Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64222 times)

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2020, 06:11:20 pm »

Year 128:
In the Ensueing chaos, strife, and madness the Godslaying had started, Dorath seized upon the opportunity to push for what he thinks is a solution. He invites all non-chaotic or demonic gods to a grand meeting, to talk among themselves about all affairs, mortal or divine. A great Hall in the Heavens shall host them, and order shall be established.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2020, 06:17:19 pm »

Year 129

Eventually the blood of Valkyra mixed with Vahocci's tainted demon Ki rains down on the world for a single day due to her personal heaven realm having no Godly presence to maintain it, thus its deterioration even years after the fact of her demise. The rain only happened in the area where humans are more local. The rain was simply a nuisance for some, but some travelers or hunters who drunk the rain through funneling because of lack of clean water in the wilderness.. changed.. Those unfortunate few became the first Vampires of the world, the potent Godly blood of Valkyra mixed with Vahocci's demon Ki permanently warping them. These Vampires shared many things- undead, retroactively immortal, and not being able to withstand the sun. Differing from these commonalities though was that certain Vampires in different regions developed unique Ki techniques.

Vampires from Zalalastan figured out a way to use their Ki to turn invisible.

Vampires from Streamland could manipulate hot air or use their Ki to make hot gaseous air spontaneously

Vampires from Karhan could shoot concentrated Ki beams out their eyes

and so forth for the rest of the nascent growing but unique Vampire clans around the world.

For now Vampirism is localized within human societies. The affliction has not jumped to other species yet.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:19:52 pm by Lidku »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2020, 07:26:27 pm »

Year 130
Perhaps the first human writing that can be called a piece of literature is made and copied. Written by an unknown merchant, it documents the land from the forests of Arghila to the mountains of the Foxfolk to the grasslands and occasionally desert of the inner part of the continent to the wetlands and rivers of Streamland. It is translated into every human written language and is read by a few merchants/traders and Proto-bureaucrats, which is to say 80% of the literate population at the time.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2020, 07:47:50 pm »

Year 133: Hrvalda, enraged at the death of Valkyra, swears to banish all demonic influences from this world. She starts by strengthening her worshipers, uniting both the Løkhunds and the Brüdines under their own Bloodjarls, and releasing her grip on the wilds she so cherishes surrounding the northern nations, allowing them to expand faster.

Though writing has far from penetrated the Northern Lands, the incredibly rare Brüdines and Løkhunds that do know how to write, have started to write their names as "Brudine" and "Lokhund", on account of there being no equivalent to the ü and ø sounds in the human writing systems they use.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:50:30 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2020, 07:57:21 pm »

@Lord_lemonpie
Ludku’s recent post seems to include various possible combat encounters that haven’t been rolled for, adventurers also seeking Vahooci’s being assumed to be killed by Namek, or do individual conflicts not get rolled?
I just thought you should know

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2020, 07:59:36 pm »

Though writing has far from penetrated the Northern Lands, the incredibly rare Brüdines and Løkhunds that do know how to write, have started to write their names as "Brudine" and "Lokhund", on account of there being no equivalent to the ü and ø sounds in the human writing systems they use.
(OOC: assuming that ü represents the same sound it does IRL, the closest equivalent would be "Bridine" or "Brythine". If not, then just ignore this)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2020, 08:05:09 pm »

Year 134

With the Jakuvia duchy gone the Hrilithian Celestial Empire and other Slugmen duchies slowly have their own demonic influences whithered away. Despite Vahocci's tyranny and descent to evil, he becomes a posthumous Saint-Hero for the HCE and the Slugmen duchies for ascending enough to the point where he could kill a god.

Word of this development touches the ears of the Khans of the Sandstone Qhanganate. The Qhanganate is outraged as it feels that veneration of such a foul entity embarrasses all Slugmenkind and puts a bad reputation for the species in general.

