Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255138 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 12 - TT S3, W8
« Reply #1650 on: November 23, 2014, 09:07:56 pm »

I believe he means that the week hasn't been advanced in-game.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 23, 2014, 09:11:03 pm »

Ah, that makes MUCH more sense!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 26, 2014, 08:59:17 pm »

I believe he means that the week hasn't been advanced in-game.

I just double checked and the week was already advanced in game so everyone should be able to see/play their games

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:41 am »

So, coming back to this after a few weeks, I notice my team got 170k in cash and no pressing things needed to buy. Do you guys think it's best to build up a reserve of cash in case of emergencies and to keep team value down? Or should I pick up a fourth reroll or maybe get some backup Skinks? (I think that if I was most teams I'd get more then 11 players on my team, but it seems most of the time I do as well with 9 as I do with 11, skinks don't seem super critical so long as I got 2. Except for against the ratmen of course.)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 02, 2014, 07:16:09 pm »

So, coming back to this after a few weeks, I notice my team got 170k in cash and no pressing things needed to buy. Do you guys think it's best to build up a reserve of cash in case of emergencies and to keep team value down? Or should I pick up a fourth reroll or maybe get some backup Skinks? (I think that if I was most teams I'd get more then 11 players on my team, but it seems most of the time I do as well with 9 as I do with 11, skinks don't seem super critical so long as I got 2. Except for against the ratmen of course.)

Even on my bashier teams I like like to have around 13 players just in case someone gets lucky rolls and takes out a few guys. Skinks disappear a lot quicker when you play against developed teams so I would pick up at least one or two more. They won't raise your TV by too much so its basically a cheap insurance policy for when crap hits the fan in a game, xp. As for the fourth reroll, thats really up to you. I like four rerolls but they aren't always needed so its a toss up.

On a side note to everyone, both leagues will be advancing next Monday. There were some issues with the league advancing (Bloodbowl said it had it advanced, then it said it hadn't and didn't let me advance the week, then it let me advance the week). If you absolutely need more time let me know, I on't like setting games to draws this late in the season with the playoff race this tight, :p.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:18:27 pm by THE_SLAYA »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 02, 2014, 09:52:41 pm »

One of the nice things about playing in a league as opposed to an open play environment is that you don't have to minmax as much, which gives you some options particularly when it comes to depth on the bench. I'd say that whenever I roll with AV7 players (or in the case of Lizardmen, AV9 mixed with AV7 stunties) I like to have around a 13 player bench. Being able to field a full team throughout the match is a big advantage, whether your attrition is due to tacklers catching up with the skinks or claw brutes mixing it up with the Sauri. Or to put it another way, you say you can always win with 2 skinks; having 13 players means you always have 2 skinks safe on the sideline, so even if you get a bad run of dice and your opponent clears the pitch you have those two backup skinks left to make a game of it.

The only reason I might hold off on getting them right away would be to keep the MVPs going to the Sauri to try and get some more level 3s. If you feel good about being able to win with the Sauri/Krox as they are, then it would be good to have a couple backup skinks; if you are good at keeping them alive, you could develop the extras into situational players who don't need to see the pitch every drive (attackers with Catch/Sure Feet and so forth, defenders with Diving Tackle to hassle opponents, etc.) I rarely have that luxury, but then I've never played Lizardmen extensively in a league format.

The extra reroll though, that's a personal preference. I'd always say to buy a reroll if it will help you win games, by which I mean you regularly find yourself at the end of a half getting ready to try something risky with no reroll in your pocket. If you regularly get to the end of a half using that last reroll on the last turn, or even ending the half with a reroll in your pocket, then there's not much incentive to get an extra; would you rather have the reroll, or a pair of Bloodweiser Babes? (I actually forget how expensive Lizard rerolls are, but that's the opportunity cost you should be looking at.)

