Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64090 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #450 on: June 17, 2020, 08:14:21 am »

Year 259.5: Lizards the size of ponies have been spotted just outside the Foxfolk Shamans lands, no one seems to know where they came from but they seem to be able to tame these strange creatures rather easily.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 17, 2020, 09:15:01 am »

Rolls

Flesh golems' effectiveness and how the public responds
Code: [Select]
2d20=18+15Compared to the failures of the Clay Golems, the Flesh Golems are a masterpiece of magics and alchemy. They're not only capable of taking commands and filling them to the letter, provided it is feasible to do so, they're also able make basic decisions, and even adapt to small differences in situations and enviroment, yet have no free will of their own. Of course, there's more maintenence than there is with a clay golem but it is an utterly minisucle drawback, as they CAN be told to diagnose and fix other golems. The only thing they cant do, is hold a conversation or talk at all for that matter.

While morbid, sure, the general public seems to understand the reasons for their existance and while not nearly everyone is okay with these things running around, with a little bit of dressing up, they can operate freely in broad daylight, with only the occasional few being attacked by disgusted townsfolk and if not told to defend themselves, won't do anything about it.

The Purple Leaf disease
Code: [Select]
2d20=18+20!These purple leaves spread over the host's body at an alarming rate, nearly covering them in a matter of hours, and NEVER kill their hosts by themselves, instead at most reducing them into a near-comatose state with all higher thought processes shut down. The hosts typically expire from dehydration. The only reason this disease is even remotely containable is BECAUSE of how rapidly the symptoms become visible.

The only reason why patient zero woke up with just a single leaf on their arm or woke up at all, could be because the disease may be magical in nature and does not spread while the host is sleeping?

For the time being, the disease is contained, with copious amounts of fireballs. And thankfully, the disease is very unlikely to spread fast outside Thairmar, as anyone who gets infected will never reach the lands of another civilization before the leaves turn their brains into mush.
(Depending on where this is taken, the Purple Leaf Disease might well get its own faction soon to track its spread. lol
Congratulations, by the way, on potentially starting this game's first plague.)

YEAR 260

Strange blue plants have been spotted growing on Dragolia. They're not dangerous, just strange, bearing resmblance to many of world's plants yet at the same time being unlike any of them. Their most notable feature being that where normal plants have green stems and leaves, these have pale blue stems and deep blue leaves. With any flowers typically having almost white, semi-transparent petals.

Of course these plants are not just limited to flowers, all kinds of plants have been found, including a few tree saplings, although none of those bear the same orb of energy as Elysium's white tree, The White Tree of Elyium is UNIQUE in having the energy orb.

These plants are found with increasing frequency the closer one gets to Elysium, with many found in the Avarian Empire and some near the University, but individual plants have been spotted as far north as the Brudines' Territory and as far east as the capital city of the Jahtari and Refugio Guerra, as far south as the Blegs' territory and even very few on the Moss Trolls' Islands and as far West as the Goblins' territory. There is nothing remarkable about these plants beyond being blue, and seemingly being found where ever the White Tree's light shines.

It is probably safe to assume that Elysium is absoulutely covered in these blue plants and it may be possible that them growing outside of Elysium may be an unintended consequence of them growing in the White Tree's light. The only reason that is known that they grow in the Tree's light, is because they grow with decreased frequency where Elysium itself casts a shadow and the tree's light isn't visible. The only reason any of these plants are found at all in Elysium's shadow, is because the light from the tree bounces off and is reflected by the terrain, trees and plants.

Summary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map(No Changes) (click to show/hide)

Notices
I swear, the summary section used to be longer.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:19:17 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 17, 2020, 09:31:26 am »

Year 260.1 With Eudes taking the mantle of Grand Mayor of Dalai, the free cities have been experiencing a great increase in commerce and development stemming from an increased emphasis on free-flowing trade. Eudes, utilizing his sizable personal fleet bolstered with additional government owned ships, has increased the world-wide visibility of Dalai as a notable power of maritime trade. Increased migration of those wanting to capitalize on the trade boom has enabled Dalai to increase its territorial claims further south down the peninsula it's situated on.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 17, 2020, 09:47:22 am »

((Question to Strik3r: If I show you what rolls I do and explain their purpose, would you allow them? If not that’s ok, I was thinking of rolling a d10 for the percentage of purple leaves that develop a mutation of some sort, if you’d rather do the roll that’s fine too, I’d like to know the answer before doing my action, to avoid potentially breaking a rule))

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:44 am »

Year 260.4
The Kingdom of Thairmar begins to try and discover what the cause of the deadly Purple Leaf disease is. They order their top scientists and magicians to research it. They also sent couriers to the Foxfolk Shamans and the Kingdoms of Zalalastan, Arghila, Karhan, and Streamland to alert them of the disease and ask for aid. Roll for how each faction responds

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 17, 2020, 10:46:11 am »

((Question to Strik3r: If I show you what rolls I do and explain their purpose, would you allow them? If not that’s ok, I was thinking of rolling a d10 for the percentage of purple leaves that develop a mutation of some sort, if you’d rather do the roll that’s fine too, I’d like to know the answer before doing my action, to avoid potentially breaking a rule))

((I've had a bit to think about this but yeah its a bit of an odd grey area. Technically, yes, it is my job as the GM to handle rolls, at least as far as the Updates are concerned and of course i would prefer if it stays that way.

However, If you want something specifc to happen, you dont have to call a roll at all. And i wont void a turn unless your turn literally breaks the game world, breaks any other rules(such as "too many actions") or forces me to do hours of work to accomodate the changes.

