Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69504 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 82 - The Ponzi Cult
« Reply #825 on: September 06, 2013, 01:11:13 pm »

((GAH FORGOT THIS))
Repeat what I said about fusing faiths to the lady. Be really eloquent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:01 am »

"Fine, be that way!" Shashari yelled, trying to swing herself back to her feet again.

"Just gonna figure out your trap then!" She could just burn the rope with divine power, but that'd be awfully wasteful.

"Coulda done this the easy way, but noooooo!" She should really look into carrying around a knife or something.

Try to untie self again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 11, 2013, 09:15:27 pm »

Go to da temple.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nunzillor

« Reply #828 on: September 15, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

Is this dead?  I like it so far.  Kind of a shame, really.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »

((Harry is just having college stuff busying up his day. Same with most RTDs run by college people. It ain't dead. :I))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 16, 2013, 12:38:24 am »

((Harry is just having college stuff busying up his day. Same with most RTDs run by college people. It ain't dead. :I))

That's rather accurate, actually. I'm hoping I can get an update out today or perhaps tomorrow.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 16, 2013, 12:39:54 am »

Ah, good! I was hoping that this would be still alive. *shakes fist* Gronok ain't done with Tezelom yet!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 16, 2013, 12:48:36 am »

Ah, good! I was hoping that this would be still alive. *shakes fist* Gronok ain't done with Tezelom yet!

Rest assured that if I abandon a game, I will give due notification first.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 16, 2013, 12:49:38 am »

Rest assured that if I abandon a game, I will give due notification first.
Good to know.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 83 - Basics of Deconstruction
« Reply #834 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:22 am »

Turn 83 - Basics of Deconstruction

After receiving an affirmative answer from his new friend, Phiali follows him over to his lodgings, which are located in an otherwise empty home some distance away from the festivities - whoever else lives there, they are clearly not home right now. The two of them ascend to the second floor, coming inside a refreshingly sensible room.

"All right, let's discuss. You see, you have yourself a faith - that's good. Are there any followers? And do you have any temples? Any gold? Resources? Leverage of any kind?"

Phiali wonders if anything he's done so far really counts in any of those categories. He's guessing no, considering that the best he's got are a couple of people who grudgingly said 'okay' when he generously offered a chance to convert.

Lars, knowing that there is still work to be done, instructs his victorious flock in the ways of ideologically plundering the enemy.

"People, there is but one last task yet before us.  We must tear down this temple, lest the unholy acts performed within contaminate this fair village.  We must cast down its stones and scour it to the sand.  Do that, and we will be in divine favor, and we may celebrate in the newfound joy of the One True God."

And lest they feel themselves inadequate, he throws a little intimidation in there as well, gesturing at the priest who is now mostly charcoal.

"Disobedience to divine command carries a high price."

The crowd seems to be okay with the idea of performing some deconstruction.

"Right, let's do this!"

It is at this point that they realize they don't really have much to destroy temples with, strictly speaking. At least not stone temples.

"Erm... maybe a night of limitless debauchery will help us figure this out? Eh? Eh?"

"No! Later! Right now, we must destroy so that our victory (and the debauchery to follow) will be that much more earned!"

With that, Lars places his fingers on his temples, seeking divine inspiration - it starts weakly, a little trickle of knowledge into his mind from an unknown source. It intensifies promptly, visions flooding rapidly into his mind - they, however, state only the most obvious of things - a battering ram might be useful. Or maybe just a whole lot of people with hammers and chisels. And rope.

1 MP spent!

Gronok, supposing that this must be Blessed Tritizima, goes ahead and speaks his mind.

"Say, I was in town and my religion has no real adherents, so would you like to join faiths? It's totally worth it, I assure you. Religion's a growth industry!"

The woman smiles, shaking her head and returning to her scroll.

Shashari, still hanging around, speaks into the darkness.

"Fine, be that way!" she yells, swinging back and forth. "Just gonna figure out your trap then!" she says, wondering whether she couldn't just miracle her way out of this. Can she even do any miracles? It's not like she's checked or anything. "Coulda done this the easy way, but noooooo!" she continues, making a note to carry a knife around or something. It's what survivalists do, right?

Speaking of survival, she really doesn't want to be used as some kind of cave decoration. Perhaps it's time to get out of here, but seriously this time. No fooling.

[Shashari strength roll: 1-->4]

Uh-uh. Nothing doing. Looks like her upbringing has done a fine job of optimizing her for being in distress.

Elizas, seeing how the deal seems to be done, follows the women out into the streets of good ol' Berikalam. They walk along the cobbled paths, making idle conversation.

"That person proved very agreeable. Quite unusual for his ilk."

"I think he might have been scared of us."

"Not entirely unfounded - the immoral tend to shy away from the faithful. Like light and shadow."

"He was lucky he was dealing with us - I am sure there are plenty of less tolerant individuals who would love to have a talk with him."

"In any case, it's all worked out for the best. Now we have a new temple musician!"

Eventually they reach a fairly large stone building with twin fires burning bright outside the main entrance. It doesn't look very old, and is very much built after the current style. The women quickly lead Elizas inside.

"Ah, looks like we are almost right on time."

In the main hall of the temple, which is rather small as far as main halls go, three women and four men of varied ages, all wearing gray robes, appear to be seated, with one additional man standing slightly further away. The one that's split off from the rest looks positively ancient, and appears to be impatiently handling an odd-looking zither. All of the gathered ones look over at the arrivals.

"Who's that?" one of the men, a rather young one at that, asks.

"Looks very foreign to me. From the south, perhaps?" one of the women adds.

"Care to introduce yourself, friend?" the leading woman asks of Elizas, looking at him knowingly.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 17, 2013, 10:35:20 am »

Is that the same as !!interesting!!?  Because !!interesting!! is FUN!

A battering ram... simple enough, Lars supposed.  He was mostly familiar with rams that went baaa, but the principle was the same.

"It is quite simple.  We need a battering ram!  A large tree trunk would do.  Beyond that, hammers, chisels, and rope!  It is only a matter of putting your heart and faith into your work, and allowing divine inspiration to take you all!"

Instruct the crowd in siege weaponry.  Attempt to help locate a ram.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 17, 2013, 10:50:55 am »

"In order: Not that I know of, no, no, and yes."

Use my last and only MP to conjure an impressive miracle to impress them.

"The God's power can flow through anyone faithful who has earned The God's favor."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 17, 2013, 10:54:16 am »

"In order: Not that I know of, no, no, and yes."

Use my last and only MP to conjure an impressive miracle to impress them.

"The God's power can flow through anyone faithful who has earned The God's favor."

You can't really cast anything visually impressive with 1 MP. At that level, you can only do targeted divining and extremely minor blessings or curses.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 17, 2013, 11:45:06 am »

Could I set someone on fire?

((I don't want to do that; hear me out.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 17, 2013, 12:00:01 pm »

Could I set someone on fire?

((I don't want to do that; hear me out.))

Not really, unless you do it conventionally. You can't afford God's Wrath, and blessings and curses don't cover that. However, if you want to negotiate a new miracle, we can do so.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60