In general I find that my teams usually start a bit heavy on rerolls (3-4) early in their development, then when they get more skills (widespread Block/Wrestle saves on rerolls, as does any skill which gives you a free reroll) the team usually benefits from trimming a reroll to cut back on the bloat a bit. And of course, if you get a bad stretch where a bunch of skilled players get retired or die, you might want to pick that reroll back up again. It's a balancing act.

In playoff news, the Morons helped their case with a decisive 3-0 victory over lijacote's #2 Chaos squad. A bit of a dicing, with ba luck for lijacote and good luck for the Morons, but I'm still happy with some of the chain pushes I made to set myself up in case good luck smiled on me, which it did, particularly in stopping the first Chaos drive. Two of those TDs went to Scrappa Sore head, the star Goblin pogoer with Sprint and Sure Feet; on the Moron offensive to go up 2-0 he clean outran every other player on the pitch (failed a GFI near the endzone which made for some drama, but enough snots got down there to help him secure it) and then in the last couple of turns he made an obnoxious number of dodges, GFIs, and a pickup in an enemy TZ in the pouring rain to steal the ball and score again.

Speaking of Moronic victory, I don't know as that game has been validated yet, SLAYA.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 04, 2014, 10:39:13 pm »

Meh, go ahead and validate my forfeit match. Not sure when I'll have time to play this week/weekend, and I was having my ass handed to me by dem mummies pretty bad as it was. Like what, 5 injuries by turn 4?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 06, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »

The Daemoning! 2 - 1 Vidyagamsk

The game was a rather close one in the end. The Daemons won the kickoff, and were shortly afterwards forced into an apothecary use on the Bloodthirster due to a zombie foul (which got the zombie sent off as the only Vidyagamsk player to be out of the game for more than a few turns). They quickly scored to get the BT back on the field, but then were forced into a stalling game against the werewolves that only ended when Vidyagamsk forgot to blitz (though it still would have required a dodge+double GFI without rerolls had the blitz have gone through).

The second half started with a rather large scrum, but a werewolf with the ball ran around the outside of the entire thing, dodging and scoring on turn 10 to even the score (damn annoying buggers with their huge movement range :P). After that the daemons got the ball and the two lines slammed together in the middle of the field, neither able to make much ground. The Daemons, however, were slowly deteriorating due to the flesh golems in the road being unable to be pushed by the BT (who wasted my blitz twice in a row with his darn wild animal >:(). Finally the BT snapped out of it and got some hits in, eventually clearing a path for my +MV pit fighter to carry the ball out of there. The turn after a werewolf caught up to him, leaving me with a dodge with reroll that succeeded setting the score to 2-1 with only one turn each left in the game. After that a pitch invasion pretty much wiped Vidyagamsk off the field, and the Daemons threw a blitz+7 man foul on the flesh golems that both failed, and the game ended.

Part of the intensity of the game lay in the difference in injury rolls. The Daemons never seemed to be able to get anything more permanent than a stun on Vidyagamsk, with the only thing worse then a KO being something a zombie did to itself! Meanwhile Vidyagamsk kept rolling these annoying BH injuries on my guys, slowly whittling down my team until at the end I actually had less players to go on the field than them!

And Monk, I need you to lose or tie your next two games ;). As is I've got the tie advantage over both you and Raddish, but that 1 extra point of yours is gonna be my downfall unless I can beat your outcome on one of your games. :P

(Course the funny thing here is that except for the Raddish-SLAYA game in the final week none of us who are competing for the last two slots actually play any games against each other in these next two weeks, meaning we're all stuck sitting around wishing for each other to fail. XD)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 06, 2014, 08:26:52 pm »

Sounds like a heck of a match!

I don't know as I'll be able to proffer a draw as the Morons haven't had one all season, but I can probably supply some losses; last two weeks are against Norse and Necromantic, bad matchups for their respective Block and Claw/mobility. I'll need some good injury dice in those games if I want to keep it close!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 08, 2014, 07:23:59 pm »

Both Leagues have been advanced leaving only two more weeks until playoff time.

