Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 125885 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #525 on: October 19, 2016, 11:53:56 pm »

((CW004 needs a CP "Let's call it a draw".))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Between a rock and a hard place. Maybe...
Fish. zii. 006. 004. 007. I won't forget those designations."

OcE004 Keeps running, this time toward the battle, where the platoon can see him. As he runs, he overloads a power pack.
Facing towards the front line, from behind enemy lines, OcE004 brings the overloading battery up to his forehead; a salute.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 20, 2016, 12:11:50 am »

Hold their attention, and generally be a nuisance. Focus on any that are now out of cover.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2016, 03:44:20 am »

Shoot gun at the 1/3 injured worm

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:57 am »

Spoiler: AIG001 (click to show/hide)

Fire in the general direction of the enemy, screaming at nearby troopers to do as I do, while letting any medics fix me.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2016, 06:15:57 am »

Give Yo006 cover fire.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2016, 06:18:54 am »

Bail out, then run for the command bunker after the jeeps crash into it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 20, 2016, 02:56:55 pm »

Ask the sergeant for a net. If I get one, weight it with my pack and throw it over the bugs. If not, pew pew the support bugs with my laz rifle.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 20, 2016, 03:29:54 pm »

Shape my gum to look like a cigar and chomp on it. Then shoot any enemy between me and the command post.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 21, 2016, 05:36:49 pm »

((Newbie here. Going to jump right into combat as a member of Platoon 6!))

Spoiler: CAH001 (click to show/hide)

Arrive at the open quad in a combat jeep, as the Gunner. Provide covering fire against the guards at the Western artillery unit, as my driver drives parallel to it, with our shotgunner watching out for explosives.

((Feel free to give me advice on what to do!))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 22, 2016, 02:52:12 am »

((don't die))
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 22, 2016, 01:17:13 pm »

((^))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »

Battle 2: Round 10 part A

Clarification:
This has been asked a few times. You do not lose your rank and new classes when your higher tier character dies. You can play a new character of same rank, from your pool of already opened classes. Anyone who is on unit#006 or higher can be a corporal, and have two privates to work with. You can select from fellow players, or receive npcs if there are not enough players to go around.

Platoon 6

((CW004 needs a CP "Let's call it a draw".))

"Between a rock and a hard place. Maybe...
Fish. zii. 006. 004. 007. I won't forget those designations."

OcE004 Keeps running, this time toward the battle, where the platoon can see him. As he runs, he overloads a power pack.
Facing towards the front line, from behind enemy lines, OcE004 brings the overloading battery up to his forehead; a salute.

((I think I mentioned in the OP that if someone was in this condition and managed to do harm to literally anyone but themselves, they'd get that CP. On the other hand, the Black Knight never did do any harm to his enemy, so, I think I will go ahead and award it. That, or the CP "One." Nd if you get that reference, I'll give you a reward.))

(4) You run out, and are seen by some of those who were pursuing you. A couple hasty shots are fired your way, and a shout rings out, lost in the noise of battle. You run toward the quad, around one building, and alongside another. You step out into the open just as your battery's warning hum goes high pitched. You salute in the old fashioned Grunt manner - suicidally. The explosion blows out all the windows in the compound, the eardrums of all of The Other GuysTM who are in or near the quad, and your brains.

Hmm, it's not quite the same as Fish's act, so A different CP is in order. "Death's Door?" "From Matilda?" From Matilda. Also, what class should I unlock for you? Aaaaaahhhhhhh, I know. Pyro.

Hold their attention, and generally be a nuisance. Focus on any that are now out of cover.

(6) Well, it's hard to keep there attention, what with all the explosions and jeeps and madness. People keep looking elsewhere. "Hey, shitdog pissheadfrog lickers! Pay attention to me!" You shout as you shot yet another enemy in the head, stomping sourly out into the quad. You gain the CP "in the shadow of the giants."

Shape my gum to look like a cigar and chomp on it. Then shoot any enemy between me and the command post.
(5) aww. I was hoping for a 1 here. Ah well, You join Zr006 in his grouchy march to the Command Center, shooting the wounded, killing the deaf, and in general causing a bloodbath, tiny little cigar shaped wad of artificial gum flavored chewing resin substitute dangling from your lip.

