Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2213631 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

... damn, I wish I could write even a tenth as well as you could.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

... damn, I wish I could write even a tenth as well as you could.
I wish I could read as fast as you could. You must've read that in less than five minutes. o.O

Anyway, thoughts, anyone?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Great stuff, Talvi. I'm always happy to see not only another chapter in the story, but a damn good one too. Plus, it has my character in it!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great stuff, Talvi. I'm always happy to see not only another chapter in the story, but a damn good one too. Plus, it has my character in it!
Eep. e.e I forgot to run it by you first, sorry. >.< I meant to, but in the excitement of posting a new chapter it totally slipped my mind. You could still change any of his dialogue/actions if you wanted, I wouldn't mind a bit. Merp. >.< I'm really, really sorry - I didn't usually forget stuff like that.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eep. e.e I forgot to run it by you first, sorry. >.< I meant to, but in the excitement of posting a new chapter it totally slipped my mind. You could still change any of his dialogue/actions if you wanted, I wouldn't mind a bit. Merp. >.< I'm really, really sorry - I didn't usually forget stuff like that.

No, I mean to say that I am always honoured to see Reudh in your stories. It's all good!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I thought it came out pretty nice myself, and I feel put to shaaaaaame.

SHAAAAAAAAME.

Because, well, I'm sure you guys have seen my recent attempts at writing stuff elsewhere in the community games board.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I mean to say that I am always honoured to see Reudh in your stories. It's all good!
Ohhhhhh, okay, good. XD Thanks for the compliments, then. I still should've run the chapter by you first, though. I'll make sure to do it with the next one Reudh shows up in.

I thought it came out pretty nice myself, and I feel put to shaaaaaame.

SHAAAAAAAAME.

Because, well, I'm sure you guys have seen my recent attempts at writing stuff elsewhere in the community games board.
Lol, not really. :P I've been keeping an eye on some of your stuff, on and off, and it's pretty good! :) Just lurking, though - I'm afraid to get too overly involved in much for fear of getting sucked in again like I was with Spearbreakers... and then winding up with a book or two to finish. Thanks for the compliments. :)

I'm kind of behind on work because I had to do a lot of yardwork today, but I'll have another chapter posted tomorrow for sure.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Whoa, the new Vanya chapter is awesome...

I was going to finish my second interlude chapter, but there's no way it could compare to that masterpiece...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

@ Talvieno: I doubt you'd get sucked into either Angel Abbey or Carryscar. There's not much of a big narrative or anything in either, just that something horrible will inevitably befall either one.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, "masterpiece"?? :P Now you're just pulling my leg. lol   Also, I feel bad - I would've liked to read the stuff you were going to post. (Although I'll admit the whole creator/LFTON/009/dreamer/etc. bit has always confused me.)

Splint - that's what you said about Spearbreakers, and now look at it. :P You must've done something right.

edit: that's another reason I was leery of starting back - I always felt the length of my chapters discouraged everybody else.

reedit: been waiting for someone else to post so I could put the next chapter up without having to double post. :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:27:21 pm by Talvieno »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump for Talvi to not have double posted!

Keep up the good work bro! I always love seeing your work.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Well, I finished at least another part. I still have oooone more character to properly introduce in the next one...

I'm thinking of going back through my stories and Ctrl+H'ing the names of the weirdly-named Aspects for their 'phonetic' counterparts. The username puns are a headache :/
  • Lolfail ==> Erhail
  • 0009 ==> Tryonin
  • Nine ==> Aiei
  • Zedo can stay the same, but it is pronounced "zha-do"
  • And for the record, 'Idyllia' isn't related to 'idyll'; it's a more-or-less romanised version of a script I can't replicate (huzzah for dreams...) and is pronounced "Id-yill-ee-ah"

I'm also thinking of doing some art for my characters, but:
A) It will take a while.
B) It won't be coloured.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And here it is! Sorry for the delay, I went to bed last night before I saw Reudh had posted.

edit: wait, so I've been pronouncing "lolfail" wrong this whole time? (and the whole aspect/instance thing still confuses me :P ) Nice work, though - glad you posted it. :)

This one feels a little messily done.
Vanya's Journals, Chapter 59: Founder's Day
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:08:00 am by Talvieno »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I like where you ended that- how is Vanya going to talk her way out of this one? And who attacked the apartment, who or what were they after? Why was Trebor not at the festivities?

So many possibilities... is it Parasol? Ballpoint? Jacob? Find out, in the next chapter!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

While adventuring on one of my testing worlds, this little tidbit came up when I was fighting a bunch of gnolls in a half-razed captured hamlet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:45:27 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 815