Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 174590 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 4: March of the Titans [20/30]
« Reply #1020 on: May 04, 2016, 11:37:42 pm »

"It exists for a number of reasons, the first being my continuing - if largely unacceptable - effort to establish fair costs for godly actions. A principle that most of the divinities around seem to have promptly abandoned upon my foolishly revealing that abuse of the current system was possible. Granted, I've attempted to make my own titan, but simply out of the necessity of safeguarding my own worshippers.
HAK HAK HAK. MODESTY YOU LACK. A PROPOSAL I SPUN MADE TO PREVENT ABUSE TO SUCH EXTENT. OPPOSED; I MADE DO WITH THE CURRENT SYSTEM.
"I am literally a god. What use have I for modesty?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:45 pm »

"The second is to attempt to streamline this infernal process of fighting tooth and claw to get a single trait approved for a single creation, a trait that may not ever be used again, at least in the form it exists for said unique creations. It allows the gods to create more unique and varied creatures rather than forcing them to cobble them together out of a predetermined set of tags, but still allows for the benefits of the process - that is to say, disallowing blatantly unfair abilities or prices - to be carried out."
"The proposal system isn't to make things fair, though that can be a side effect. Did you consider it might not be good to have traits only used for single creations never to be used again? To my knowledge, this Bubble was designed (by whom, don't ask me) for simpler, more homogenous creations than some others. Too many unique creations would cause strain on the weave of space-time, causing the world to Tick slower, or even ceasing entirely. Fighting tooth and nail for everything is necessary for the world to stay orderly enough, as inconvenient as it is."

"It exists for a number of reasons, the first being my continuing - if largely unacceptable - effort to establish fair costs for godly actions. A principle that most of the divinities around seem to have promptly abandoned upon my foolishly revealing that abuse of the current system was possible. Granted, I've attempted to make my own titan, but simply out of the necessity of safeguarding my own worshippers.
"ACCEPTABLE, FAIR COSTS FOR ACTIONS YET TO BE DEFINED. JOURNALISTS NOT TO CREATE BEFORE CONSENSUS."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1022 on: May 04, 2016, 11:51:03 pm »

"Except the actions would be defined if the other gods would ever settle on anything. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 04, 2016, 11:56:13 pm »

Mischief solemnly nods.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 05, 2016, 12:19:48 am »

"Greetings new deary. My name is Sliva, goddess of peace."

Sliva shall liston to prayers and use 1 essence to create a rainbow over Elea.

"Oh law. What are these....things and why are they acting as such?"

Sliva shall transform into a dove and watch a random tribe of the Draki, with a disaproving look.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 05, 2016, 12:22:44 am »

Flue uses 4E to establish a personal treasury in Ur to use to hire mercenaries. Religious mercenaries.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1026 on: May 05, 2016, 12:37:07 am »

"While we're at this, we should some up with some rules relating to the growths of mortal populations. I would propose, for simplicity's sake, a simple multiplying factor such as 1.1*(population), with possible adjustments for environmental factors. I will not make a formal proposal yet, however, as I would like discussion on this rather than simple opposition or support.

I would suggest a simple bracket of 5-7 categories of environment, based on a general assessment of how difficult it would be to live there.

Inhospitable = 0.25x growth rate, high chance of destructive events. Describes a location that is exceedingly difficult to even survive, due to regular natural disasters, extremely deadly wildlife, a near total lack of essential resources, or some combination thereof, such as a plain of volatile geysers and springs of toxic water.
Savage = 0.5x growth rate, moderate chance of destructive events. Describes a location that is hard to create permanent settlements on, due to scarcity of multiple natural resources, hostile wildlife, or unpredictable disasters, such as a jungle filled with massive, monstrous creatures.
Hostile = 0.75x growth rate, low chance of destructive events. Describes a location more difficult to settle than average due to a scarcity of a single natural resource, abnormally dangerous wildlife, or occasional disasters, such as a plain on a fault line.
Normal = 1x growth rate. Resources are limited, but not harshly, with manageable wildlife and relatively rare disasters. A typical forest, for example.
Fertile = 1.25x growth rate. Resources are generally common enough to cover the needs of most, and wildlife may be largely docile. Disasters are rare and often manageable. A verdant hillscape with a river, for example.
Friendly = 1.5x growth rate. Resources are plentiful, such that poverty and starvation are rare outside of divine interference or incredibly poor government. Wildlife may be larger and more useful than normal, and mostly non-hostile. Disasters are rare and always manageable barring divine intervention. A dense rainforest with numerous useful plants and animals, for example.
Bountiful = 1.75x growth rate. Resources are essentially unlimited, with poverty being essentially impossible. Wildlife is often outright friendly to sentients. Disasters are unheard of. A lush valley filled with metal ores and overflowing with nutritious fruits and vegetables, sheltered from disasters by tall peaks, for example.