Team Wall Climbers

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Stop moving and start spraying.
I'm going to give you style points for that reference. Well done.
(2) you break a bunch of shit, like office furniture and file cabinets and sandbags and a radio, but otherwise are outclassed by pretty much everyone this round. At least the Other Guy'sTM logistical network is now in shambles.

Give Yo006 cover fire.
(2) there is none behind him to shoot, and in front of him is a dangerous place to be, so yo ujust finish your cigar and stub it out on your rifle. Gonna keep the butt?

squad Jeep Fish

Fish008 drives the jeep into the metal door of the command bunker, jumping out at the last minute. Hat007 is drafted into his squad. No orders given to him this round, as the best course of action for him is fairly obvious (hopefully).
(2) a tire blows out before you get to the door, and the jeep veers hard into the wall. (2) you fail to jump out in time (1) and your broken ribs are shoved into your internal organs, killing you.

Bail out, then run for the command bunker after the jeeps crash into it.
(5) you tuck and roll, but the jeep fails to make it to the doors. nevertheless, you run forward, leap climb up the Jeep, and haul ass through a second story window. there are a few guys in here, on the floor, holding their ears in pain from that very recent explosion.

squad Jeep too
New people will arrive in a combat jeep with an assault gun mounted on top. Pick a driver, a gunner and a "shotgunner."
Unit Number: ynk005 (platoon 6)
Inv: gun, pocket lint, gum, flask of scotch, nail file
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest" "ten yard stare" "Don't get in my way?"
Class: Driver

Drive the friggin' jeep right at the door of the friggin' command bunker! Whilst sitting back, filing my nails and using my feet to drive.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

(I believe it was an enemy grenade. I'd have mentioned a friendly fire thing, I think.)
(6) Okay, how am I going to interpret this? You drive the jeep like the most sterreotyped self absorbed, annoying valley Girl ever. just as you approach the door, you jerk forward and up, bracing for impact. the jeep smashes into the door, crumpling both it and the door, and you get flung through into the main hall, down which you roll like a comical ball of derpy death, standing at the end of your roll and whipping it out in all it's manly glory, ready to spray the Other GuyTM down like the naughty boys they are. the room spins, and you are dizzy as fuck right now. So get a status of Dizzy. I'll tell you when it clears, if I remember. Also, take a serious wound from that totally badass stunt.

((Newbie here. Going to jump right into combat as a member of Platoon 6!))

Spoiler: CAH001 (click to show/hide)

Arrive at the open quad in a combat jeep, as the Gunner. Provide covering fire against the guards at the Western artillery unit, as my driver drives parallel to it, with our shotgunner watching out for explosives.

((Feel free to give me advice on what to do!))
Sergeant Oz007 bitchslaps you for thinking you can order your shotgunner to do anything. it stings. you cry a little. how'd he even get up into the jeep, anyway?
(4) you fire into the artillery zone, killing some of the Other GuysTM stationed there, and delaying their next launch. You don't hit the unit itself though, unfortunately.
(5) fortunately, you look forward in time to see the Command Post's Doors coming up at speed, and bail out before you get too close. the roll is pretty rough, and you take a serious wound from it, but hey, better than crashing head on into those metal doors, right? look below for death rolls, and further instructions

((don't die))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SywNf5J81U

Platoon 6 death rolls
Mourn the passing of Oce004, who detonated his laser's battery pack on his forehead from behind enemy lines. How he got back there is a story for another day.
Likewise, Fish008 Follows his line's tradition of putting himself in harms way for the benefit of all, though sadly, less usefully this time.
Someone finally notices Zr006 and maims him, shooting from one of the artillery positions, lopping off one of his limbs.
Tigr004 dies to the same attack fro the artillery position
It takes a little more to kill a heavy gunner, but an artillery strike, awkwardly launched into their own compound finishes of Yo006 and gives ziioo6 a serious wound

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6: You have two artillery units to destroy (3 grenade hits will do), and a Command Bunker to secure. Artillery are enclosed in barbed wire cages, and the command bunker has an open quad (a flat, clear area) in front of it, and a heavy door to bust through. Well, I mean, there is a jeep in the way, but the doors are mangled and pushed inward. you can get through, though one at a time.There are two jeeps already in the compound with their top guns sitting there unused, too. The Quad is cleared by a combination of madness, suicide, and insanity. Well done, Grunts!

