Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 179856 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #960 on: March 24, 2020, 08:14:44 pm »

KOTOR 1: I hate Pazaak edition. I'm kidding, everyone hates pazaak always. Even when you're enjoying it, it's because you're you're finally overcoming the bastard game's RNG.

I don't remember ever playing Pazaak in either KOTOR game. As gambling minigames in RPGs go, it seriously blows.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 25, 2020, 09:22:10 am »

KOTOR 1: I hate Pazaak edition. I'm kidding, everyone hates pazaak always. Even when you're enjoying it, it's because you're you're finally overcoming the bastard game's RNG.

I don't remember ever playing Pazaak in either KOTOR game. As gambling minigames in RPGs go, it seriously blows.
Ah, reminds me of the time when I grinded Pazaak like a madman and got hundreds of thousands of credits out of it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 31, 2020, 06:45:52 am »

All the talk about Bannerlord reminded me i had a character going in current version of most excellent Pendor mod for M&B Warband.

Spent some time recruiting and roaming around the Empire to look if i could join ongoing battles .
It was usually the best way to get started and leveled in Pendor due to crazy difficulty for early characters as what was considered weak "bandits" in Native usually in Pendor has some very strong warriors amongst the fodder that can one shot most of your early troops with ease.

So joining lords battle is at least a way to have on your side some strong fighters while you're trying to not die.

At the head of 50 low level troopers, i finally ran into a battle between an Empire lord and a Sarleon one, with the empire guy having slightly more troops, perfect !
After jumping in the melee with my warband to help the imperials

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:48:08 am by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 31, 2020, 12:42:58 pm »

Ah, reminds me of the time when I grinded Pazaak like a madman and got hundreds of thousands of credits out of it.

The only place I know to do that is on the first planet, when your deck is worse than theirs, and the game suggests the character cheats. You make/lose 40 per game, so even 1,000 credits is too many games.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 31, 2020, 04:09:18 pm »

I've only used a walkthrough once in U7 and didn't read ahead, but judging by the section titles and what I've done so far it appears I'm almost done with the main game. The difficulty is starting to ramp up, which is very annoying to me because the combat sucks. Either I stomp or get a TPK, there is no in between and I'm not convinced that training does anything.

I also have no idea when or how the expansion content is supposed to begin. If it isn't obvious by the time I beat the game, I'll use a walkthrough to get started on that.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 31, 2020, 04:40:39 pm »

If i remember well the Forge of Virtue expansion quest can be triggered as soon as when you first meet Lord British and use all the available talk subjects, at some point he will talk about the isle of fire, mention of the possible Exodus (the one you defeated in Ultima 3) returning and he will give you a deed for a boat for exploration of the area.

At least it was like that during my run with Exult , though i never went on location myself.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 31, 2020, 04:54:08 pm »

Ohh. I thought that stuff was part of the main campaign that I would have to do later.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 02, 2020, 09:53:19 am »

So Battle Brothers.

I never played it as the pawn art style never jived with me. Gotta say, wish I had gotten into it earlier. Feels quite like Warband in some ways - like losing somewhat rolling you far back to the start and the game having lots of different random things that are basically the same two things.

Died to a zombie horde while I moved in too close and thought - it's slow going but it's going. Then the necromancer undid all my work and the fatigue set in. Svien the Swallowed almost made it, but a possessed zombie hit him twice after catching up to him and that was the end of my forst game...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 12, 2020, 08:35:50 am »

Now that I can play Fallout 4 on PC, I get to relive the self-inflicted agony sheer joy of banging mods together in various combinations until they do what I want and look good doing it. Then when my world is all set up to explore, I feel like going to bed and never looking at a computer screen again.

Does anybody happen to know how, in the Fallout 4 creation kit, you would place a weapon/armor that already has mods (as in craftable attachments, not game mods) attached to it? All I've found is a short YouTube clip that apparently showed it being done, but no explanation of what was happening.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 12, 2020, 10:32:08 am »

Now that I can play Fallout 4 on PC, I get to relive the self-inflicted agony sheer joy of banging mods together in various combinations until they do what I want and look good doing it. Then when my world is all set up to explore, I feel like going to bed and never looking at a computer screen again.

Does anybody happen to know how, in the Fallout 4 creation kit, you would place a weapon/armor that already has mods (as in craftable attachments, not game mods) attached to it? All I've found is a short YouTube clip that apparently showed it being done, but no explanation of what was happening.

Pretend I posted a picture of Sisyphus pushing the rock up the hill, and the rock was labelled "modding Fallout 4."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 12, 2020, 11:43:55 am »

World of Horror, searching for mythical yakuza mobster demon that shows up only in specific game seed.

No luck so far.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 12, 2020, 10:37:03 pm »

seeing that its very probable my machine cannot handle Stellaris. y decided to go for something closer but older, Distant Worlds Universe. just finished checking the tutorials and an introductory game. im still kind of lost but i think i get the deal with this one. of course not being able to manage every nook and cranny of my empire feels off. im still a bit confused by the race towards the victory conditions but it sounds more rewarding than just ROLFstomping all the other empires via military.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 12, 2020, 11:44:58 pm »

Crying Suns is cool - FTL with tactical combat (hex based RPS of different units). I like the atmosphere. A little frustrated with the endurance of enemies - some fights are just a bit better than even and takes ages to chip down the enemy hull. Makes it less snappy than FTL and more frustrating if you lose a run.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 13, 2020, 12:19:16 am »

Man there is so. much. goddamn. talking in Skyrim's early game.

It's hard to skip through it in a quick manner, because a lot of it is "ambient" lines where two NPCs are talking to each other, meaning you can't click through it. I know about the quicksave/quickload trick but it doesn't always work and besides, it's annoying to do.

Still, I'm excited for my two-handed light armor berserker to slowly descend into stealth archery once again. I never completed Dragonborn in the original game, maybe I'll do that this time.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:12 am »

Crying Suns is cool - FTL with tactical combat (hex based RPS of different units). I like the atmosphere. A little frustrated with the endurance of enemies - some fights are just a bit better than even and takes ages to chip down the enemy hull. Makes it less snappy than FTL and more frustrating if you lose a run.

Fighters. You want fighters.

They're fast to travel, and their decent damage is made better by fast rate of fire. They are my first choice to destroy enemy battleships.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 100