Week Thirteen Matchups for the main league are:
Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
Kanil - Shimmering Dragons vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
lijacote - Struggling People vs Raddish - Knives in the Darkness
RedKing - Khi-Keg O' Beers vs monk12 - Monk's Morons

Week Eight Training league matchups are:
i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas vs lijacote - Red Thought

I'm hoping to advance the league again next Monday or Tuesday so try to play your match by then. As always, let me know if there are any scheduling conflicts and may Nuffle be ever in my our favor!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 11, 2014, 11:45:31 am »

Me and lijacote played our game ending in a Red thought 0-1 Scaly & Lazy victory for the lizardmen!

It was, as most could guess, a very punching focused game, and a looot of defender downs happened, but despite that it was less bloody then one might expect, the only casualty was a single skink, although many many khorn worshipers got knocked out. Though, since non of them managed to get up they might as well have been casualties (except for those tasty tasty spp  :'().

The first half saw the khorns receveing the ball, and although their herald got into my half and avoided the massive fight in the middle he eventually was trapped by some skinks and lizardmen, and then failed a pass to a pit fighter. A massive scrum commenced on the side, in the end the ball was forced off the field and tossed deep into the khorn side, although a skink could have gotten it perhaps, the 'go for its' were not with him, and the half ended 0-0 after a few more punches.

In the second half the ball landed right in the hands of a skink and my lizardmen plowed forward, pushing his line back and sending quite a few more khornites into the KO box. My skinks fairly effortlessly moved the cage up and next to the goal line as the lizardmen and demons kept punching it out. Although a pitfighter and a herald managed to get out of the scrum and threated my skinks a lizardman followed them, koing the herald and securing the skink cage. At this the Khorns decided not to contest my victory, instead focusing on the brawl in the center, which he actually managed to pull back to his favor somewhat, since I was using about half my team to try (and fail) to suppress his bloodthirster. Despite a lot of knockdowns and a lot of bloodthirster blitz though nobody really got hurt in the scrap, and the game ended fairly uneventfully.

Also I think this means I'm going to the playoffs! Very excited!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:51:30 am by Criptfeind »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 11, 2014, 02:48:13 pm »

Hey, I just realized I posted the wrong week for the training league, xp

Actual matchups for Week Nine are:
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas vs i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers
lijacote - Red Thought vs Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 15, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »

Khi-Keg O' Beers got flattened (literally and figuratively) by Monk's Morons, 2-1.

Wound up with five injured and one dead (and that was after a failed apothecary roll). Even the presence of the legendary Yhetee Icepelt Hammerblow couldn't turn back the tide of ogrish fists, with Icepelt being hammered off the pitch twice and coming back thanks to regen.

Meanwhile, Monk's snotlings turned out to be accomplished anklebiters, getting at least three tackles on attempted dodges. And a fireball tossed from the stands at two ogres and snotling (which would have cleared the area around a ground ball deep in Moron territory allowing me to pick up an easy 2-1 score)....did absolutely nothing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 15, 2014, 03:02:16 pm »

The Morons did quite well against the Norse as the snots went to the KO box instead of the CAS box and Icepelt Hammerblow was helped off the field twice thanks to a fortuitous snotling foul and later a classic Feynman Smash! The snots proved to be capable ballhandlers and surprisingly durable in man marking situations, not only failing to die but forcing Norse dodges with no rerolls!

The Ogres continue to set the pace in the wildcard chase; if i2amroy loses to the formidable Elves coached by Kanil, then all that will remain will be for the contenders to jockey for position before the playoffs.

Now to see if I can't make my new monitor play nice with Cyanide...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 20, 2014, 01:36:31 am »

And that's the end of my shot at the playoffs. :P Kanil's elves just have this annoying habit of horribly losing the first halves of their games against me, then getting all the injury rolls in the second ones. Someday I'll have a team manage to make it into the playoffs and then actually stand a chance in them. *looks up at the skies hopefully*

:P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 149