Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to interact with items on reclaim  (Read 2048 times)

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unable to interact with items on reclaim
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

Version:38b
I can't find this in the bug lists but I don't know what keywords to search for so it's probably already known.
I recently started a new fortress and most of the population was swiftly wiped out by the local wildlife.
I abandoned when it was clear there was no hope.
when I abandoned there were a number of buildings set to build like walls and a magma forge which were not finished building.
When I reclaimed I fould I could gather up most of the items spread around the map fine but items which had been destined to be part of buildings can't be moved including my anvil.
It's not forbidden, I've claimed everything.
I've made sure the anvil is not forbidden.
I can't even dump it, I set it to dump and all my guys just mill around with no jobs. set a "normal" item to dump and they jump to it.

If this is known does anyone know a workaround?

[ April 26, 2008: Message edited by: HungryHobo ]

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to interact with items on reclaim
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

Just tried to re-reclaim
I played the region in adventure mode and picked up all the items I needed like the anvil and threw them at things and when I tried to reclaim again with a number of heavily armed dwarfs I got this:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
 Application Name:   dwarfort.exe
 Application Version:   0.0.0.0
 Application Timestamp:   47c12f36
 Fault Module Name:   dwarfort.exe
 Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
 Fault Module Timestamp:   47c12f36
 Exception Code:   c0000005
 Exception Offset:   002900a0
 OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
 Locale ID:   6153
 Additional Information 1:   b9ce
 Additional Information 2:   c0900383b1ce438acda002b13e6279ea
 Additional Information 3:   484c
 Additional Information 4:   0b7ed0ea4682fd67a756653ceb3e0169

Read our privacy statement:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »

I've found I cannot reclaim the site at all now without a crash.

Lairian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:03:00 am »

I have a similar experience.  I had a fortress overrun by 4 ambushes of bow goblins (curse them!).  Given that they had loaded dice and every shot took out a pancreas or stomach, they tore my pretty experimental obsidian waterfall tower a new one.  I abandoned with intent to reclaim.

Upon reclaim, I noticed that I had forgotten to check my obsidian works before abandoning (lever one lets in water, lever two lets in magma).  Lever two was pulled.  The obsidian works is on the second-to-highest ground level.  My dwarfs, even with no other jobs enabled, nobody in the military, and several dwarfs with all labours enabled, will not pull the lever to stop the inevitable whole-screen magmapocalypse, nor will they pull the lever that would flood in water (which would probably destroy the obsidian works, but would save the map).

tl;dr: they won't pull levers either on reclaim, in my experience.

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:35:00 am »

You guys know about 'd' 'c' to reclaim items right? Might need to be done for buildings but I have not reclaimed a fort in ages.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »

You should reclaim buildings (well, at least levers) with "d"-"c".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 02:48:00 am »

Yes, on reclaim all buildings are forbidden and the only way to unforbid is via the designation.

sq2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 10:22:00 am »

edit: *known issue methinks*

[ May 03, 2008: Message edited by: sq2 ]

cattentomus, "channelshove" a golden crossbow:
worth: 144000$ components: gold, gold and gold... hmmm

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »

I noticed the same problem in my .38c. There are a couple of doors, blocks and barrels on my map that I cannot move no matter what, I tried forbidding/reclaiming and dumping but dwarves just ignore the stuff. Designating a building or construction in the same spot results in 'cancels build: item blocking site' message.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 03:18:41 am »

Update.
Same issue in .39b. Reclaimed a fortress with 2 miners and 1 woodcutter that died from sleep in .39a and now I have 2 copper picks and 1 steel axe that are reclaimed but not-interactable in any way. I'll check this bug in .39c and upload a save if still present.

jjv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 06:56:30 am »

At least in previous versions it was possible to "shake" the items alive by channeling them so that they fall a z-level. It seems that after the fall the game re-registers them.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:12 pm »

Here is a save with 2 picks and 1 axe in the meeting area with a few jobless haulers.
http://filebeam.com/3695c801d464fe16051c6036558d49f7
No mods. There is a stockpile now under 1 pick and an axe, but nothing under the other pick. Multiple forbidding and reclaiming, setting dwarves to miner and woodcutter labors, designating for dumping with a dump zone nearby didn't help.

I guess that whatever flag an item receives when it is used as a profession item is not cleared on reclaim. Probably all items that were tasked (TSK?) in a specific way when the original fortress gets abandoned.

As a bonus - you can see how to get past double aquifer with just mining and a minimum of 2 z-level difference in different parts of the map. (single layer aquifer - with just absolute minimum 2 different ground layers)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 10:22:22 pm »

I've got a couple saves with this issue, but I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 11:50:01 pm »

Here is a save with 2 picks and 1 axe in the meeting area with a few jobless haulers.
Channeling them worked somewhat, though the miners did not want to channel the spot with the two picks, so I just caved it in. There's a gaping hole in your meeting area, but you can get rid of the items and refloor or something if it's important.