Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7960 7961 [7962] 7963 7964 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8764295 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119415 on: February 03, 2021, 05:54:13 am »

I'd try sending a polite letter to the new manager explaining the whole situation again.
Probably your best bet to try and get the job back right here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119416 on: February 03, 2021, 06:12:58 am »

Crap.. poultry is hard to take care when sick ans very suceptible. Do you took it to the vet already?

If the medication works it was coccidiosis (parasite that attacks the gut), if it doesn't it's likely a reproductive issue or cancer that isn't fixable. Really common in her breed due to being bred for huge amounts of eggs. And they usually slaughter them after a year anyway.

This morning she decided to escape her box to hide under my bed. I take this as improvement.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:16:24 am by Caz »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119417 on: February 04, 2021, 10:40:06 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:35:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #119418 on: February 05, 2021, 07:50:21 am »

Goddamnit, I feel like total shit, I feel like a complete outsider and I've (temporarily) lost my sense of group identity. Why, brain? I'm recovering from that bout of "outsider syndrome", which is why I'm saying it now, but it's a horrible trip every time it happens. I just want to sit alone in a pitch-dark room for hours on end when it happens. And I was just thinking of skipping meds tonight, but it seems like that's not happening, not with a destabilizing event like that.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119419 on: February 05, 2021, 12:57:48 pm »

India has forcefully occupied Kashmir for many decades. According to UN resolutions, solution is in holding referendum to decide the valley's fate. India has oppressed them against those resolutions. Still, it wasn't that bad. However, Hindu extremist party BJP has apparently made plans to commit genocide of Kashmiris to make it a Hindu state, so when referendum is held, the majority Hindus decide in favor of India. Young people and kids[\b] are being killed daily for being 'terrorists'. While there had been militants in Kashmir, there aren't now. But not only is India committing genocide, its also blacked out all media so they may not reveal their game of innocent blood involving serious human rights violations. Anyone who raises voice against oppression is kidnapped, killed, brutally tortured or raped. I know that because my relatives live there. As today was Kashmir solidarity day, I decided that I may as well play my part in raising awareness about this issue, to expose the true face of the 'largest democracy in the world'.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119420 on: February 05, 2021, 01:03:40 pm »

What the fuck goes on in the head of those people like India and China. How monstruous one have to be to willingfuly kill children...  fuck that is depresive.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119421 on: February 05, 2021, 02:09:26 pm »

I don't think the US kids in cages thing is really much better. We had our own openly genocidal, raping and killing children period of our history, too.

Secretdorf, I'm really sorry to hear this. In addition to raising awareness, do you know if there is something helpful that outsiders can do?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119422 on: February 05, 2021, 03:24:21 pm »

Could have beaten my high score for strumming within the time limit by a full quarter (at a guess), but once again I was completely hindered by the app deciding to not acknowledge I'd played the chord. Not once, not twice, but three times.

I had my fingers in the right positions. I strummed every string. The strings didn't buzz. The fucking app Picked up the notes and filled the bars that indicate the notes have been played. In a bout of what seemed to be little more than spite, it then went "Nah, you've not played it" so I wasted about 3 seconds on each chord strumming it repeatedly before the app went "Oh yeah, you played it, good job!"

The problem with this is that it's timed. If it wasn't timed I'd not mind it. Like, if it just chucked out random chords so I could practice the transition. They added an element of competitiveness to it, and then proceeded to shit on said competitiveness with this dick.

If anyone has any app recommendations where it'll give you a random chord for a guitar, listen to you play said chord, then give you another random chord without a timer, I'm all ears.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119423 on: February 05, 2021, 07:03:13 pm »

I am so fucking tired

so so so so so fucking fucking tired

tired.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119424 on: February 05, 2021, 07:54:19 pm »

Please vector, get some sleep.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119425 on: February 05, 2021, 08:12:16 pm »

*locks eyes*

*eats chocolate, drinks tea*

not yet. it's not sleep. math is just exhausting.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119426 on: February 05, 2021, 08:48:44 pm »

everything is spiders. -.-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119427 on: February 05, 2021, 09:03:37 pm »

when life gives you spiders, bake spider cookies
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119428 on: February 05, 2021, 10:59:01 pm »

When life gives you spiders you want have any goddamn flies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119429 on: February 05, 2021, 11:10:50 pm »

When life gives you spiders, remember you're not here to fuck them.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7960 7961 [7962] 7963 7964 ... 8156