Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255138 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 7 - TT S5, W6
« Reply #2055 on: July 05, 2015, 12:53:31 pm »

I'd like to announce my withdrawal from the training league. The Vorpal Vamps haven't won a single game all season (barring when they got what was essentially a free bye on the first week), the amount of injuries has simply become unsustainable (I've taken 7 permanent injuries, 2 of which force a rebuy, both on people who just leveled, as well as another on my thrall who rolled a skill upgrade), and I don't have a prayer of winning or even drawing my next two matches, and only the barest sliver of a hope of a draw on the last one. My vampires might be fine, but that's pointless if I'm running a team consisting of a bunch of 5 MV, 2 STR, 6 ARMR thralls that I don't have the money to replace (since my average take from each game has been about 28k). My congratulations to my upcoming opponents and may they roll well with the SPP from their byes.

I'll still be coming back next season in the training league and I intend to keep playing in the main league, but this vampire team has reached the ogre threshold and it's late enough in the season that I'd rather just wait till next to start an actual team rather than blowing their ability to participate in the training league next season for only three games.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: July 05, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »

We move for nobody 2-0 Mr Bone's Wild Team

This one was a bit one-sided, I'm sorry to say. Early in the first half, the undead team made the questionable decision to run their ball carrier straight to the front line and the skeletons protecting him got crushed. One skeleton even died on the first block of the game. A hobgoblin grabbed the ball and managed to run it in just before the end of the half. Three players from the undead team were injured, including one of the ghouls, the other of whom was KO'd.

The second half didn't go much better for our bony friends, by the time the chaos dwarves had scored a second goal the undead team was cut in half by the number of injuries, missing a wight as well as the ghoul and skeletons. The chaos dwarf team suffered a broken collar bone, but the apothecary cured it. There wasn't enough time, or enough manpower for the undead team to take the game by that point.

Notable injuries: serious concussion on the wight and one skeleton dead, the rest were badly hurt (unless I'm forgetting something). No injuries on the chaos dwarf team at game's end. A fair amount of bad luck on Mr Roboto's end too, regeneration didn't work once the entire game...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 05, 2015, 07:15:45 pm »

... amount of injuries has simply become unsustainable ...

... My vampires might be fine, but that's pointless ...

Your 18 casualties in 6 games is nothing compared to my 32 in 8 (with 7 deaths, too!) :P

Vampires are the team, so their health isn't exactly pointless. Thralls are free up to your first 11, and are the cheapest ST3 players when you want some more permanent ones. Still, better luck next season.

Update: Monk and I have played our ML game, ending 2-2. Monk made a 9 roll dodge/dodge/pickup/dodge/pass/dodge/etc play to score his second TD, and I followed up with a pass and some dodges through TZs to get an equalizer, the two highlight plays of the game. Also I fouled well, which is unusual for me, and for that, I am thankful.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:05:43 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 8 - TT S5, W7
« Reply #2058 on: July 05, 2015, 11:55:27 pm »

All matches have been played and the week has advanced!

Week Eight Main League Match-ups:
Kanil - Shimmering Dragons vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Aslandus - TOO SPOOKY

Week Seven Training League Match-ups:
MrRoboto75 - Mr Bone's Wild Team vs monk12 - Monk's Mjolner Makers
BYE - Aslandus - We move for nobody
Kansa - The Sickly Soldiers vs Kanil - Broad Street Broads
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S STRÖNGHAMMERS
Sinistar - Da Grin Party vs Criptfeind - Cript's Korinch Crew

I'll be advancing both leagues next Monday. Let me know if there are any issues.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:28:36 pm by THE_SLAYA »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:42 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 3-1 TOO SPOOKY

Pretty much as expected, the skaven got lucky several times with kickoff events and bad blocks on my part, but they still played a good game. HMC only took one reroll each half this time instead of two, but apart from one roll which changed double skulls into a hit, didn't make that big of a difference. With their blodge-sidestep combo, the gutter runners were a major nuisance all game, but the rat ogre and stormvermin were the ones bullying my team for the most part.

The undead's ghouls got an early lead by punching through the skaven line and running the ball in on turn 4, but the skaven quickly scored a point for themselves before the end of the first half. During the second half, the skaven got an extra turn and easily got a 2 turn TD due to the kickoff event (they were kicker and got the one that lets the kicker go first). The final TD was more of a slog, with the skaven managing to push through the defenders and handoff to a runner for the score. The undead were close to scoring another touchdown when the game ended, I wasn't willing to risk getting one of my ghouls injured or killed for a TD that wouldn't even get me a tie.

