Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Megabeasts Vulnerable  (Read 1236 times)

Galactor123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Making Megabeasts Vulnerable
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:00:09 pm »

Hey, just figured I'd ask this as its a minor gripe that I've had with the game since the introduction of invulnerable megabeasts in DF2010. I've had a lot of megabeasts in my forts that show up, and almost immediately fall apart or get torn to shreds by recruits due to being made out of steam or some other insubstantial and easy to kill material.

So my thought was, why not make it so that all of those die in world gen like the old days? I want to see really evil megabeasts, ones that survive the harshness of the worldgen, so when they come at me I know there is a history to them and I know that they are tough. So, my question is, is there anyway to turn off the invincibility of megabeasts in world gen? Or at least tone it down?

Not a huge issue if not, but figured I'd ask.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Making Megabeasts Vulnerable
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:01:41 pm »

A new world I just generated with 0.31.19 had a hydra die in year 2. I think your requests were answered already!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.