Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1171765 times)

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Nu World: Hard Knock Were-elephant Life]
« Reply #3945 on: October 27, 2015, 02:31:37 am »

Werephant Vampire Shork Clone Wars: Episode I

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: October 27, 2015, 06:19:17 am »

Werephant Vampire Shork Clone Wars: Episode I

My iron front gate has killed a dorf, in an indirect fashion. I am proud now.

Awesome turn, keep it up guys.

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: October 27, 2015, 03:49:58 pm »

I've never been to the community board before, and now I don't know why! Are you still accepting signups for a turn? If so, sign me up!

Now, time to go read this thread :)
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: October 27, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »

I've never been to the community board before, and now I don't know why! Are you still accepting signups for a turn? If so, sign me up!

Signup?

I don't think you fully understand the level of organisation we operate on.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: October 27, 2015, 05:32:13 pm »

Signup?

I don't think you fully understand the level of organisation we operate on.
Organization?
What's that? Is it something you eat, or is it something you light on fire?

Also, welcome to CG&S.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: October 27, 2015, 07:10:27 pm »

I'll just assume that means I can take a turn. Grabbing the save now, then I'll get good and drunk... give me an hour and a half, I'll start posting.

I have a slow computer, so I may not get through a full year tonight. I'll post whatever I do get done, though.

EDIT: Looks like the save is corrupt. Shoruke, any chance you could resave/repost? NVM, figured it out. Here I go!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:23:11 pm by Bwint »
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: October 27, 2015, 07:27:46 pm »

EDIT: Looks like the save is corrupt. Shoruke, any chance you could resave/repost? NVM, figured it out. Here I go!

8)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: October 28, 2015, 02:46:13 am »

I started out with 2 shots vodka, chased with a SoBe Lifewater (gotta stay hydrated - and the b-vitamins are good for your brain!) I followed that with a White Russian (2 shots vodka, 1 Bailey's, 1 Kahlua) and, lightweight that I am, I am feeling AOK (in fact, I may have overdone it - where did that SoBe go again?)

I made myself a Manhattan (2 shots whiskey, 1 vermouth, dash of bitters) to keep myself going. (Finished the Mnhattan - started a berr and also a screwdriver ~1.5 shot vodka).)

I haven't actually gotten a chance to *read* this trhread, so everything in here will be a surptise. Here goes nothing...

Started 'early summer.' 29 idlers? No. Absolutely not. Let's look at the unit screen
i am so confused

Looks liek we don't have nay miners. I drafted all the woodworkers to become miners. you're welcome. Actually it also looks like we don't have free beds. I let one woodworker make beds on repear instead.

Aha! There's a whole lot of nonsense items outsied. Let's bring that inside - that'll tkeep those slakers busy.

'dumbo' o1&2 have transformed into werelephant. That's... probably not good.
No wait, theyr'e locked up. Nevermine.

Some of our milirai are growing attached to iron gear.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I started spamming masterwork silver abttle axesand warhammers..

Some migrants have arrived during summer, despite the danger. It seems there's a tradition around the name 'shork,' so I named them all 'wintershork,' after the season they didn't arrive in.

12th galena: Dug an auxilary staircase to the lowest layer o the caversn./ Alos went diggin for diamonds but didn't find any.

Well... fuck.
I think it might be stat boost shoruken. I added him to a burrow, and plan to wall him in. I t looks like we have planty of miliry twarws, so we're dogg. (Actually, his military skills are going rusty. We can't have that, so I let him free to practice with the rest of his squad! Hope he doesn't kill anyone valuable.)

a forgotten beast has come!
I guess now we'll see what our military is mad of... just as soom as we can dig a tunnel nearby.
We seem to have killed one of htose beasts. Nt entirely sure how, but we lost a handful of dewardw. (Edit: Found the opening, walled it off. They won't be getting in that way again!)

a strange mood! lucky us!

no-quality barrels are not worthy of Shovedmined, so I traded all of our booze and prepared meals to the carvan. Also all of our worn fclothing.

Another FB. And another~!

[mayor] has mandated the construction of spears. I'm... strangely comfortable with ths.

And ther goes the second FB.

Another FB arrived!

...and that's it. I played from mid-summer to mid-winter. Rather boring few months overall; had some exciting combat that apparently I missed entirely. Made a shiny bow and piccolo. Left my successor 3 forgotten beasts. Other htan that, though, everything's good: Plenty of booze and food, and I'm pretty sure I walled off all the entries to the caverns. Best of luck!

EDIT: And here's the save. Can't forget that! http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11237
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:07:51 am by Bwint »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: October 28, 2015, 03:13:43 am »

''Why is this miner brown? -Shoruke- has to be my favorite dwarf.

Also, I sort of plan to do a wrap-up of the Fire'n'ice Tacofort soon, like I did with the waterfort.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Nu World: Welcoming All Newcomers to Funky Town]
« Reply #3954 on: October 28, 2015, 05:41:55 am »

Bwint: Welcome to Funky Town. I am glad you decided to take the plunge and subsequently play a turn... I like your style!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: October 28, 2015, 09:32:38 am »

I'm gonna eat whoever dorfed me as random_reptile. o3o

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: October 28, 2015, 11:21:04 am »

It seems there's a tradition around the name 'shork,' so I named them all 'wintershork,' after the season they didn't arrive in.

New guy gets my approval, for sure  :P

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: October 29, 2015, 10:23:06 pm »

I'm underage, but I'll be getting my wisdom teeth taken out this year and I don't want to pass up this opportunity. ;) Would that count, or is it the same as the sleep deprivation discussion I remember from a couple years ago? Also PTW and I have a lot to catch up on :P

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 30, 2015, 03:23:31 am »

I'm underage, but I'll be getting my wisdom teeth taken out this year and I don't want to pass up this opportunity. ;) Would that count, or is it the same as the sleep deprivation discussion I remember from a couple years ago? Also PTW and I have a lot to catch up on :P

I don't recall seeing a final verdict on the deprivation/other methods of inebriation factor, Kamin or one of the other scurvybeards ere may be able to answer ye fully.

Underage drinking is not that hard though, depending on yer country, friends or other aquintances.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Camulus in no way condones the abhorent practice of underage humans consuming substances out of their own will, this thread and the bay 12 community as a whole can not be held legally responsible for the above statement.
Also, bunnies.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #3959 on: October 30, 2015, 07:07:23 am »

Tux:

We ended up deciding, later on, that drug use/sleep deprivation/underage use was dangerous. You are free to do what you'd like on your own time, and definitely feel free to download the fort! We just won't be able to use any of your saves (unless we host a spin-off, which is fine, as long as you don't do anything illegal).
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 341