.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 12:45:08 pm »

Gonna pay attention to this for a bit before I post an action. Very interesting. (Even though it's not Final Fantasy Tactics. :P)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:21 pm »

I'm watching the RPG system thread, and so I will watch this one as well :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:28 am »

««« 05 »»»

After a few minutes of deliberation, you decide it wouldn't hurt to start the search for work right here with Brune. You follow him into the brightness outside, and take a moment to take in your surroundings.

You find yourself on a small rocky peninsula surrounded by sea. The sky is mostly clear, with only a few strips of clouds visible. The air is warm and damp with briny mist. Across the bay to the east, you spy a tumble of dry rocky hills and cliffs, with sparse patches of vegetation here and there. A few columns of smoke rise from beyond the hills, telling you that Dossent must continue inland. In the far distance, you see the hills rise into a low ridge of mountains.

Brune the fisher is here, sitting at a small wooden pier. He turns to you as you approach.

Before you ask, you don't owe me anything.

That's fine. I just wanted to see if there was anything I could help you with, before I head into town.

Well, I don't have gear enough for a second fisher, if that's what you were thinking. I don't have much to pay you with either, but I'll tell you what. If you really want to do me a favor, and don't mind getting wet, I lost a lure of mine here in the bay a few months back. I generally don't put much faith in luck, but I swear the fish haven't been biting the same since. It should've been out behind the house, in the shallows on this side of the bay, but neither my son or I could find it. It probably got snagged on the rocks, but for all I know the tide could've swept it anywhere by now. If you want to give it a try, I'd be grateful just for the effort.

If you aren't interested, or don't fancy yourself a strong swimmer, you can head south past the lighthouse, and up the stairs on your left to reach the Trades District. It's as good a place as any to look for work. The Wharf or the Market District might be worth a look as well. Oh, and make sure you don't go too far south along the Shorefront, or you'll hit the slums. That could be a bad idea for an outsider like you.

What would you like to do?
>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:54:33 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55