Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209675 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Now, I'm personally opposed to positive radiation effects, but that's me and my physics course talking.

I like the sound of the suggested mods, though I would like to ask if it's possible to make new kinds of siege weapons, since some kind of super mass driver, or a giant slingshot to throw nuclear battery bombs at people would be pretty great.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Well, it's irradiation and then there IS magic, so blame it on that.

I personally agree with Amp, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Well, I admit I'm operating on the "fun" version of radiation which may not necessarily kill you.

Help or harm. Mostly harm though.

Seige weapons are sadly hard-coded, though DFhack has/had a plug-in to allow you to pick what you want to fire out of a catapult.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, the different batteries are a good idea ! May rename them as "Energy Core", not sure though.

For the "Jackborg", I had an idea close to this.
I was thinking of creating an "immobile drone" as a COMMON_DOMESTIC creature. There would be a special workshop to "specialize" those drones.
ex : variants could be machinegun, flamethrower, toxic gas emission, or full-fledged warmachine.

I will need to make some tests before to see if it is viable though. Then balancing will be needed if it works.

As for the equipment you proposed, I will add them to my list if no one object.

Oh, and yeah, never thought of positive radiation :p

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Well, radiation doesn't necessarily kill you, it takes a surprising amount in a short time even to bring survival chances down to 50%, and most damage from it can heal with time, the main issues show up past 490 rems of fast exposure, where organ failure becomes a major issue, or with genetic damage, which is caused whenever the radiation feels like it, and causes cancer or mutated children.

You could have radiation be just some unpleasant syndromes in the short term, but transform the victims into a subcaste that has mutated children, and some of them get superpowers.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not so sure about turrets/drone since those need to use emission attacks which don't always work the way they should.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking of "standard" radiation poisoning by using the new SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED tag. Each exposure would increase the concentration, increasing the effects. It won' be anything complicated, because the tags severely limit me :/

If I am to add mutations or weird transformations, it will preferably be caused by magic/chemical weird thing.

I'm not sure hair loss can be provoked though, I will have to look this up.

I have yet to run in a problem with emissions attack, so I'm pretty confident ^^

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Not thinking autoturrets, just actual useful artillery, rather than giant nerf crossbows and wiffle-catapults.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Splint said, we sadly can't mod siege engines. One day we may be able to create superweapons of mass destruction.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Oh, damn. I missed that part of his post, thanks.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I have returned to the forums at the mere mention of this thread in my inbox, after a perilous journey through the net.

Not so sure about turrets/drone since those need to use emission attacks which don't always work the way they should.

Agree with Splint on this one. *shudders*

As Splint said, we sadly can't mod siege engines. One day we may be able to create superweapons of mass destruction.

Although there are ways to make things along a similiar vein- Masterwork does a few nifty things. They have a 'landmine' type of thing that exists as a creature...

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

[points to poll] Can we kick that to the curb or should we keep it as a pet?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

All Most of the mods on my end are now in semi-working order. Now beginning field tests.

I like the idea of radiation sometimes having positive effects as a random bonus/easter egg, although it should be outweighed heavily by drawbacks. I think Talvi made a generator for something like this, actually...

E: Also, I'm a bit sad, because it looks like one of my favourite modding tricks (leaving LINE_OF_SIGHT out of an interaction so that it can target things through walls) no longer works. :( RIP banshees.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:05:29 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offense, but thank god.
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 815