Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560543 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10950 on: July 01, 2020, 11:06:25 am »

These morons.

That could count either way however. Virtually every actual moron knows his name from the constant television reporting. So ... we could say that Trump is less of a moron on this issue because he remembers the guys name, and Pelosi doesn't? Trump has memorized the guys name because Trump spends 14 hours a day watching FOX News (and CNN to see what CNN is saying about Trump) whereas Nancy Pelosi seemimgly doesn't watch TV at all if she hasn't memorized the guys name.

To not know the guys name is actually notable. Nancy Pelosi didn't forget his name, she never memorized his name in the first place, due to not getting constant reinforcement through the television, but she is busy working on a police reform bill in response to the protests, along with 50 other pieces of legislation and the election stuff to boot. That's ... not necessarily a bad thing. Memorizing stuff that's on TV and knowing all the memes isn't necessarily a good thing for politicians to be spending their time on.

If you're giving a speech in someone's honor, especially someone you're using for political capital, you might want to spend 5 seconds writing down their name on the note cards you're reading.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12:07 am »

Dont they know that they're tebowing wrong?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: July 01, 2020, 01:47:09 pm »

I'd say I feel sorry for the staffers for their bosses screwing up names like that, but it may well have been staffers who came up with the awful stunt featured in the pictures.

(That's one of the weird things with congressional members; some are effectively merely puppets for staff, while others are quite independent from them. Neither direction is necessarily the right one, mind - there are dumb members and dumb staffers both. Can be hard to tell who is who, even when one has access to the insides of the place.)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: July 01, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »

What are they doing wrong?
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: July 01, 2020, 02:00:53 pm »

What are they doing wrong?
I don’t know, it appears they are bowing to signify mourning for the dead, even if the name might be incorrect, the overall meaning is still there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: July 01, 2020, 02:07:32 pm »

The stuff they’re wearing is African stuff, they wore that to honour George Floyd.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: July 01, 2020, 02:14:21 pm »

It got some press coverage at the time - in short, while the intention was maybe fine the nature of the (edit: typo) presser made it come across as incredibly token, awkward, and half-baked. My understanding is that a Kente cloth (what the garb is) is associated more with honorific or celebratory tones than mournful or dire ones, though I am definitely not an expert.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: July 01, 2020, 03:38:01 pm »

Playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory, found probably one of the funniest scenes in the game so far.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: July 01, 2020, 03:49:23 pm »

It got some press coverage at the time - in short, while the intention was maybe fine the nature of the (edit: typo) presser made it come across as incredibly token, awkward, and half-baked. My understanding is that a Kente cloth (what the garb is) is associated more with honorific or celebratory tones than mournful or dire ones, though I am definitely not an expert.
Ironically enough, the event was at least partially organized by the Congressional Black Caucus.

Edit: basically, it was in good faith, it just came off weird.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: July 01, 2020, 06:53:50 pm »

The stuff they’re wearing is African stuff, they wore that to honour George Floyd.

And also they wanted to honor him that way without knowing his actual name.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: July 01, 2020, 11:59:39 pm »

It's also cultural appropriation, since I doubt they know the meaning behind it. "He was black, so we should wear some African cloth!"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:04:51 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: July 02, 2020, 12:15:28 am »

Ah, I see that now. I thought they were posing wrong or something
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: July 03, 2020, 01:17:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Knull", of course, being the Norwegian word for fucking.

And it's coming.

In that font.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: July 03, 2020, 01:25:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Knull", of course, being the Norwegian word for fucking.

And it's coming.

In that font.

And with the internet, it's easier than ever to see if a single word translates into other languages, with automatic detection. Unless it translates into something dirty (which is when you'd want to know).
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 879