Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6641 6642 [6643] 6644 6645 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14850037 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99630 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »

Oh yeah forum custom.
Welcome back, Vector!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99631 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:26 pm »

People came over, just spent the last 4 hours arguing over which movie to watch on netflix. Ah, friends.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #99632 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:10 pm »

A lot of the time that's more fun than actually watching a movie, especially considering all the terrible terrible things there are on Netflix to make fun of.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99633 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:51 pm »

I've just finished writing out the final draft of the rules and final copy of the map for a forum strategy/diplomacy game that I've been working on. It draws flavor and a degree of the combat gameplay from Battle for Atlantis, while the MP nature of it will (hopefully) encourage the sort of behavior that shows up in certain play-by-email strategy games. Better yet, it's very simple to process turns. Going to be posting tomorrow after sleeping on it.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #99634 on: February 20, 2013, 11:16:35 pm »

Anyone ever see that show Everybody Hates Chris? My lack of a tv service has limited me to a box-set of it. I stumbled upon this part of a episode and must share it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7Qsj3eX3k

Terry crews singing "I will survive". His dance skills man.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99635 on: February 21, 2013, 12:20:41 am »

After much striving, I got MGI Photosuite to work. This program is ancient, dating back to 1998, but it has an indispensable feature for the task I'm to set upon, which is sprite work (another skill I've let rust). It displays your entire palette as distinct blocks to one side, and, if you're working with a limited one (say, 256 or 16 colors), you can pick a color on the palette, change it, and all pixels in the image that were originally that color change along with it. It streamlines things immensely. If the program only supported layers, it'd be perfect. At any rate, I wound up having to install it in a 32-bit Windows virtual machine, archive the installed files, email them to myself, and then extract them so that I could use the program (which runs fine, even though the installer was apparently not compatible with a 64-bit OS).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99636 on: February 21, 2013, 12:29:30 am »

One of my instructors said a few weeks ago that he's never been sick enough to cancel class and we shouldn't hold our breath.

I just got an email that he's cancelling tomorrow's class because he's sick.

I also think my flu vaccine came in handy, because I felt kind of off and slightly sick-ish for a few days, but now I'm fine. It could be anything I've had before or been immunized to, but my money is on flu.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99637 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:15 am »

Oh yeah, I probably got my sleeping schedule back on track, and in the meantime I watched Master of the Flying Guillotine. Holy shit is that an intensely awesome little cheesy kung fu movie.
You might be interested in a movie called Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.  I'll have to watch that movie of yours, though, that looks like a blast.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #99638 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:15 am »

So today I realized I had never before actually run my most recent version of my erosion simulation under release mode (for non-programmers, it basically turns off all the handy bugfixing features which are enabled in debug mode; and thus slow it down). Turns out doing that takes it from 65 FPS to 155FPS. Which actually makes it a practical speed for running more simulations simultaneously, as it gives me much more wiggle-room in the framerates. :D

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99639 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:05 am »

After much striving, I got MGI Photosuite to work. This program is ancient, dating back to 1998, but it has an indispensable feature for the task I'm to set upon, which is sprite work (another skill I've let rust). It displays your entire palette as distinct blocks to one side, and, if you're working with a limited one (say, 256 or 16 colors), you can pick a color on the palette, change it, and all pixels in the image that were originally that color change along with it. It streamlines things immensely. If the program only supported layers, it'd be perfect. At any rate, I wound up having to install it in a 32-bit Windows virtual machine, archive the installed files, email them to myself, and then extract them so that I could use the program (which runs fine, even though the installer was apparently not compatible with a 64-bit OS).

Oh man. I hate to tell you this after all that work... but my go-to pixel art software, Graphics Gale, does defined color palettes like that too, though it also supports full-color. It's still in active development too, so it works on modern operating systems, and supports layers and alpha transparency, has photoshop-like filters and selection tools, and has an easy and intuitive set of frame-by-frame animating features.

I put together a quick demo of some of the program's features:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:58:26 am by Solifuge »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99640 on: February 21, 2013, 02:30:19 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTCr5Z-0lA

Takei makes an excellent peace broker.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #99641 on: February 21, 2013, 06:33:52 am »

Oh, hi Vec, good you're back (as in, you have time again).

Happy: re-reading The Diamond Age when having a 4yr old myself gave me an idea, and it has been an enormous success.

I am become The Young Lady's Illustrated Primer, 1st edition. She begs me daily to do a bit, and my storywriting/drawing/worldbuilding is barely keeping up with her hunger... Currently she's on her way in a caravan of camels, about to cross the desert bringing food to hungry Edgeville, which she bought using the gold she got from an evil pirate. Little does she know she and her friends are about to be set upon by a sandstorm, and the mysteries of the desert revealed... Anyone know any desert mysteries that could use some revealing?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99642 on: February 21, 2013, 09:23:06 am »

Yay Vector sighting!  :D
How's school/life/etc going?

In other happy news, I can haz new car! (Well, not new new, but new to me) In good shape, reasonable mileage, good price and really good loan terms.

Also, random neighbor dude wants to buy the car I wrecked.... ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99643 on: February 21, 2013, 10:07:12 am »

Happy: re-reading The Diamond Age when having a 4yr old myself gave me an idea, and it has been an enormous success.

I am become The Young Lady's Illustrated Primer, 1st edition. She begs me daily to do a bit, and my storywriting/drawing/worldbuilding is barely keeping up with her hunger... Currently she's on her way in a caravan of camels, about to cross the desert bringing food to hungry Edgeville, which she bought using the gold she got from an evil pirate. Little does she know she and her friends are about to be set upon by a sandstorm, and the mysteries of the desert revealed... Anyone know any desert mysteries that could use some revealing?
An ancient mummies tomb full of little puzzles and gold? But beware, for the old pharoh still walks his halls, and if he sees you he will curse you to live forever with horrible warts all over your face!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99644 on: February 21, 2013, 10:11:21 am »

An ancient mummies tomb full of little puzzles and gold? But beware, for the old pharoh still walks his halls, and if he sees you he will curse you to live forever with horrible warts all over your face!
A ruined city, toppled by its own magic and buried beneath the sands for centuries? Preserved archives, treasuries, and possibly an infestation of tribbles.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6641 6642 [6643] 6644 6645 ... 13312