Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 213464 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 25
« Reply #720 on: May 17, 2018, 05:19:27 am »

Squelchy "absorbs" the cobra into its body, digesting it. It then scouts around the area.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 17, 2018, 05:21:45 am »

"envious one, you know as well as I do the power you got was far greater than what you lost. Temper your envy with that knowledge, and that you can gain more."
transform, then learn what the beings of thought and flesh intend to do. Hopefully most of them will return to their normal lives as I go to explore and gain more knowledge and power.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 17, 2018, 05:24:24 am »

You make Shnapa say: "If this beast is tracking us, it'll probably catch up if we stay on land. I think we should hide in the trees and keep moving on by jumping from tree to tree." You then add: "This could even give us the opportunity to surprise attack it. If we work together, we should be able to take it down if it doesn't see us coming."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:27:10 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 17, 2018, 07:39:09 am »

((That essence was from the Elon Woods massacre and was obtained during combat, so he never payed attention to it.))  "..."

"Everyone, stay here and don't do anything suicidal. I'm going back. Keep the Lifetree alive and don't get killed."

Ask if they could at least spare some scouts to guide me back to the settlement and aid in saving the Arachnastinian diplomat that is still there, the children and women unable to fight.

Otherwise, go back alone. Make sure the diplomats don't follow me and that they stay with the Arachnastinians. Remember to use my Telepathy to scan the area and avoid ambushes or hostiles.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:07 am »

"It appears some sort of spell is amplifying my natural influence on my user. Veras, I need to know what kinds of spells you can cast. Attack magic? Defensive? Magic detection? Anything to strengthen Prias?"

Gotta know my options before I figure out a plan.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 17, 2018, 12:23:07 pm »

Go'Von
Now is an excellent time to retreat.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 17, 2018, 12:53:41 pm »

((Unclaimed essence, that means it can be split as necessary between me and Vel, right?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:08 pm »

((That essence was from the Elon Woods massacre and was obtained during combat, so he never payed attention to it.)) 
((I see, that's fair!))

((Unclaimed essence, that means it can be split as necessary between me and Vel, right?))
((Yep!))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 17, 2018, 02:28:30 pm »

"Of course."

Help Vel out of his armor, then absorb 1 unclaimed essence for myself and give the other 4 to Vel, bringing him to 6 and me to 5. He deserves the lion's share after that valiant attack.

"Perhaps we should rest here awhile. Some time to recuperate is in order after such a vicious blow."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:30 pm »

"I think I figured it out. And I have another idea!"

Split off five 1 HP parts of me and have them form a small circle. Have each one cast a different glyph and try to combine the magic (combine light and magnify, Dark and magnify, and a balance or stability glyph if I have one to combine the Light and dark).
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2018, 04:56:26 pm »

Next update tomorrow, I'm taking a little break :)

edit: Wrapping up some stuff with another game! Once that will be done, I will work on the turn.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:10:52 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 27
« Reply #731 on: May 22, 2018, 11:41:55 pm »

Turn 26:

Turn 25

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
((Your color codes seem to be broken in several places.))

It's prime time to explore the world once again!

You and Astrosa emerged from an entrance different from the one you used. A chilly and dry wind was blowing, carrying with it glittering grains of sands. The moon was high up in the sky, full and shining, giving the vast Copper Desert a silvery luster.

A warm sensation immediately filled your body as your new clothes and armors adjusted their temperature to the environment. Astrosa marveled at the suit hidden under the armor she was wearing.
"Woah. That's quite convenient."

You smiled, ecstatic from this feeling of newfound strength from the artifacts you obtained. Looking toward the horizon, you wondered. Where would you go next?

[Timeskip...]

Ulkas and Astrosa set out once more to explore the world and acquire more strength, now accompanied by the Assistant Liel. Did the trio headed toward...

1. A faraway Levemite Installation, at the behest of Liel?
2. The far north, searching for the fabled island of Ey?
3. The human kingdom of Fordania, to bring terror to the humans?
4. Toward the Ralao Mountains, through which coursed many tunnels leading to the depths of the Neodaemonium?
5. An unknown location, spurred by their instinct?

