A or B

A
- 0 (0%)
B
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 15, 2019, 03:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Lousy Gods  (Read 27384 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Lousy Gods
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2019, 07:55:27 pm »

Has it been stated how big any of these creatures are? I just assumed they were elephant size max.
...capable of crushing a man with their foot...
...They are also too big to be hunted by the apex predators, so their only threat will be mankind.
They're big.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2019, 01:46:39 am »

I make it a fundamental law of this universe that creatures as big or bigger than an elephant does not wish to hurt humans, and actively avoid harming them.[\color]
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2019, 02:08:48 am »

Create an apex criature with a slow breeding circle to control big herbivores populations.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2019, 06:17:06 am »

Create domain for myself - biome of unnatural evil somewhere in secluded mountains, with periodical violet lightening, rains of disease and  permanent thick green fog  granting living daring to enter creatures  undeath, creatures contacting this fog will be bound to my service, hope for some few humans to dare entering
The inspiration you draw from your last project helps you create your domain. Creatures who enter become undead and are put under your influence. The mysterious green cloud has potential to draw in daring explorers.
Ensure that the Humans can survive until they have built Fortifications, and if they’re too stupid to not figure it out from there, then there’s not much I canshould do. Once complete, try to balance the hideously unbalanced mess of creatures that we’ve created. And try to make sure they stop dying off so quickly.
6 & 2
You attempt to explain to the humans how to fight off invaders, but something gets mixed up in communication and one group seems to think the other are the threat! After a short skirmish, half the humans are evicted from the fortification and forced to create their own tribe. They will never forgive this betrayal.
You are too distraught to deal with the issue of animal imbalance.
create more flower worlds.
You only manage to create a barren planet orbiting the lone star. It does not have a flower holding it in place.

Make a variety of beasts.
A creature that has Chlorophyll in its fur, and only eats dirt, and only sometimes at that. Both herbivores and carnivores can eat from them, though herbivores don't need to kill them, merely eat their fur, though eating all of it dooms them just the same.

A predator specializing in eating the bovine's children, though it can eat other things. It cannot digest adult bovines, let alone hunt them.

An animal species that clean the giant herbivores' skin/fur/scales.

An emotivore that gains sustenance from human happiness. They help humans defend their homes and hunt, thus gaining their own meal. Their eating does not disrupt the human's emotions much.

I make the bovines have larger amount of descendants in order to survive their specialized predator.

3, 6 ,1, 5, & 3
Your first creature is a swine that is essentially a walking buffet. They are incredibly ugly, and they know it.

You create a feline predator that is incredibly stealthy and hunts in packs. It is silent enough to not be threatened by the sound-hunting predators, and has to constantly eat. While young bovines are their prime foodsource, they have no issue going after the adult, other herbivores (including the elephants), and even humans when they find them alone.

You create parasitic mites that live on the elephant's hide. They have a curious effect where they cause them to go mad and occasionaly stampede.

You create what are essentially good spirits. They feed off emotions, and their very presence has been deemed a good omen amongst humans, thus making them happy. In a way, they are self-sufficient.

The bovine now have litters of two or three. It takes them longer to grow, but it is enough to keep the population as stable.

Let's try this again. Fill the unnamed planetoid with metals of all sorts, iron, copper, gold, silver, mithril and a variety of other magical metals
Even with assistance, the task was quite difficult. In the end, you manage to fill the planet with rare metals, but none have magical properties.

Let's try to introduce the humans to more effective weaponry. Only stuff they can actually make themselves right now, of course.
Because giant kaiju monsters is a less than ideal situation.

Humans learn to make bow and arrows, and replace the stone tips of their spears with bronze. With new metals, and the knowledge of better weaponry, humanity surges into a new age.
Increase the intelligence of 1 herbivore, not the apex ones, so that it can learn to farm.

Create parasites that live inside of the minds of the bovine herbivore, causing them to accidentally place their young in lakes where the parasites breed.

Support the metal adding by adding or subtracting protons from the atoms of the planets without living things, that way if I mess up, nothing dies.

5 & 6
A species of herbivore, one that resembles kangaroos, suddenly becomes sentient. They begin farming the delicious corn that seems to grow everywhere, and even start developing tools.

The parasite that lives amongst bovine work as you desire, but they also live inside the flesh. Anything that eats them goes mad, and attempts to drown itself.

I make it a fundamental law of this universe that creatures as big or bigger than an elephant does not wish to hurt humans, and actively avoid harming them.[\color]

Elephants, and anything larger, actively avoids humans and their settlements. A good fix, especially since they are bow prone to stampede.
Create an apex criature with a slow breeding circle to control big herbivores populations.
3 You don't manage to create an apex predator, but you do create a canine that hunts in packs. They aren't very good, and only seem to go for elephants. Luckily a successful hunt can feed them for weeks, so even the loss of lives is fine.

Stability: 71%
Note: Stability can no longer go above 75%, and weird shit will occasionally happen.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:37:17 am by Wozzy »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2019, 06:24:37 am »

Gentlemen I know what the humans need to ensure their survival they need radiation to die more corn dogs.....                         yeah dogs.
Create some dogs and give them to the humans
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2019, 07:35:09 am »

Create some dogs and give them to the humans
Utilizing the canines that already exist, you create man's best friend. They are somewhat smarter than their feral brethren.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2019, 07:51:29 am »

give the new world it's flower.

