Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10978 10979 [10980] 10981 10982 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13284391 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164685 on: April 18, 2024, 03:24:26 pm »

Fox News apparently was running some stuff about how because the eclipse had totality over part of the Texas border, that it was going to result in excess illegal border crossings.

I wish this was made up.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164686 on: April 18, 2024, 04:15:11 pm »

I mean, without those cool glasses, its not like the migrants will be watching the eclipse *shrug*
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164687 on: April 18, 2024, 05:18:09 pm »

That feeling when you're chattering to yourself while cooking and suddenly notice you've talked yourself through how butter would turn into a literal motherfucker (short answer: Adoption followed by relevant amounts of fornication, but it might require forming a micronation or something that allows the legal adoption of nonsentient objects).

The eclipse thing is definitely nonsense, though. Like, at minimum not along the path of the totality itself; folks inclined to actually attempt during that period would almost certainly do it somewhere else, banking on lots of relevant obstacles congregating over in the path. Lot more likely crossings went down regardless, lotta' folks trying to cross would be taking the time off to watch the thing, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164688 on: April 18, 2024, 05:22:05 pm »

I mean we’re putting more effort into thinking about it than the readers/viewers of that nonsense will.

Wasn’t totality a thing for all of four minutes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #164689 on: April 18, 2024, 06:35:00 pm »

I'm surprised Strif3 (aka Strik3r) lasted as long as they did because, upon making their ban evasion account, they openly admitted that they were a dodging account of Strik3r, a year or two ago. I suppose it was kind of a last-chance thing.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164690 on: April 19, 2024, 03:09:10 am »

Damn three people going down in one day, that must be a record.

And it just further cements my belief that the forum would be better off if we got rid of all the politics threads and banned the creation of new ones.

Also not really sure how to feel about it given I've had some pretty good interactions with all three of them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #164691 on: April 19, 2024, 05:18:12 am »

Writing for the adults who have to read the story to their young 'uns perhaps?

They should just do what Astrid Lindgren did and write about death and disease instead. That's why she's such a beloved children's author!
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164692 on: April 19, 2024, 07:47:40 am »

Bought some rose quartz and I'm having to resist licking it. My brain's telling me it should taste like strawberry and cream chuppa-chups.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164693 on: April 19, 2024, 08:17:33 am »

For what it's worth, quartz, rose included, doesn't particularly taste like food unless you've put food on it.

Rose quartz doesn't taste like strawberry and cream under normal conditions, heh.

Feel free to test, though. So long as you've cleaned it up first it's not going to hurt much as long as you don't actually try to bite it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164694 on: April 19, 2024, 08:19:05 am »

Rose quartz doesn't taste like strawberry and cream under normal conditions, heh.

You're just trying to keep all the delicious rocks to yourself.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164695 on: April 19, 2024, 08:25:37 am »

Man, I wish. Younger frumple would have felt less silly after the nth time of nibbling on something odd out of curiosity if the observation that followed was ever anything but "there's a reason we don't normally eat that".

Though in fairness, there's at least several different sorts of cords that have a pretty enthralling mouthfeel even if the actual taste is pretty bleh. I ruined so many headphones as a child...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 08:29:50 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #164696 on: April 19, 2024, 10:24:26 am »

Damn three people going down in one day, that must be a record.

And it just further cements my belief that the forum would be better off if we got rid of all the politics threads and banned the creation of new ones.

Also not really sure how to feel about it given I've had some pretty good interactions with all three of them.

:-\
Do these three poor guys have no rights to post on the forum forever ? I've also had some pretty good interactions with Maximum Spin , so I felt sorry and pitiful about it .

I didn't check the posts that caused the ban , so I can't judge what Toady do is right or not .

No more politics , that's right , there are always some guys got annoyed with the political topics .
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164697 on: April 19, 2024, 11:39:30 am »

:-\
Do these three poor guys have no rights to post on the forum forever ?

Yup. When it’s temporary we call it a mute. Lots of people who got banned tend to get muted for a prior incident first. Don’t know if that was the case with these guys, but maybe someone else can shed light.

When a person commits another offence after receiving a mute, it makes us more confident in the fact that they probably aren’t going to change.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164698 on: April 19, 2024, 12:32:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure Toady One has a strict three strikes rule. If you get three strikes, no matter how long you've been on the forum, you're banned.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 10978 10979 [10980] 10981 10982 ... 10984