Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64198 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #720 on: July 05, 2020, 06:32:53 am »

Notices
Year 303.7
((It's WAAAAAAAAAGH time!))

((*Engages Microsoft Sam Voice* well fuck
Its my fault, i should have never made that joke in the first place. Also, im not actually that big a fan of Warhammer, not my cup o' tea.

Im gonna assume you want another war... Can we wait till the other two are resolved? There will also be a small delay as i refine the rules of the wargame further.
Which side will you be playing in the coming war between the greenskins and HCE?

Also, please don't go too crazy big with your turns, especially with an excess of rolls. I do have to write out every one. As such, i'll only be writing shortly about the outcomes of all the rolls in your turn.))

Due to there being so few turns this time around i spent a bit of time expanding further on the Elysians.

Rolls

The Waterstone clan attempt to make an island.
Code: [Select]
1d20=7The digging of a channel long enough to seperate the peninsula from the mainland is a massive undertaking that will take a long time, especially with the setbacks that the dwarves are encountering, including leaks in their barrier walls/dams, hard bedrock and other annoyances.

The Kingdom of Thairmar tries to quell unrest
1d20=9With the Purple Leaf Disease ravaging their lands and the failure of the army in the war, the tensions are running high in the Kingdom of Thairmar, what is left of it. With everyone in the kingdom fleeing to the western tip of it, it has caused a bit of overcrowding and unrest, as refugees from the east are suffering in poor conditions, are being accused to carrying the disease, and there isn't enough food to go around for everyone. The officials are doing their best to quell unrest, but its a battle they are slowly losing.

Dorathian Kingdom and the Coalition negotiate for peace
Difficulty=Trivial
1d20=16
The Hamsterfolk shamans and the rest of the coalition is in no position to refuse the demands of the Dorathine, and all occupied lands have now formally become the territory of the Dorathian Kingdom.

The remainder of the territory not taken by the Dorathian Kingdom remains as the Hamsterfolks' territory, at least officially, but the Dorathian Kingdom will almost certanly be harrassing what remains of the Hamsterfolk Shamans for tribute. The Orc-Slayer bandit has taken his pay for his part in the war, and has gone off to do whatever he was doing before. Its probable that he will show up again, in the surely brewing siege of the HCE.

The war is over. Whether conflict was worth it for Dorathine remains yet to be seen.
((i love that the timespan of the war actually makes sense, about 3 years or so))

HCE attempts to fortify a fort to a fortress
1d20=20!
The threat of the greenskins was a very apparent one, The Kaiser mobilized all his forces and resources into fortifying a small fort to the north, not much more than a watchtower, into a powerful fortress that may be the only way to stem the green tide. The construction was finished in record time, turning the once small fort into a fortress meant to withstand an assault by any force in a mere few months.

The acting leader of the Great Diplomatic Army finds a mysterious letter on his field desk, it is written with an unsteady hand:
Go west. They're too spread out to hold the lands. You'll have your channel. The golden orb will give you what you need, protect it.

Do not waste the lives of your men needlessly. Peace is on the horizon. Hold out.

The letter is unsigned.

YEAR 303.9
Since the opening of the portal to Elysium, some Elysians have "joined" The Great Scar University. Well "joined" is a bit of a wrong word. They just came through the portal and began to run amok inside the University.
They don't really cause much damage to the University, at least not intentionally. But being the overly curious creatures that they are, they often disrupt research work and classes while young magi are trying to learn magic, they also have done an impressive amount of damage to the landscape of the University city's great gardens by digging their dens despite there being only a few Elysians in and around the university. Elysians are seemingly innately drawn to the most dangerous or fragile things on the University grounds, The University's mages have to constantly be alert for Elysians trying to play with or eat anything dangerous or important that they can get their hands on. And if the Magi yell at the Elysians, they just get scared and drop whatever thing they're playing with, often with disastrous consequences for both the University and the Elysian in question. And if the Elysian in question isn't hurt, they just droop their ears and stare at the Mage with puppy eyes. At least the mess has resulted in some valuable information regarding Elysians: They do in fact seemingly have a sense of guilt, it doesn't help much, but at least that much was learned.