Newbies Enter on a jeep, as before. Driver, Gunner, and shotgun. This round took quite a while to write.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 22, 2016, 09:47:02 pm »

Battle 2: Round 10 part B

Platoon 8

YOU WORM! IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO KILL A JAG!
Keep firing, aim for the heart.
(5) Like CW, you can take the letter 'K' as an additional part of your designation. Anyway, this worm is now 2/3 dead. You don't even hit yourself this time.

Nope, my first one is still alive.
In the first mission, I tried to dig out Jag004, tried to run away, got my leg shot off, but still lived.
In this one, I panicked in the jeep thingy, got bitch slapped, killed a worm, and now you're caught up.

Also, might I say that ChiefWaffles's section was hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

Shoot more bugs. Shoot worms if they come within range.
CW's section was a delight to write, too.
(2) you spend some time dodging, and fail to get a good bead on any of the bugs.

Remove flyswatter from backpack and attack the bugs!
((you have two serious wounds right now, one treated and one not, until after kh's turn. Always post those statuses I give at the end of a round.))
(3) you pull out a collapsible, electrified fork. it has three settings. You set it to maximum, and the prongs extend out in arcs two feet wide, while the handle extends to two feet. electricity arcs between the prongs and hums ominously, You swat down one bug with it this round. it sizzles and screams piteously as it dies. Well, maybe that's just the superheated air escaping it's spiracles, but it's a satisfying sound anyway. Check below for status. Oh, you gain the CP "what exactly is in these packs anyway?"

Go patch up Bo003 pistol whipping any bug's that get in my way
You pathc him up. He gains the status: treated for his second serious wound. You bind his maimed arm a little too tight to his body, restricting his movement a bit. he gains the status: restricted swing. a real shame, considering the weapon he pulled out just now. (2) you kill no bugs.

Okay. Not great. Really not great.
Think about how awful that plan was, decide new plan is better. Make the very-well-known support bug mating call using just my mouth. Make grenade from my backpack using my mouth in a very careful fashion. Once bugs come to do some matin'/some eatin', detonate the grenade.
May as well give you the CP "We'll call it a draw." That, or the CP "One." Your choice, really.
grenades are kept attached to a belt on your torso, not in your pack. not a great deal better, considering your situation, but we'll see.
(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRK03q76GKU You do that. Nothing comes for you. I'm dying here, positively dying. You aren't. You can't even. Death is too busy laughing his ass off to take you.

Shoot gun at the 1/3 injured worm
(2) you clip the edge of it's hide. A tiny little flame appears, where the laser burned it, but it does no serious damage.

Spoiler: AIG001 (click to show/hide)

Fire in the general direction of the enemy, screaming at nearby troopers to do as I do, while letting any medics fix me.
You are maimed. the medics can't fix that. You need to be either carted off the field of battle, or wait until the end of battle to be operated on. But your sunburn has been treated, you can mark that.
(3) no seizure. (3) you kill one support bug. (3) and hack out a weak and somewhat confusing "shoot the -cough- shit." Well, they are already firing that way anyway so whatever.

Ask the sergeant for a net. If I get one, weight it with my pack and throw it over the bugs. If not, pew pew the support bugs with my laz rifle.
(6) you get a net. it's electrified. Also, it's a throwing net, so it's already weighted. You save your backpack. Yay! (1) aaaaaaaand you manage to wrap it around yourself in an impressive display of comical ineptitude. "Save me, CW004!" You scream as you topple over. You hear a gravely, wheezing laugh echoing through the Aetther.

Platoon 8 death rolls

Oh god ... no, you guys, just no. Even Jag doesn't die this round. Holy shit, yo.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 2 worms to kill (1 at 2/3 dead), and 50 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh? Newbies just jump on in! Jag005 has one turn to live. if hte worm dies this round, he can be pulled out and saved. otherwise he'll die.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 22, 2016, 09:55:09 pm »

Kill bugs. Giggle at CW's situation.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 22, 2016, 10:32:59 pm »

Take the driver seat and go up right to the gate.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70