Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 76078 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2017, 12:21:03 pm »

"He must have taken it from the Cowardly Lion."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2017, 03:28:07 pm »

"... Marcus is thinking I will just go over and break it up myself."

"Good luck with the crazy."

"Marcus is good with crazy. Marcus married your mother, after all!"

"... what!?"

"Haha!"

Break it up you two, we got places to be.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
"Seriously?  You're now dragging people away from the group?"

Another shot at sigh.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
Hearing the shots, Fleshius stands up, and in an unhappy voice calls out. Ahem, GENTLEMEN, IF I MAY BE SO BOLD AS TO ASK. WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING AT US? After that he takes off running with sigh, good for the digestion not getting shot at by those madmen over there.

((Was that damage including Sigh's armor, knocking a 2 down to a 1?  It could be relevant, if Beethro decides to continue shooting him.))

Sigh stares down at the man, his face a mask of confused terror and desperation.   He continues to babble in his strange half-hushed shout, suddenly scrambling away and gesturing simultaneously at both the oncoming Marcus, and the empty wastes that Fleyshius came from.  "Ahhh!  They're coming, they're coming Fleyshius, they don't understand, they're going to attack you, we need to run!"

Start trying to drag Fleyshius away, but don't force him into running if he doesn't want to run.  Definitely don't leave him, I can't lose him again.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Edit: Corrected HP.  Yay armor.

"You know, Marcus thinks that perhaps the two of them are not a threat."

"There are two kinds of crazy," Beethro says, racking the bolt on his rifle back and ejecting the spent round. "There's the kind that helps, and the kind that hurts." He pushes the bolt forward and reshoulders the rifle. "You are the kind that helps. He isn't."

"What about the new guy?"

"I suppose he's got a choice to make."

He fires again, catching Sigh right in the shoulder, skipping the bullet off his pauldron. [5 damage-1=4 damage]. Sigh stumbles but rights himself quickly and grabs Fleshius by the hand. The two of them run back over the nearest dune and take cover behind it.

"Ahem, GENTLEMEN, IF I MAY BE SO BOLD AS TO ASK. WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING AT US?" Fleshius shouts, laying with his back against the due as Sigh crouches beside him, tugging on his hand and whining for him to run.

Beethro racks another round into the chamber before responding. "Because I told that other guy there, in very clear terms, that if he wants to follow us and steal our food in this wasteland, he should fight with us.  He's had plenty of chances to decide to help us out or to just stay away.  When he showed up just now, the first thing he did was run forward and hit you on the head with a crowbar. He also doesn't seem willing or capable of talking it out or discussing things like a person.  This includes when hiding in our tent against lighting.  As such, I'm treating him like a creature, and trying to train him to not follow us."

"A cowardly beast? Sigh? I'll have you know that within his frail exterior this man has the heart of a lion!"

"Maybe. I guess we'll see it for ourselves here in a minute" Beethro says, taking steady aim at the top of the dune.

Call my Snakescorpion back. Use its senses along with the tarantula's to try to find anything interesting around here while the others try to murder eachother.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

[mind 16]
You ignore the fighting and instead focus on trying to sense out any sort of oddities in this desert. There's no heat signatures that you can't identify, no scents in the air that aren't familiar, no vibrations either. But there is one thing; between the two summons you have a minor capacity to sense magnetism. It's a faint pull, like an almost imperceptible gravity that comes from one direction. And it's not coming from where it usually does. It's coming from somewhere deeper in the wastes.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2017, 03:53:50 pm »

"Eh. Marcus will leave you to do this. If he will not come, is his fault."

Pass
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2017, 04:53:10 pm »

"Fair enough.  All they gotta do is ask.  We got the food, lets get this sorted out before we get too far in for them to decide to walk away."

Wait them out.  If either one asks, that one can have food.  If they sit on the other side of the ridge vibrating in fear, they don't get food.  If they try to sneak in and steal food, they get shot.

"You know, I'm tired of this, Marcus.  I want them with us on our side.  If they don't want to fight, that's why you have walls and towns, so that not everyone has to.  Another time I could just let this slide and walk along, treating that crazy guy like just another piece of the background, like the metal trees or the Onesuary floods.  Maybe dangerous, but you plan accordingly and go about your life.  Sadly, this isn't a pleasure trip.  We're going into the wastes to kill wizards who have been taking children, and we'll be days away from the nearest scrap of food."

"What do you guys think?"

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:09:50 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 28, 2017, 11:43:39 pm »

"Ff-Fleyshius, it's just stupid, it doesn't understaaand...  Ah, uh... They'll leave, we can follow them, it's safest following, they kill the danger in front, and it doesn't move back in fast enough..."

Sigh continues to whimper out similar statements continually, while visibly trembling next to Fleyshius.  He keeps very close to his new companion's side, yet continually averts his gaze and shrinks away simultaneously.

Well, not doing anything except following F, so...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2017, 11:50:30 pm »

Bill opens his eyes. "I found something. I think we should quit wasting time before another storm rolls in. Kill him, or get the other guy to manage him. The coward seems to like him."