Furthermore, was there any particular activity you pursued during the journey?

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
((I just noticed it still mentions me dreamwalking, is this intentional or a mistake?))

The Protoquin

finish this power trip, finish it off

You hit once more, then twice, shattering the head of the Dandakara. No organic fluid spilled out, but you could feel some form of energy leaving the body of the being.

In addition to this unknown energy, golden strands emerged from it. Instinctively, you knew absorbing them would give you power. Your soul yearned for it.

+2 Lesser Essence. Transformation to Stage 2 enabled.

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy "absorbs" the cobra into its body, digesting it. It then scouts around the area.

You then covered the cobra's body with your body whole, digesting it in a matter of minutes. Filled with nutrients and Essence, you felt ready to go.

Full
+2 Lesser Essence

You then scouted the area.

Scouting:
Moderate (10): [16]
Outcome: [1] -Success-
The area was devoid of monstrous life, and everywhere you go, you could feel a hint of the Miasma Dragon's stench. The vegetation was intact though, and it was hard to believe this part of the jungle to be the territory of such a destructive beast.

You managed to find several slimes who followed your instructions. Telling them to reunite with the other slimes that followed you, you left to scout further ahead. Your group was now a third of its original size.

Flavor Roll: [5]
The stench of the Dragon was becoming stronger and stronger as you approached one particular area. There were even marks of claws on the tree trunks, as well as the clean bones and husks of many monsters.

This place was probably the Dragon's prime territory, you thought. Yet you didn't leave despite all the signs. Something compelled you to go further ahead... And you did. Moving carefully through the dense vegetation, as every parts of your body was urging you to leave.

Suddenly, all stench was dispelled and you emerged into a vast open area. The air was filled with freshness, and there was a great, crystalline spring ahead of you. The trees and plants there were like none other, vibrant with life and belonging to paradise...

A voice suddenly stopped you. You looked up, seeing a scaled monster curled up in one of the great trees. You shuddered: it looked exactly like the Miasma Dragon you fought, except it had no ooze covering its body.
"You. Stop, don't make a move. These are sacred grounds, where no violence must occur. Why did you come all this way?"

Nearby Monsters:
-an ooze-less Miasma Dragon?

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
"envious one, you know as well as I do the power you got was far greater than what you lost. Temper your envy with that knowledge, and that you can gain more."
transform, then learn what the beings of thought and flesh intend to do. Hopefully most of them will return to their normal lives as I go to explore and gain more knowledge and power.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your body didn't change as power coursed through it. But your mind evolved, grew and became more refined. Attuned to more power, you could feel more magic than ever inside your body.

"Oh yes. More I will gain..."
Fulminating, the Envious Grasper then left on these last, ominous words. You then inquired about the other beings plans.

Flavor Roll: [4]
Many of them were content returning to their normal lives. Most of the beings of thought remained dormant until disturbed, whereas the beings of flesh intended to head out to the cursed lands and fight or die for strength.

You then left, intending to explore the lands beyond, and possibly earn more power on the way...

[Timeskip...]

Azarian left the ruined village he woke up in. What would be his next destination?
1. North
2. East
3. West
4. South
5. To the hills the Ogres came from, as per the Shaman's memories...

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
You make Shnapa say: "If this beast is tracking us, it'll probably catch up if we stay on land. I think we should hide in the trees and keep moving on by jumping from tree to tree." You then add: "This could even give us the opportunity to surprise attack it. If we work together, we should be able to take it down if it doesn't see us coming."

Convince the leader:
Hard (12): [18]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

Ksharpa weighed your words, and then replied:
"True... that's a good idea. While we don't know the trees of this part of the jungle, it's better than getting killed one by one. And if we could ambush the Banera..."

Ksharpa eventually accepted, and you moved to the trees...

Banera: [20]
Makralians: [6]-2 (Group)

...a few minutes later, you all stopped. The jungle had fell dead silent. Everyone was now on high alert, probing the surroundings for any trace of hostile presence.

You suddenly saw it. A dash of crimson light running through the trees and disappearing at irregular intervals. You gathered together, sticking so close you could feel each others panicked heartbeat.

