Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hearthperson stuff ...  (Read 2189 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hearthperson stuff ...
« on: September 27, 2014, 06:11:52 am »

Ask, and hopefully answer, your questions here

How many hearthpeople can you have?
What skills / attributes / behavior determines whether they agree to become your hearthperson?
What is a hearthperson anyway?
()==[:::::::::::::>

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthperson stuff ...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:12:05 am »

Hearthpeople are members of a group, like a bandit group or a site government, like the lordship of a town.

I do know that if you go to a bandit camp and kill a few people, the rest will accept your request to have them become your hearthpeople. So it seems you can intimidate it into happening
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthperson stuff ...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:10 am »

Hearthperson is your person from hearth... If bad thing happend to you, he will take command after you. If he agree, depends from fame, reputation, your membership, fear and... your social skills (the same who are using during asking for guide or join to adventure)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.