This deepens the rift between the desert faring Slugmen and the Slugmen duchies, sparking even low intensity hostile raids among one another.

adventurers also seeking Vahooci’s being assumed to be killed by Namek,

To clarify the adventurers weren't looking for Vahocci- his remains were beyond their mortal reach as he was killed inside Valkyra's heavenly realm. They were looking for the Scroll of his Godkiller technique. Also I don't really think rolls are necessary for Namek to kill off or beat a few adventurers, he has one of the most strongest mortal powerlevels on the planet.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:16:43 pm by Lidku »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2020, 08:16:09 pm »

adventurers also seeking Vahooci’s being assumed to be killed by Namek,

To clarify the adventurers weren't looking for Vahocci- his remains were beyond their mortal reach as he was killed inside Valkyra's heavenly realm. They were looking for the Scroll of his Godkiller technique. Also I don't really think rolls are necessary for Namek to kill off or beat a few adventurers, he has one of the most strongest mortal powerlevels on the planet.
This makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Also, Namek can name the island if he wishes to. The reason it’s unnamed is because no one named it yet
Question(s) in order of priority:
is Namek still on the island?
Is Kamek inspiration for Namek?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:19:15 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2020, 08:16:44 pm »

EDIT: Also Lord_lemonpie how does combat work?
@Lord_lemonpie
Ludku’s recent post seems to include various possible combat encounters that haven’t been rolled for, adventurers also seeking Vahooci’s being assumed to be killed by Namek, or do individual conflicts not get rolled?
I just thought you should know

I'll share my thoughts on combat.

I don't want to drown this game in rules. Both to keep it easy to maintain (I've let way too many games die because I made them too much of a burden to run for myself, like Chamdhi Nivula and Tribes of the White Sea) and to keep the creative juices flowing and unconstrained by a multitude of rules! The rolling system is in place to avoid things people are really invested in being instakilled and making stuff like that more "fair" and to give people the ability to have random chance play a role in their things, but minor conflicts can just take place in lore. Especially when both parties are created by one player (this last bit won't apply if other people have also invested heavily into that creation).

I'll only demand rolls for full on wars and stuff like that, rolling for raids/minor attacks that won't have major consequences is not required, rolling for the conquest of nations will be. Requesting rolls for anything is still allowed, however, if people want to add that bit of spice to their actions.

If I see something that really requires a roll without being rolled for, I'll notify the poster and make those rolls.

(OOC: assuming that ü represents the same sound it does IRL, the closest equivalent would be "Bridine" or "Brythine". If not, then just ignore this)
Basing it on the german pronounciation of the ü, I thought u (/u:/) would be the best supplement, but English and their 7 gazillion different pronunciations of vowels always fucks me up, haha

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:32 pm »

Hey, are any of the gods going to respond to Dorath's call for a joint meeting?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2020, 08:26:23 pm »

Namek is still back in his home nation the Sandstone Qhanganate, that is unless you if you want him to revisit.
Also Namek's name inspiration comes from Dragon Ball Z- he's named after the Namekians and Namek in general. I just gave him that name because he's the strongest Ki fighter (for now atleast) and he's a Slugman to boot as well.  :)
Edit: If the Island is to be named, I suppose it should be called Vahocci Island since the native Moss Trolls there were trained by him before his departure to kill Valkyra. They would probably venerate him for his uplift.

Year 135
Piyerta-collou, Boran Boriborus, The Stranger, and Eightstone come to Dorath's Great Hall. The five Gods while not immediately forming a pantheon become welcomed contacts with one another. When it is time to fully settle in for the meeting proper, the four other Gods, guests of Dorath in his Great Hall, await for the subject of the meeting.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:33:15 pm by Lidku »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2020, 08:31:38 pm »

Year 135.1 After a long journey south, Hrvalda arrives too. She is careful not to make any promises, but is willing to at least hear Dorath's plea.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2020, 08:40:34 pm »

Namek is still back in his home nation the Sandstone Qhanganate, that is unless you if you want him to revisit.
Also Namek's name inspiration comes from Dragon Ball Z- he's named after the Namekians and Namek in general. I just gave him that name because he's the strongest Ki fighter (for now atleast) and he's a Slugman to boot as well.  :)
Edit: If the Island is to be named, I suppose it should be called Vahocci Island since the native Moss Trolls there were trained by him before his departure to kill Valkyra. They would probably venerate him for his uplift.
Already know that stuff, but Namek isn't really a god. Which is why Dorath did not invite him.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2020, 08:42:44 pm »

That tidbit of the post was actually a response to Naturegirl1999. I should've quoted her.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2020, 08:45:51 pm »

That tidbit of the post was actually a response to Naturegirl1999. I should've quoted her.
Ah sorry about that then.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 76