Silence. Everyone held their breath.

Silence. Ksharpa exhaled-

-a whip like tail strangled him and took him into the darkness of the jungle. There was a scream, then silence. A projectile came your way, and one Makralian caught it: Ksharpa's head, its eyes filled with terror.

One Makralian took a step back, losing balance. And at that moment, a strong impact on the tree connected to the branch it was standing him caused him to fall. Once again, the Banera emerged from the darkness and took the Makralian midair. A scream. And silence once more.

You heard a wicked laugh.

Five of you remain.

Nearby Monsters:
-4 Adult Makralians
-Black Banera: [Hostile]

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
((That essence was from the Elon Woods massacre and was obtained during combat, so he never payed attention to it.))  "..."

"Everyone, stay here and don't do anything suicidal. I'm going back. Keep the Lifetree alive and don't get killed."

Ask if they could at least spare some scouts to guide me back to the settlement and aid in saving the Arachnastinian diplomat that is still there, the children and women unable to fight.

Otherwise, go back alone. Make sure the diplomats don't follow me and that they stay with the Arachnastinians. Remember to use my Telepathy to scan the area and avoid ambushes or hostiles.

Plead for help:
Hard (12): [8]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-
"I apologize. It is a shame for Kelechikara, who was a strong Arachnastinian. But you will have to go alone."

You then left, having made sure the diplomats were forced to stay. The Arachnastinian officer understood, and took care of them.

You left for the Sylvarian Settlement.

Event Roll: [6]
Midway through, your telepathy picked up several familiar lifeforms. Civilians from the settlement. Your heart raced. Had they managed to flee? Were the Elemanoptera repelled?

You saw a crack of energy. They were pursued. You ran with all your might.

A young Psychic Spider was the first monster you saw. Panicked, it took him a moment to recognize you. Barely able to formulate its thought, it said to you through telepathy:
"I-it's there! It will kill us all!"

More civilians of all species emerged, some of them heavily wounded. You advanced toward the source of the light...

There it was. Devouring the dead body of a fallen Beast monster, who was probably a guard protecting the civilians. Countless bodies stood at its feet.

It was the large Elemanoptera you fought earlier, you were sure of it. It had grown crystalline spikes on its back, and even its claws and mandibles seemed made of crystal now. You could sense a constant field of elemental energy around your enemy. It spoke to you.
"You. Perfect, how I wished I could eat you."

Nearby Monsters:
-Elemanoptera Tri-Surger [Hostile]
> Field of elemental energy

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"It appears some sort of spell is amplifying my natural influence on my user. Veras, I need to know what kinds of spells you can cast. Attack magic? Defensive? Magic detection? Anything to strengthen Prias?"

Gotta know my options before I figure out a plan.

"A spell? Wait... you are right, how could I miss it?"

Veras: [20] vs 12
The mage uttered words making up an unknown spell, and you felt a small surge of magical energy coming from him. -2MP
"What is this... it is slight, but the presence in front of us is the source. A passive spell that increases bloodlust and dull the mind of anyone under its range. It's good you picked that up, the effects will become stronger the closer we get to it."

Veras muttered with a worried look.
"What kind of undead could be embedded with such as spell?... Ah. Sorry. I can dispel it, but that will definitely attract the attention of that thing."

Nearby Monsters:
-1 Unknown Undead: Hostile
> Haven't detected the party

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Now is an excellent time to retreat.

Escape!:
Hard (12): [17]
Outcome: [1] [3] -Critical Success-
You ran away with such speed that the Fleshbomber didn't give chase. You ran away successfully!

Flavor Roll: [1]
You arrived into another area of the great cave. A place filled with strange plants, some cross between fern and mushroom. This place was filled with dust coming from these plants, where they spores or simple dust?

You started feeling dizzy.

Nearby Monsters:[/u]

-Many!
-A lot of critters
-Some very dangerous ones

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"Of course."

Help Vel out of his armor, then absorb 1 unclaimed essence for myself and give the other 4 to Vel, bringing him to 6 and me to 5. He deserves the lion's share after that valiant attack.