It has in fact resulted in an internal review of the University's safety protocols, and now potentially hazardous objects in the University have hazard signs, prominently featuring Elysians on them. In fact in some ways, Elysians are slowly becoming the mascot for the University, with their boundless curiosity that should be an inspiration to all magi, as well as their discovery being perhaps the crowning achievement of the University.
But while it has helped the issue, it would still be a lot better if the Magi could communicate with the Elysians properly. And its not as if they couldn't speak, they're more than capable of mimicking speech, they just don't know what the words mean.
Roll for the University's attempt to develop a way to communicate with the Elysians

At the same time, a bunch of Elysians have also found themselves in the Dwarven halls of the Waterstone Clan.
Roll for how the Dwarves respond to the Elysians

the University attempts to develop a way to communicate with the Elysians
1d20=11With a little bit of effort, the Magi of the University have developed a simple language that is easy to teach, and can convey most concepts with with a combination of words. The language was developed largely FOR the Elysians in a way that matches their nature, the words of the language are as short and as simple as possible and sound bright and cute. Despite that, it is incredibly difficult to teach the Elysians... Anything, at least in an organized fashion, they're just not capable of sitting still long enough to be taught anything. Thus far they've managed to teach the language to ONE Elysian. And even that had to be done through drastic measures, that the magi are afraid that they may have traumatized the poor creature with.
((If you want to get a rough idea, look up "Toki Pona"))

It was possibly one of the least ethical experiments performed in the university thus far, but it bore results. A single Elysian was caught and collared and was put on a chain that was anchored to the ground inside a locked room. The Elysian was given a few days to adjust to its situation before starting their experiments. The Elysian wailed and cried for a while but eventually calmed down. It did show some aggression toward the Magi, but not being able to reach them on the account of its chain being too short caused it to quickly cease its futile attempts to get at the Magi... that, and the hunger.

While the magi tried their best to maintain the innocent creature's dignity, their experiment soon began to depend on metering out food and entertainment to the Elysian. When the Magi gave it plenty of food and and small, sometimes magical baubles to play with, it would refuse to learn, probably out of spite. So the only way was to take away its toys and reward it with food and toys for learning, to create a positive feedback loop. All that, just to teach an Elysian to speak, but of course, in the end, they succeeded... at teaching just ONE Elyisian to speak a simple and limited language.

A curious thing however that they did notice, is that as that as the Elysian was learning the language, the small crystalline growth on its head began to grow and eventually form into a small crest. The first one of the ones with blue markings to have a crest. The Elysian could not adequately explain it to the magi. Not because it didn't know, but because the language was too limited.

The Dwarves' response to the Elysians
1d20=16Since the Dwarves never saw any of the Elysians exit the portal, they just assumed that it was some barely-sentient and thus far unknown cavern creature when they appeared in their halls. They seemed to harm nobody and while they were stubborn and overly curious little troublemakers, the dwarves found some kinship with them in that especially after it was discovered that they can dig through dirt incredibly well with just their bare hands. Not to mention their shared love for food, with which the Elysians could be easily lured with. Although it was discovered that drunk-Elysian singing... well its actually a lot less singing and more... Howling... whatever it was, it is incredibly unpleasant.

Overall, the Dwarves mostly just let the few Elysians that roam their halls be and do whatever they want. Although they do find the one that sleeps on top of the statue of a former king that stands behind the throne... somewhat disrespectful, but the Elysian doesn't really know anything about the history of the dwarves, to it, its just the highest place in the halls, so its an ideal place for napping on.

Warfare
(This wont be here when there are no ongoing wars.)
(Updated)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Guide to the Art of War
(Updated)

Summary

Map and Legend
(Updated)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:37:28 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 05, 2020, 06:48:35 am »

Year 303.7
((It's WAAAAAAAAAGH time!))
Im gonna assume you want another war... Can we wait till the other two are resolved? There will also be a small delay as i refine the rules of the wargame further.
Which side will you be playing in the coming war between the greenskins and HCE?
Sure thing, any delay in the march can be easily explained by logistical difficulties.

Greenskins are my choice, this sounds interesting.

Year 304

The Dwarves of the Waterstone Clan continue their lengthy project.

Meanwhile Kaiser Garidius decides to engage in scorched earth tactics, splitting his army into groups that are sent out to empty the lands the Greenskins are about to enter of all food and water. This makes sustaining the migration more difficult, forcing the Greenskins to slow down and spread out over a wider area as they travel.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:50:22 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #722 on: July 05, 2020, 07:23:41 am »

304.2-3

Reading over the letter sent to him earlier a month ago, Ludicrous-Sales Halloween still doesn't buy the message at all. The only way to be sure succinctly is to fully secure the capital of the Red Court once and for all in a bid to look for the corpse part he needs. He writes a letter to the reigning General to prepare for a final assault on the Red Court- the Black Qhaganate for the most part has been subdued by Steamland and Zalalastan to point where only its aerial force remains, but Ludicrous-Sales Halloween is sure the battle-mages and archers of both aforementioned armies can hold back an assault considering how withered the Black Qhaganate morale has become.

