Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315338 times)

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

Here is a list of all the entity tokens(aside from the new VALUE and PERMITTED_REACTION tokens) that I have found in the raws thus far:

MERCENARY
OUTDOOR_GARDENS
INDOOR_GARDENS
OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS
EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME - takes the same argument as the START_BIOME token
SETTLEMENT_BIOME - takes the same argument as the START_BIOME token
REQUIRES_MARKET - this one can be found on the captain of the guard, manager, broker, and many many others
SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS

Also, goblins and kobolds now have KILL_NEUTRAL and KILL_ENEMY at REQUIRED and the dwarven militia commander has RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY now.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 03:20:04 pm »

The SETTLEMENT_BIOMES are the dwarven hillocks, which actually don't appear far from the home mountain (EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME).

OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS are from elven sites and seem to replace the OUTDOOR_FARMING from previous versions. Presumably you need either farms or orchards for civs to survive - goblins still have [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK].

The SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS look like they have something to do with the new demonic slade spires, which appear quite often in goblin sites in legends mode.

EDIT: I've also found these new tokens from the creature_standard.txt raws, including new usage hints for interactions.

Code: [Select]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SWEAT:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:EXERTION]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TEARS:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:EXTREME_EMOTION]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]

You can also use items for breath attacks apparently. That's something I really want to try out.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:36:06 pm by samanato »

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 03:38:12 pm »

The SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS look like they have something to do with the new demonic slade spires, which appear quite often in goblin sites in legends mode.
Ahh, not quite.  The SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS token is found on human and goblins civs and takes the argument ALL.  It would seem to me that the SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS token gives the goblins and humans randomized local site rulers/?guards?/etc. in the same way that the VARIABLE_POSITIONS token gives them law givers and the like.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »

I'm looking through the string dump for the new executable, and I'm seeing a tag I can't find used anywhere in the raws - ORIENTATION. It's right in the middle of some other caste-specific tags, so I suppose it's a creature token, but I can't figure out what it's for.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

I'm looking through the string dump for the new executable, and I'm seeing a tag I can't find used anywhere in the raws - ORIENTATION. It's right in the middle of some other caste-specific tags, so I suppose it's a creature token, but I can't figure out what it's for.
Could I get a link to said string dump? That would be really helpful. Also it's probably something to do with how the new facing directions are handled.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 03:53:54 pm »

The only thing that I can think of that may or may not work is making its flesh metal or stone.

That doesn't seem to work either.

For now I added a small amount of extra durability by making a new body part with the [UPPERBODY] tag that also has the [SMALL] and [INTERNAL] tags. Still, if it gets hit in the chest hard enough that organ will break all the same and it dies. Don't suppose anyone else has a better idea?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »

The only thing that I can think of that may or may not work is making its flesh metal or stone.

That doesn't seem to work either.

For now I added a small amount of extra durability by making a new body part with the [UPPERBODY] tag that also has the [SMALL] and [INTERNAL] tags. Still, if it gets hit in the chest hard enough that organ will break all the same and it dies. Don't suppose anyone else has a better idea?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't give it organs, then? [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER] etc. etc.
Does pulping just kill you "because you were pulped" or whatever? Or is it due to organ damage? If the latter, not giving the creature organs should make it invulnerable to pulping. If the former, I don't know what to tell you.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 04:03:33 pm »

From my testing so far, it seem that pulping results in the part "collapsing".  So if say the lower body of an otherwise brainless, organless, and bloodless creature is beaten on enough it will collapse, resulting in instant death.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 04:17:06 pm »

Try adding this for tissues on the creature:
[TL_HEALING_RATE:____]  where you fill in the blank with the largest number you can without the game crashing or without it seeming to wrap around back to zero or whatever in testing. I'd suggest starting with 32,765 (just shy of a long integer's max positive range).

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »

Try adding this for tissues on the creature:
[TL_HEALING_RATE:____]  where you fill in the blank with the largest number you can without the game crashing or without it seeming to wrap around back to zero or whatever in testing. I'd suggest starting with 32,765 (just shy of a long integer's max positive range).

According to the wiki lower numbers for that token result in faster healing times. Even if it is set to 1 any heavy damage sustained by the body part with the [UPPERBODY] token ultimately leads to pulping. Too bad Toady didn't add a [NOPULPING] token somewhere for this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 04:26:41 pm »

I would be surprised if DF used long ints. I thought every variable was 32 bit integer?
._.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 04:32:41 pm »

I would be surprised if DF used long ints. I thought every variable was 32 bit integer?
IIRC temperature has a maximum value of 65,000 whatever that an unsigned long int would have (from absolute zero to dragonfire at around 50,000 urists, plus a little head room).

But if lower numbers of healing are faster, it's a moot point for these purposes. 

Did you actually test it though? A body made out of adamantine or whatever = not gonna get pulped in one hit probably, which then gives it time to heal before the next hit. It doesn't have to LITERALLY be 100% invulnerable in order to be for all intents of practical purposes invulnerable in-game.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 04:45:52 pm »

IIRC temperature has a maximum value of 65,000 whatever that an unsigned long int would have (from absolute zero to dragonfire at around 50,000 urists, plus a little head room).

But if lower numbers of healing are faster, it's a moot point for these purposes. 

Did you actually test it though? A body made out of adamantine or whatever = not gonna get pulped in one hit probably, which then gives it time to heal before the next hit. It doesn't have to LITERALLY be 100% invulnerable in order to be for all intents of practical purposes invulnerable in-game.

Whether I have the material for the part with the [UPPERBODY] as adamantine or the material I made that is stronger than adamantine it ultimately gets pulped. This is even with the healing rate set to 1. A strong enough attack will just pulp it. I'm beginning to think that immortality isn't possible anymore or will require some very clever token abuse. I suppose I'll wait and see what mods the community comes up with.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:19 pm »

It appears that the list of goals to use in secrets has been expanded quite a bit. From the string dump: STAY_ALIVE, MAINTAIN_ENTITY_STATUS, START_A_FAMILY, RULE_THE_WORLD, CREATE_A_GREAT_WORK_OF_ART, CRAFT_A_MASTERWORK, BRING_PEACE_TO_THE_WORLD, BECOME_A_LEGENDARY_WARRIOR, MASTER_A_SKILL, FALL_IN_LOVE, SEE_THE_GREAT_NATURAL_SITES, IMMORTALITY. After that follows "Unrecognised Goal Token".  The last version had only IMMORTALITY.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

natural_skill of legendary +15 dodger wouldn't hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 247