"Perhaps we should rest here awhile. Some time to recuperate is in order after such a vicious blow."

You helped Vel take out his dented armor, revealing its rotting body underneath. Unlike you, he wasn't a skeleton, but a constantly rotting corpse frozen in its state at the time of its reanimation. Vel seemed much weaker without an armor to protect its undead flesh.

Then right after this, you told him how the spoils would be shared. Shocked, the rider answered:
"What? No, I cannot accept. At least make the sharing equitable-"

You had already absorbed one portion of Essence. Then you simply said: "Hurry up, it's going to disappear." Vel had no choice but accept your kindness, and absorbed the 5 remaining Essence.

"I am in your debt now. I won't forget this."

Afterward, the both of you rested for a while near the Abomination's body. Its leaking undead energy was accelerating the speed of your recovery.

Vel: [13]
Vel recovered 9HP
Slowly, Vel's broken body started regenerating to its original undead state.

Event Roll: [5]
After some time undisturbed, Vel had completely recovered. As you were preparing to leave for another prey, you two spotted a crawling shape moving toward you in a flowing motion.

You took on battle stances, and a being rose a few steps ahead of you. With no body of flesh, its spirit only held together by its ectoplasmic body, it was a Specter. It looked like a ghastly cloaked humanoid, with three vague moving holes to simulate eyes and mouth.

"Greetings, fellow unliving. This is quite the 'prize' behind you... judging from its wounds, you killed it yourself? I am Artomal, a gentleman looking for fellow gentlemen. May I, perchance, assume you would be such individuals?"

Vel whispered to you.
"An odd one... he doesn't seem hostile, but we can never be sure. What do you think about him?"

Furthermore, did you strike up conversation with Vel during your lengthy rest?

Nearby Monsters:
-Artomal, 'Gentleman' Specter Polite

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"I think I figured it out. And I have another idea!"

Split off five 1 HP parts of me and have them form a small circle. Have each one cast a different glyph and try to combine the magic (combine light and magnify, Dark and magnify, and a balance or stability glyph if I have one to combine the Light and dark).

-5HP
You started ordering your parts to form glyph, and Hinrab suddenly stopped you.
"Wait a minute! You are definitely going to attempt something quite big, right? Let me set up some protections just in case."

Hinrab took out several scrolls from a chest. Each of them had glyphs written on them, and he activated two scrolls. You felt several layers of barriers forming around you. Once they were set up, Hinrab gave you a nod.

Glyph Magic -Multiple Activations-: -8MP
[Light, Magnify] [Dark, Magnify] [Stabilize]
Hard (16): [15]+4 (Focus)
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

Your pentacle arranged bodypart-glyphs surged with mana. Then, the interior of the barriers layer were instantaneously filled with an equal amount of Light and Shadow. The two elements formed a dome split in two halves, one made of pure light and one made of pure shadow.

The light felt so light it seemed your body was lighter.
The shadow felt heavy and murky, weighing on your body.

Hinrab clapped, and then said:
"Oh! Congratulations! That's an amazing feat for a beginner, you are truly talented. Try writing a shaping glyph, such as a blade, a staff or a ball."

You could feel your separated bodyparts' cohesion wavering. They were quite close from breaking apart, and would probably do so if you used them to activate another glyph.

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:36:52 pm by Nakéen »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 26
« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2018, 11:49:27 pm »

((I would have struck up conversation during the lengthy rest. How does this normally work, do you play the part of Vel and we exchange posts for a bit, or should I just post an infodump and wait for next turn? Sorry if this has been answered before))

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 22, 2018, 11:57:25 pm »

Go'Von
Find a different cavern without the dizzifying dust and find a crevice in said cavern to sleep in.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 22, 2018, 11:57:34 pm »

((I would have struck up conversation during the lengthy rest. How does this normally work, do you play the part of Vel and we exchange posts for a bit, or should I just post an infodump and wait for next turn? Sorry if this has been answered before))
((Depends on how you want to play it out. You can info dump or talk normally, with me acting as Vel. Whichever you prefer! I suggest doing so in the same post as your action, so that you don't end up forgetting to post it later))
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 99