While he waits for his forces and the forces of Karhan to prepare for the next assault on the Red Court, Ludicrous-Sales Halloween wasn't a fool and knew something was afoul with the continuous mishaps he was having in terms of supply disappearances and sabotaged equipment. It was sure the work of an enlisted professional corp of the Red Court, of whom Halloween doesn't know however. With this acknowledged, hires out an entire assassin organization based out of Zalalastan who deem themselves as the "Vipers," who arrive to region within a month in full force. They specialize in poison dart, saber wielding, and frost magic combat. For now Ludicrous-Sales Halloween does not have them mobilize for any particular purpose- for now they merely act as a guard counter against any further attempts of sabotage against his army.

He just hopes to wrap this war up soon to attend to Lotham city, but given reports to him on the city are saying that the undead in the city having become considerably less active for the time being- which was extremely good for the Kingdom.

[A new Guerilla army called the Vipers has joined the 3rd Crusade]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:26:39 am by Lidku »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 05, 2020, 08:07:03 am »

Year 303.85
The Great diplomatic Army marches south-west to occupy that area all the way to the chaos crystals.

Messages of diplomacy are sent to Karhan offering the same peace agreement that was sent earlier (which never got responded to). They send a second negotiation to the forces of the Black Qhaganate and their allies with the third condition struck out, and them pointing out how they'd be happy to deazl with the Red Court if they just signed the damn agreement.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 05, 2020, 08:59:00 am »

Year 303.9L: The Way of The Leaf were quite happy with the spread of the disease amongst the foxfolk turn their attention to the east and start to spread it amongst the major population centers of the eastern kingdoms. Roll for spread in the eastern kingdoms.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 05, 2020, 11:56:47 am »

((Hey King Zultan, what’s the L after the 9 in the year date? Is it towards the beginning, halfway point, or end of the .9 area?))
The Waterstone clan dwarves pray to Perun to help with splitting the island.
Roll for whether Perun answers their prayers, and if she does, how much she helps them.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 05, 2020, 12:39:43 pm »

((guys, i think there's a bit of a mixup with year numbers here...

Although, due to coincidentally falling on the same year number, these two rolls will be combined together :P
Year 304
The Dwarves of the Waterstone Clan continue their lengthy project.

Roll for whether Perun answers their prayers, and if she does, how much she helps them.

To ensure coherence of the timeline, these turns have been moved to 304.85 and 304.9L(Late?) respectively.

Year 303.85
The Great diplomatic Army marches south-west to occupy that area all the way to the chaos crystals.

Messages of diplomacy are sent to Karhan offering the same peace agreement that was sent earlier (which never got responded to). They send a second negotiation to the forces of the Black Qhaganate and their allies with the third condition struck out, and them pointing out how they'd be happy to deazl with the Red Court if they just signed the damn agreement.

Year 303.9L: The Way of The Leaf were quite happy with the spread of the disease amongst the foxfolk turn their attention to the east and start to spread it amongst the major population centers of the eastern kingdoms. Roll for spread in the eastern kingdoms.

Dont cause time paradoxes, please :P))

A hooded man walks up next to the King of Streamland, who is leading the Great Diplomatic Army on a march toward their next objective, taps him on the shoulder and presses a scroll into his hands:
You did exactly the opposite of what was asked of you. Am i your enemy?

If the court gets their hands on the golden light, the paladins' sacrifice will have been in vain.

But its too late now, the enemies have begun consolidating their forces. Lay now in the bed that you've made for yourself.

And indeed the words on the scroll were true.

The Black Qhangante is in the process of consolidating both the remaining Aetherials and The Black Sky-Legion back into a defensive army, leaving only a small Aerial Guerilla force as the only remaining offensive force.

and Red Court will merge the Army of Mages with Red Court's defence army, leaving the Desert Shades as their offensive force.
((all of this will happen at the start of the next turn, any current moves wont be affected.))

The Hooded Man was nowhere to be found afterward.