Also give all flowers their own mini worlds.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2019, 08:00:56 am »

Ah, so they’ve divided now. I believe I can work with that.
Use the divisions in human society to drive both of the fledgling countries to compete with each other in a variety of fields as they attempt to be better than each other, driving both to new heights!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2019, 08:39:54 am »

Make a floating metal sphere about the size of an egg that randomly drops metal on the human settlements

Warn the sentient kangaroo species about humans and their tendency to exploit and kill off species
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:57:36 am by Naturegirl1999 »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2019, 10:31:01 am »

Gift humans in expelled tribe slabs with knowledge of necromancy and incantations to shoot balls of balefire - sick green flame causing things to rapidly age and decay

Knowledge is power, use it well

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2019, 11:08:53 am »

Gift humans in expelled tribe slabs with knowledge of necromancy and incantations to shoot balls of balefire - sick green flame causing things to rapidly age and decay

Knowledge is power, use it well
Could you really please not. This nonsense doesn't help anybody whatsoever.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2019, 12:25:21 pm »

give the new world it's flower.

Also give all flowers their own mini worlds.

You make less of a flower, and more of a thornbush, with little flowers on the ends. The barren world is wrapped up in the bramble, held firmly in place. It looks cool, but had anything existed on that planet, it would have died.
Use the divisions in human society to drive both of the fledgling countries to compete with each other in a variety of fields as they attempt to be better than each other, driving both to new heights!
Animosity increase between the two tribes, driving them to continuosly improve. While your goal was achieved, a future battle is all but assured.
Make a floating metal sphere about the size of an egg that randomly drops metal on the human settlements

Warn the sentient kangaroo species about humans and their tendency to exploit and kill off species

4, 6
You create an artifact that drops metal onto the two tribes periodically.
The kangaroo tribe heed your warning, and believe it to be a prophecy of the end times. They are fearful of humans, and, if the stars manage to align for them, will attempt to destroy them. This is unlikely at the moment, given how behind they are in technology and population.
For the second time, your plan backfires on the gods, and time seems to speed up faster than you can keep track of. That's right ladies and gents, you are all going to sleep for a few centuries, and the results of your long rest will be revealed in the next update once I fix my internet.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2019, 12:25:43 pm »

While you were asleep...

Planet 1
General planet health
The earthlike planet is undergoing a boom in plantlife. The invasive corn is stable, and biodiversity is increasing.

The two satellites, without any animals to recycle the oxygen produced by the flowers, have gone barren.

Flora
Various hardwood trees and other less interesting plants are growing all over the place.

Carnivorous plants have done very well. In fact, a new species have branched off through mutation and become...mobile. They are feral dryads now.

Corn is no longer abundant in the wild, but is a staple domestic crop for the kanga tribes.

Fauna
Bovine have become domesticated, mainly by humans.

Elephant population is dropping rapidly, as their migration paths have been blocked off by humans and they have been hunted mercilessly.

Swine population is dropping rapidly, as they are considered delicious by everything unable to hunt the elephants. Their uglyness doesn't help either.

Deer, the last unnamed original herbivores, have flourished. Their stealthyness and keen eyesight give them few predators other than humans.

Felines are stable, however their main food source (bovine) are being domesticated, and their other sources of food are in decline.

Dogs have exploded in population. They put a huge strain on the food supplies of humans, to the point where there are now feral dogs as well.

Feral dogs have replaced the canine species entirely, as they are better at hunting and don't focus only on the dwindling elephants.

The apex-hunters are stable. They hunt one night a month, based on lunar cycles, and stay dormant the remaining time. Most living things are aware of this cycle, and those that don't hide at this time are dealt with. They are a large part of sapient storytelling.

The spirits are stable.

The dryads have mutated from the carnivorous plants. They are ambush predators, capable of pretending to be a plant, piercing their prey with razor-edged vines. They are highly intelligent, but arr not sapient.

Sapiens
The original human tribe had a huge technological surge and has enslaved the splinter tribe, which had been nearly decimated by a highly contagious virus (you know the one). They live in great fortresses, and their slaves do most of the labor. They have a great relationship with the kanga tribes, who somehow have abandoned their superstitious beliefs, and trade often.
The kanga tribes learned to build walls and fortresses from the humans for protection from the apex hunters, but most choose to live outside the walls due to their natural stealthyness and keen eyesight. They have ended up turning the tables, and see slaying one of these beasts as a heroic feat.

Artifacts
The undead lands have become a problem...as they have become self-sufficient. The few original beings that ventured in there now venture beyond the lands and bring back the bodies of new recruits. The humans avoid this area at all costs, but the superstitious kanga tribes believe this to be the entrance to the afterlife. They bring their deceased to the foot of the mountains, with all their belongings (such as weapons and armor), and allow the dead to bring them in.

The metal egg continues to drop metals down to the human tribe, further expanding their growth.

Planet 2

The rosebush planet now has life! Somehow it has become a water world, with occassional islands, and there are now fish that nom on the algea that grows on the roots of the rosebush.

Gods and stabillity
Your sleep has made you wiser. Resubmit your sheet with two aspects (you can change your original if you want)

Stability: 75%
The world has been without your godly influence for so long, that it is in an incredibly vulnerable state for the first two turns. Acting within your aspect is recommended.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:42:34 pm by Wozzy »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2019, 12:38:30 pm »

Uh, did anyone make water? If not, what have the creatures been drinking instead?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2019, 01:28:22 pm »

Uh, did anyone make water? If not, what have the creatures been drinking instead?
well now that you've brought it up it's going to be a problem
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26