You should only call a roll if you want me to roll for the outcome and tell you what happens as a result. If you want to roll for something yourself behind-the-scenes, i cant stop you and you dont have to tell me that you rolled for something.

(and in fact would PREFER if you didn't tell me that you rolled for something. I probably wont discard a turn over someone telling me that they rolled for the outcome of something, but i wont feel very good about myself :P After all, the most of the fun i get from GM'ing this is from hitting that generate button and then getting to write what happens (even though i suck at writing), if you guys start rolling your stuff yourself, what am i left to do? :P)
In that case, i'll simply treat it as if no roll had taken place (meaning Map Updates and summary and whatnot), and normal turn rules apply(Don't break shit)

At least thats my view on the subject.

Also, this has given me a little chance to talk about how i interpet roll requests. Basically, wording matters(Look back to the thing with the dwarf stuck in a cave), If you ask me to Roll for whether Someone goes insane i will put them GOING insane on upper half of rolls, if you ask me to roll for whether Someone avoids death, their death will be on the bottom half of rolls(Actually, deaths typically only happen on 1's in almost every case)

AND yes, due to Chaoskl sniping your turn, you ARE allowed to put yours with a year number preceeding his. :P))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 17, 2020, 10:51:39 am »

(Oh shit my bad. Sorry about that :-\)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 17, 2020, 11:00:23 am »

(Oh shit my bad. Sorry about that :-\)

((It honestly was not even a problem at all. Dont worry about things like that lol, it was just a small note for Naturegirl1999, not something for you to worry about as if you had commited some horrible offence or sin :P))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 17, 2020, 11:01:27 am »

(It’s alright, it could do the mutation during their research efforts)
Year 260.41((Intended to be slightly after 260.4, but before 260.45, which would be halfway between 260.5, this makes sense, right? like, instead of it going from YYY.4 to YYY.5, YYY.41 to YYY.42 to YYY.43...YYY.48 to YYY.49 to YYY.5. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?))
6% of new purple leaves gain a slight resistance to fire, taking slightly longer to burn than others

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 17, 2020, 11:22:07 am »

Year 260.6- As the three Hamsterfolk researchers make the long trek back to the Scar Gate University they encounter other tales and rumors of other unusual or unexplained phenomenon throughout the land: a terrifying plague of plants, a cursed building where none leave, powerful remnants of a deceased god, uncharted islands filled with total mystery. There's a lot of unusual occurrences out there that need to be researched and understood. Being cloistered up in the University only to be sent out once in a blue moon is not the way! It's incedibily inconvenient! The three Hamsterfolk researchers begin planning out a petition to establish a secondary branch of the University somewhere on the Western continent.

However, lingering in the dark corners of the mind of Rakkem Sol, one of the researchers, is the disturbing paranoia of the Walking Worm Incident. Intrusive thoughts bubble up. Those two other researchers....could they be also walking worms? Roll to see if Rakkem embraces this outlandish paranoia! 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 17, 2020, 11:52:52 am »

Year 260.9
Not all that much has been happening in the Sandpond Clan in preceding years (well, actually, I couldn't think of anything to happen in there - if you want to chip in with something that happens in there, by all means do so).
Recently, however, Broth has taken to wandering the desert for seemingly no reason at all. Perhaps he's bored? Whatever his reasons, one day he wanders a bit too far in 260.9 and, in the words of his two most trusted friends, "was sprayed by this big ol' wormlike thing from the sands and fell dead on the spot!" (His friends were following him around.) Broth's friends hurry back to Sandpond Village and tell everyone else what happened.
This results in Drilka becoming leader of the Sandpond Clan.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 17, 2020, 12:23:32 pm »

Year 260.9
Not all that much has been happening in the Sandpond Clan in preceding years (well, actually, I couldn't think of anything to happen in there - if you want to chip in with something that happens in there, by all means do so).
Recently, however, Broth has taken to wandering the desert for seemingly no reason at all. Perhaps he's bored? Whatever his reasons, one day he wanders a bit too far in 260.9 and, in the words of his two most trusted friends, "was sprayed by this big ol' wormlike thing from the sands and fell dead on the spot!" (His friends were following him around.) Broth's friends hurry back to Sandpond Village and tell everyone else what happened.
This results in Drilka becoming leader of the Sandpond Clan.
((Guess it really is worm week, huh?))
YEAR 261
Drilka is an enterprising sort, her mind is constantly filled to the brim with grand ideas and designs. The construction of the masterwork houses under her supervision, for which she took all the credit, has only increased the size of her dreams, and with the brute... Broth out the way, she can finally run Sandpond how SHE wants and can begin putting her grandiose (construction) plans into action. The only problem? She's now the leader of a civilization consisting of a bunch of, admittedly well crafted sandstone huts, huddled around an oasis, (and a small outpost to the south, somewhere). If she has any hope of building any of her grand ideas, the clan would need more people. She sends a messenger to Waterstone in hopes of getting some more settlers.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 17, 2020, 12:44:58 pm »

((I haven't the slightest idea what worm week is... ???)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 17, 2020, 12:47:37 pm »

(the person was maybe referring to this week’s actions pertaining to Worm walk. Search Worm Walk in this. Topic and it is an instance where someone who was scheduled for execution exploded into many worms, all that was left of the host was the skin)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 17, 2020, 12:53:56 pm »

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsNHmf5jksA Guess i just hang out in strange circles?))

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 76