YEAR 305

The light of the golden sun of the desert that was born in the wake of the Paladins' assault, and sacrifice, shines on the desert sand, and Crystals of Light have begun to grow wherever the light strikes, but most of all from the dead bodies of the Paladins that lay scattered about at the site of the battle that took place.
(The golden light has formed a Crystal Field (Light) around itself)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 05, 2020, 01:16:26 pm »

((I saw 303.9L and assumed it was the latest since it was the most recent post. I assure you I am not trying to create time paradoxes. Thank you for resolving the turns taking place in the same year, that won’t happen again))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 05, 2020, 01:22:20 pm »

((I saw 303.9L and assumed it was the latest since it was the most recent post. I assure you I am not trying to create time paradoxes. Thank you for resolving the turns taking place in the same year, that won’t happen again))

((I didn't imply anyone was TRYING to create time paradoxes. :P Merely that the stuff happens, occasionally... y'know someone's finger slips and they accidentally post 303 instead of 304 and then bam, everyone follows suit and you've got  a whole row of turns taking place in the past going on.

Also posting stuff on the same year as another turn is fine, typically, and if they interact, they'll just be rolled into one turn/roll like this time.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #729 on: July 05, 2020, 01:26:20 pm »

Year 305.2

Despite their continuous efforts of dispelling the Purple Leaf Disease, it carries on at exponential rates due to the nature of the diseases' method of spore reproduction host to host the High-Elven arch-mages from Ukalia find. With word that Lotham, one of the biggest human cities and first metropolis in the world has suffered through an outbreak of undead- the thing of the news that interests them the most is evolutional adaption of the Purple Leaf Disease to subsume a host that was infected at the time of becoming undead- taking control completely to become what survivalists in the locked down city are calling "Sapzods."

With the rate of how this disease adapts and spread, the High-Elves decide to fully dedicate themselves to study, research, and hopefully eradicate the Purple Leaf Disease due to how dangerous it is and becoming. Even though the disease seems to only be endemic in the human realms, it is sure to spread across the entire world the High-Elves surmise- they of course weren't doing this for any perceived love of humans of course. The group calls themselves the Yardmowers, in reference to very nature and name of the disease they have a goal against.

The Yardmowers send some units to Lotham despite the undead outbreak- they needed some live specimens to research on before some sort of conclusion comes where Arghila lifts the cordon off order and sends troops to clear out the horde in the city- which would mean any specimens they wanted their hands on would be deceased (though even in that state it could be sure they could gain some insights from cadavers alone).

Next the Yardmowers send teams to the lands of the Fox shamen to investigate reports and rumors of some mysterious malign order that is said to be deliberately spreading the Purple Leaf Disease. 

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 05, 2020, 01:32:02 pm »

Year 305.4
A nondescript dwarf, in traveling clothes, with an overly long beard, staggers into the Great Scar University. A few days later, he is reported to have exploded. It seems he got his hands on the skeleton's cannon and... misused it.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 05, 2020, 02:23:29 pm »

((Sorry for the mistake, now I’m completely confused about what is going on. What did I do?)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 05, 2020, 02:33:55 pm »

((Sorry for the mistake, now I’m completely confused about what is going on. What did I do?)
((nothing wrong. Its just  a year number problem.

If you're referring to the letter... well nothing in the world is forced to follow any set path, even if i've laid one out. It'll probably be more interesting this way, anyway.
EDIT: For example like the whole thing with Rheis' Paladins or Arythia dying. None of it was planned, thats whats so great about this game

The message was to Streamland's King, not to you as a player.
If i have anything to say to a player, i say it in OOC, i don't scold people in-character :P. Not that i do anyway really, i think?
That whole thing can just be written off as the King of Streamland not trusting the Hooded Man.))

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 05, 2020, 07:18:28 pm »

Year 305.5
Kha'tra, the young Jahtari woman whom serenaded Basileus whilst enjoying the once in a lifetime sight of colours bursting in the night sky five and a half years ago, has slowly fallen into the fringes of her society. Though the Lizardwoman had not laid her eyes upon the piercing yellow slits of the Spined Viper as she had before, her obsession has grown great indeed.

In the intervening years, Kha'tra has left the embrace of her father and slipped into the darker places of the Sultante. So too has she treated with the odd Vasilikos now and again on their hunts, soothing their spirits and denoting herself by song as ever. Much has the lizard learnt of their ways, and of the true origin of both races.

One thing was certain, Basileus had left its mark upon the young songstress. . . She has begun to amass followers in clandestine meetings with her kind, always presided over by a single Vasilkos. How successful has she been?

Elsewhere, upon the twin isles, the lord of the Vasilikos has grown fat indeeed, outsizing their home. Yet all the while it grows old in kind, and begins fearing its mortality. Basileus turns it's gaze to the south. . .
I've lost control of my life.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2020, 03:25:44 am »

What are the portals and why are they growing bigger?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 76