Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255139 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 5
« Reply #825 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:17 pm »

With standard inducements, you just get a single shot. Period.

With extended inducements, it throws in a recharge roll. That roll is +1'd or something similar with cheering fans. If you're lucky with your rolls, you can get a second shot if you use your wizard early, even without the fans.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 10, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

Mephisto's Fistos makes their god happy, by being turned into a sort of meat pudding by dwarven fists!

Not, much to say about this match, bad luck for the outmatched Khorne team ended in a severe beating and a 3-0 defeat by Bay12 Breakers.

The dorfs are turning into a finely tuned killing machine, probably somehow involving pressure plates and kittens.
I almost have 5 blockers with Guard, MB and Piling on. Fear my LOS!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 10, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »

I shall strive to counter it with sufficient quantities of CPOMB.

Last match remaining is hermes vs i2amroy. We're nearly at two weeks, how's it going?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 11, 2013, 11:05:55 am »

We're scheduled for tonight/tomorrow morning depending on your time zone.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 11, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »

Awesome, thanks.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 11, 2013, 06:53:47 pm »

End score:
The Forked Pies 0 - 1 The Other Kittens

End result was a lot of pushing around but surprisingly not a single permanent injury or death on the halfling team. Score was almost 0-2, but right before the end of the first half 4 halflings managed to team up and take down my ball carrier within a few squares from the touchdown.

Also hadn't realized that two of my nurgle warriors had leveled up from the last game, leading to two amazing rolls of double sixes and two very nice +STR bonuses for my warriors. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 6
« Reply #831 on: May 11, 2013, 07:00:19 pm »

Three ST5 guys with tentacles sounds totally hilarious/annoying as hell.

Matchups for Week Six:

AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
BYE vs ExKirby - The Blood Roses
Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds
hermes - The Forked Pies vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 11, 2013, 07:01:31 pm »

End score:
The Forked Pies 0 - 1 The Other Kittens

End result was a lot of pushing around but surprisingly not a single permanent injury or death on the halfling team. Score was almost 0-2, but right before the end of the first half 4 halflings managed to team up and take down my ball carrier within a few squares from the touchdown.

Also hadn't realized that two of my nurgle warriors had leveled up from the last game, leading to two amazing rolls of double sixes and two very nice +STR bonuses for my warriors. :D

Oh, sure, and of course I'm your next opponent!

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 11, 2013, 07:06:10 pm »

How unfortunate for the humans... ;)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 11, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »

Matchups for Week Six:

AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
Glistening Dementia defeats the Bay12 Breakers 2-0 in a casualty filled game.

I'm a little drunk, so can't really remember exactly how the game went down, but it basically involved a lot of armor piercing rolls by the Chaos Dwarves. When those didn't work, we used our dirty players to kick anyone who was down, and managed to kill a dwarf doing so.

Final CAS tally was 2 dead Dwarves, 2 SI'd Dwarves, and a BH dwarf. Chaos Dwarves took 1 SI'd Centaur (apoh'd from dead), and 1 BH Hobgoblin.

Good game Ank.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 11, 2013, 08:49:17 pm »

Here lies Japa and Forsaken
Fought elves and humans and orcs
But was at last killed by a chaos dwarf

Rest In Peace
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:13:47 am by ank »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 12, 2013, 09:24:07 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. The Forked Pies

The Pies get 760k in inducements, netting them Morg n Thorg, a Wizard, and the HMC. Khorne elects to kick. At that point, they realize that they don't actually have a minotaur to field, and are apparently down to 11 players, which will make the match against two treemen and MnT interesting.

P1: The Pies get 1 reroll via the HMC, and a quick snap. A halfling catches the kickoff and runs it behind MnT, who throws him over the line, right into the arms of a warrior and two beastmen. The two treemen only get push results. The rest of the halflings move forward toward the midfield from their backfield.

K1: After three players try, the ball carrier finally goes down. New TAB picks up the ball, runs it toward the catcher's side of the pitch, then fumbles the pass.

P2: MnT stuns a warrior. A halfling dodges into the Khorne side of the field. A treeman knocks out a rookie beastman. A halfling falls over trying to pick up the ball.

K2: New TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to the catcher, who heads downfield with a blocker. Speedy knocks out a halfling on the blitz. A beastman is stunned trying to dodge away from MnT.

P3: MnT blitzes the ball carrier down, but falls over himself.

K3: A wizard knocks over the blocker beside the ball. Speedy knocks out another halfling. The catcher stands up, picks up the ball, and gets close to the end zone, with LnS behind him to block, and a warrior nearby.