Notable injuries: none, almost no injuries at all

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2060 on: July 10, 2015, 01:34:53 pm »

Quick question - what's the deal with transferring your on-hand gold to petty cash? For several matches now I've been trying to do just that, but for whatever reason the game just doesn't register it. I write the amount in that little window, click ok - nothing. Tried that but with hitting enter - nothing. I think I run out time yesterday when I was mashing enter key, but seriously, should I really do hit enter + press "ok"?? Or is transferring money banned by this league rules in the first place? Or some other special rules?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: July 10, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

I've never had any trouble with it, but I don't really do it that often -- it's rarely worth it. Keep in mind that it raises your TV, and is taken into account before the free inducement money.

e.g.: Your team value is 1000, theirs is 1080. You add nothing, you get 80k petty cash. You add 20k, your TV is now 1020, theirs is still 1080, you get 60k petty cash for 80k total. To get more than 80k, you'd have to add at least 90k of your own gold (and give the opponent 10k in the process.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:55:15 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: July 10, 2015, 01:51:05 pm »

Quick question - what's the deal with transferring your on-hand gold to petty cash? For several matches now I've been trying to do just that, but for whatever reason the game just doesn't register it. I write the amount in that little window, click ok - nothing. Tried that but with hitting enter - nothing. I think I run out time yesterday when I was mashing enter key, but seriously, should I really do hit enter + press "ok"?? Or is transferring money banned by this league rules in the first place? Or some other special rules?

Petty cash is weird. Most notably, it factors into TV calculations before inducements.

Inducements are calculated as the difference in TV given to the lesser team; if Coach A has a 140k and Coach B has a 100k team, the 100k team gets 40k in Inducements, right? 50k is the target to get a Bloodweiser Babe, so the Coach B decides to add 10k from Petty Cash to Inducement monies. However, this DOESN'T WORK- the game recalculates to assume a 140k team versus a 110k team (100k roster + 10k petty cash) and awards 30k in Inducements, so Coach B is still stuck at 40k total. If Coach B really truly desperately wants that Bloodweiser Babe, he has to transfer 90k from Petty Cash- this will bump his TV to 190k and give him 50k in petty cash, but Coach A will suddenly be getting 50k in Inducements (since as far as the game is concerned he has a 140k team going up against a 190k team after Petty Cash.)

Is it stupid and dumb? Yes. Does anybody like it? No. But that's how it works.

EDIT: KANIL NINJA!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 10, 2015, 01:57:01 pm »

If Coach B really truly desperately wants that Bloodweiser Babe, he has to transfer 90k from Petty Cash- this will bump his TV to 190k and give him 50k in petty cash, but Coach A will suddenly be getting 50k in Inducements (since as far as the game is concerned he has a 140k team going up against a 190k team after Petty Cash.)
He actually only has to transfer 50k, iirc. You get the money, it just stops you from getting the free money in addition.

Is it stupid and dumb? Yes. Does anybody like it? No. But that's how it works.
This is completely correct, however.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 10, 2015, 02:16:13 pm »

If Coach B really truly desperately wants that Bloodweiser Babe, he has to transfer 90k from Petty Cash- this will bump his TV to 190k and give him 50k in petty cash, but Coach A will suddenly be getting 50k in Inducements (since as far as the game is concerned he has a 140k team going up against a 190k team after Petty Cash.)
He actually only has to transfer 50k, iirc. You get the money, it just stops you from getting the free money in addition.

Oh yeah, that's true. So it's not horribly useless if you have gobs of cash lying around and don't mind paying full price for your inducements it can be worth it, but if you're buying anything more than babes you'll be giving your opponent some cash to play with as well. I guess it could be okay if you have some wealthy TV efficient Elves going up against TV bloated bash and you want a Wizard for a playoff match or something, but yeah.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2065 on: July 10, 2015, 03:01:40 pm »

Huh. Well, ok. I guess it does make some sense in helping prevent the inducements spam or whatnot. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to do with what I have. I thank both of you.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 10, 2015, 03:32:28 pm »

It does work if you are the higher TV team and you are okay with giving them more inducement money. For example if a 1040 TV dwarf team went up against a 1020 TV human team, then the dwarves could spend 20k in petty cash and purchase a bribe, with the only side effect being that the human team now gets 40k in inducements instead of just 20k.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 10, 2015, 03:42:32 pm »

Aren't bribes 100k (50 for gobbos?) I think the only thing you can purchase in the 20k range is "Defend against your opponent using Bribe a Player or Potions."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 10, 2015, 05:24:27 pm »

So then it's mainly for gobbo or halfling teams that rely on inducements for their game plan, though it would only matter against a team they aren't low enough value to buy inducements against anyway...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 10, 2015, 06:48:04 pm »

Hum. What do you guys recommend for storm vermin levelups? I'm looking that excellent bbtactics site, and both the guard and killer builds look good, although I have reservations, specifically for guard, although I've not played a lot on rats, but I've gotten the impression that for the most part standing around fighting isn't a great idea, which makes guard less attractive to me then normal. For a killer build, I'm always leary of going for killing power over actual ability to win games after playing around witch chaos for a bit, although the site points out that skaven with a numbers advantage are going to do quite well, which sounds good to me.

But I was wondering if you dudes had any thoughts on the matter. I have two strength 3 gutter runners, if that would make a difference.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 149