Try to get a better location on the magnetic field while waiting for the others to sort shit out.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 01, 2017, 12:05:43 am »

Humbug, We'll make them understand, besides, surely they lack the discipline of the kings men, they'll break just like the lobsters if we begin to walk towards them. They're terrified of the walking those lobsters.

Fleyshius will begin to stride confidently towards the group of men shooting at him, twirling his tire iron like a marching baton as he goes. If they end up shooting him he will unleash a cry of GODSHITSONTHESONOFTHEBITCHWHOSHOTME! and charge the enemy emplacement to crack some heads. If he doesn't get shot at he will walk into the group and formally introduce himself as Fleyshius Von Flesh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:10:27 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:41 am »

"Ff-Fleyshius, it's just stupid, it doesn't understaaand...  Ah, uh... They'll leave, we can follow them, it's safest following, they kill the danger in front, and it doesn't move back in fast enough..."

Sigh continues to whimper out similar statements continually, while visibly trembling next to Fleyshius.  He keeps very close to his new companion's side, yet continually averts his gaze and shrinks away simultaneously.

Well, not doing anything except following F, so...

(They are filthy hobbitsis, right?)
Humbug, We'll make them understand, besides, surely they lack the discipline of the kings men, they'll break just like the lobsters if we begin to walk towards them. They're terrified of the walking those lobsters.

Fleyshius will begin to stride confidently towards the group of men shooting at him, twirling his tire iron like a marching baton as he goes. If they end up shooting him he will unleash a cry of GODSHITSONTHESONOFTHEBITCHWHOSHOTME! and charge the enemy emplacement to crack some heads. If he doesn't get shot at he will walk into the group and formally introduce himself as Fleyshius Von Flesh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Fair enough.  All they gotta do is ask.  We got the food, lets get this sorted out before we get too far in for them to decide to walk away."

Wait them out.  If either one asks, that one can have food.  If they sit on the other side of the ridge vibrating in fear, they don't get food.  If they try to sneak in and steal food, they get shot.

"You know, I'm tired of this, Marcus.  I want them with us on our side.  If they don't want to fight, that's why you have walls and towns, so that not everyone has to.  Another time I could just let this slide and walk along, treating that crazy guy like just another piece of the background, like the metal trees or the Onesuary floods.  Maybe dangerous, but you plan accordingly and go about your life.  Sadly, this isn't a pleasure trip.  We're going into the wastes to kill wizards who have been taking children, and we'll be days away from the nearest scrap of food."

"What do you guys think?"

Fleshius stands up, dusts himself off -despite not having any dust on him- and climbs back over the dune. Sigh follows, slinking close to the ground with his hands covering his head. They make it to the top of the dune and Beethro just stares at them. Fleshius proceeds to walk straight back to Beethro, spinning his weapon like a baton and making trumpet noises with his mouth; a triumphant and upbeat marching tune in acapella. Sigh is extremely torn as to what to do. Should he stand in front of Fleshius to shield him from bullets? Or behind him because BULLETS? In the end he sort of zig zags and circles around anxiously. Beethro has his rifle slung under his arm and is just staring at the both of them in mild annoyance.  When the one man procession makes it to the wagon, Fleshius loudly announces his name, twirls his tire iron a few more times and then takes a bow for some reason.

Bill opens his eyes. "I found something. I think we should quit wasting time before another storm rolls in. Kill him, or get the other guy to manage him. The coward seems to like him."

Try to get a better location on the magnetic field while waiting for the others to sort shit out.

Its quite a distance away; you don't think you could focus in or localize it any more than you already have from this distance. But if you get closer to it, it should get stronger and easier to pinpoint.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2017, 10:35:04 am »

"Very good, Marcus is glad to have you along! Marcus will also introduce his lovely daughter, Alanna!"

"Sup."

"Now, let's get moving. There are children to save, and wizards to kill!"

*Hums yellow brick road song*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2017, 11:57:13 am »

"Yeah, you're right, we shouldn't wait too long.  Welcome to the group, Fleshius.  Tell you what, I'll put it up to you, as you seem to know that crazy guy.  Should we feed him?"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:42 pm »

Feed him? Why was this ever a question? Of course you should feed him! Helol be of valuable aid in hunting this wizard.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:44 pm »

"Okay, if you vouch for him, that's good enough for me."

Head out in the direction Bill indicates.  We're feeding everyone.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2017, 01:34:59 pm »

"He didn't help at all hunting the last one. Why would this time be any different? We shouldn't waste food on people who can't pull their own weight."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »

"He didn't help at all hunting the last one. Why would this time be any different? We shouldn't waste food on people who can't pull their own weight."

"I agree with you, but in this case, feeding him is bringing along Fleshius, and I can live with that."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2017, 06:07:27 pm »

Sigh eventually decides to just hide right behind Fleyshius, head poking out from behind the man to stare wide-eyed at Beethro.  He sqeaks and ducks back behind his shield whenever Beethro looks at him, but remains glued to the behind of his... whatever Fleyshius is to him, despite the obvious terror.

Stay with Fleyshius, no matter the danger, even if it means being close to the dangerous danger hunters.  Maybe keep the rifle out and ready, though, can never know when they'll decide to turn on him.  Edit: Also, giving Fleyshius the old pistol, and its ammo.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53