Having the Extremophile or an applicable trait that would increase environmental tolerance (e.g. Amphibious in a swamp) means the environment, if hostile, is effectively one level less so, e.g. Savage becoming Hostile.

Any thoughts?"
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:40:15 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 05, 2016, 12:41:57 am »

"Would the modifier from the environment be applied to the total of 110% or the actual increase of 10%? The latter would make much, much more sense, but can't assume."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1028 on: May 05, 2016, 12:43:59 am »

"It would apply to the increase. A population in a Bountiful region would grow by 17.5% per turn, under this idea.

Perhaps a base 10% growth rate is too much, however, with that thought."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 05, 2016, 01:31:33 am »

"It is not too much, considering the abstract length of a Tick, which is often several years."

((Fun fact: the world's human population has grown almost 400% in the last 60 years.))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 05, 2016, 01:52:50 am »

Sliva shall liston to prayers and use 1 essence to create a rainbow over Elea.
Code: [Select]
1.5: Gods cannot listen to prayers so as to reduce KJP's workload. [PASSED]

HAK HAK HAK. MODESTY YOU LACK. A PROPOSAL I SPUN MADE TO PREVENT ABUSE TO SUCH EXTENT. OPPOSED; I MADE DO WITH THE CURRENT SYSTEM.
"I am literally a god. What use have I for modesty?"

PRIDE BEFORE THE FALL.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:55:47 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 05, 2016, 03:30:12 am »

"I would Aprove your Suggestion on environmental stuff. "

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 05, 2016, 03:49:59 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
Spoiler: Gas Giant (shrouded) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:52:08 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • ĩ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 5: The Drollery Begins [21/30]
« Reply #1033 on: May 05, 2016, 04:11:23 am »

Tick 5: The Drollery Begins

Turtleonie Swimmer: "But I want to swim in the pool, not talk to mutants!"
Turtleonie Dove: "I will make sure of that"

Zurion has instructed the Turtle Ancients to train and guide the Turtleonies.

The Everymind has instructed the generic humanoids in various generic technologies.

Kyuu has created around 500 Telrac. (Kyuu: -13E)

((Kyuu: Race x4, Vampyric x4, Night vision x1.2, Immortality x3, Flight x1.5, Weakness 2 (sunlight) x0.3 = 25.9))

Charon has created a tiny music node named Rhapsody that constantly emits jazz deep underground. (Charon: -1E)

Mischief has set up shop on Gnu, making sure to introduce himself and information transfer.

Ascald has created a stone golem to protect the Keardai and encouraged them to migrate as needed to other inhospitable areas.

Isgon has arranged for Ka to be a fisher's paradise and has taught them techniques for the novel fish. Isgon has also created two elephant hunters. (Isgon: -1E)

Sliva watches the Draki as they go about their daily routine of eating, deciding whom to fight, brawling, bathing, more eating, and sleeping.

Flue has established a grand treasury in Ur to manage religious mercenaries, potentially stumbing upon the concept of an Essence bank. (Flue: -4E)

Axt has created the Pot of Greed in what is possibly the most extreme logical conclusion of underwater basket weaving. The Pot of Greed has begun generating coins.

Sliva listens to prayers and displays a rainbow over Elea:
Fae Safety Officer: "Could you order people to stop moving? Motion is impossible! Motion destroys safety!"
Fae mathematician: "Motion is not impossible! I can prove it with this square! Great Sliva! Make everyone know that motion is possible!"

A minor band of traders have set up shop in Ur.
Rumors abound of delicious brown sludge raining on isolated farms.
Careless children have started a brush fire near a Draki village.

New (i.e. future) prayers and purrayers have been disabled by a certain Council ruling.

No one this Tick qualified for influence income, will recheck next Tick. (max. worship income to qualify: Still -0.3E/t) Make a race! Influence is somewhat less reliable!

Suspended actions
(Mostly due to unknown/unavailable traits)
Axt: Crete 17 droplets (also here) (cost likely negligible (base of 0.068), in stasis to maintain some semblance to the rule of law)
Kyuu: Create 500 Telrac (also here)
Vir: Create 5000 tier one stone dragons
Vir: Create 1000 Mimics on Ka
Sollia: Create Jhannis the Delva
Ascald: Create the Eternal Champion

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Council resolutions
Spoiler: Council resolutions (click to show/hide)
Proposalog

Likely to fail
Spoiler: Likely to fail (click to show/hide)

Likely to pass
Spoiler: Likely to pass (click to show/hide)

Other
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Passed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Added (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 5: The Drollery Begins [21/30]
« Reply #1034 on: May 05, 2016, 04:39:58 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 135