P4: MnT tries to dodge past LnS to get to the ball carrier, but to no avail.

K4: The Catcher runs in the score.

P5: A halfling picks up the kickoff. His friends begin to surround him.

K5: A few beastmen start to break through the line. Both treemen get knocked down. MnT continues to knock over rookies when they try to dodge away.

P6: Several Khorne players get knocked over. The ball carrier gets behind the big guys on his line.

K6: A blitz knocks the ball carrier down. The ball bounces around and ends up approximately where it started.

P7: Lots of moving, a foul, and an attempt to pick up the ball fails.

K7: LnS injures a halfling. New TAB fails to pick up the ball due to three tackle zones.

P8: A halfling is injured trying to get to the ball.

K8: New TAB breaks free, gets the ball, and tosses it to the catcher for the score.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 0 The Forked Pies

K9: New TAB goes deep to receive the kickoff. The Pies get two rerolls from Khorne via the HMC, and another from their fans. New TAB picks up the kickoff and passes it to LnS, who runs it downfield with a blocker. A beastman falls over due to double-skulling blocking a halfling.

P9: A squad of four halflings knock over LnS, sending the ball into his blocker's hands. A foul sends Fritz off with an injury.

K10: The blocker runs free and tosses the ball to the catcher in the end zone for the touchdown.

P10: With 10 men on the pitch, Khorne only puts 8 on the front line. The Pies get another reroll from their fans. A halfling gets the ball, gets tossed downfield, but lands badly and goes out with an injury.

K11: TAB picks up the ball, tosses it to LnS, who runs downfield with it and a blocker.

P11: MnT falls over trying to get to LnS.

K12: LnS runs in the score.

P12: A halfling fails to pick up the kickoff.

K13: After a rookie blitzes, TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to LnS, who muffs the catch.

P13: A rookie is knocked out by MnT. Halflings swarm around the ball, but fail to pick it up.

K14: TAB manages to get the ball out from the gaggle of halflings, but falls over getting it farther downfield.

P14: Some halflings stun LnS. MnT picks up the ball and tosses it to a halfling near midfield. A treeman falls over making a block.

K15: Speedy injures the ball carrier. The catcher falls over making it to the end zone.

P15: The halflings are finally caught committing a foul.

K16: Some blocks.

P16:

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 4 - 0 The Forked Pies

Thoughts: The passing game was rather solid this game, and it was the first time in a long time that I had advantages in most categories, and had my die rolls go well. Most of the lynchpin players dinged, so we'll see how that goes.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 12, 2013, 09:38:49 am »

Well, I was feeling really good for losing by only 1-0 to i2amroy's Nurgle, kind of the highlight of the post-victory season for the Forked Pies, but then ndkid's Khorne came and gave the halflings a more customary pasting.

They certainly didn't need no minotaur, as their star players had EXTRA FREAKIN' ARMS so can practically juggle with the ball without dropping it.  The halflings were mostly awed by this display of ball control, skills that would never occur to them even were they to smoke the strongest weed available in the Shire.  To their credit they tried to stop each and every touchdown, but may as well have made a line and cheered on the catcher on his way to the endzone and drunk a celebratory pint with him after the game.

We had possession maybe three or four times, and brought the ball to the centre of the pitch, but had no means at all to make it past the Khorne line.  Am I the only one who thinks that a thrown halfling should be an automatic touchdown?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 12, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »

IMO, if you manage to hit an opposing player with a halfling and hurt that player, your opponent should just concede. At that point, the score becomes irrelevant, you just win.

Match validated. Three games played already, thank you everyone.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 12, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »

We had possession maybe three or four times, and brought the ball to the centre of the pitch, but had no means at all to make it past the Khorne line.  Am I the only one who thinks that a thrown halfling should be an automatic touchdown?

Leave a player behind the tree on the Line of Scrimmage, and hand him the ball. If you successfully throw the guy (and he sticks the landing) he'll still have his movement, so he can try to run all the way to the endzone. It's only got something like a 50% shot to work, and that's if you get the ball to your man without incident and also clear any TZs off of the tree, and failure is quite likely to result in a turnover with the ball nowhere near any of your flings, but man is it satisfying when it does work. And ideally, the threat of it takes some pressure off of your cage.

You still probably lose because, y'know, halflings, but pulling of a zany score is half the fun!

IMO, if you manage to hit an opposing player with a halfling and hurt that player, your opponent should just concede. At that point, the score becomes irrelevant, you just win.

Match validated. Three games played already, thank you everyone.

I hit and stunned one of my own halflings in the FUMBBL league, does that count? :P
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 149