Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 243269 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 1: Baked Cake Taken!
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2014, 07:00:01 am »

Varee
NQT
Varee, how do you intend to make the most out of Day 1?
Well...... First thing is i need to sort though this 6 page of stuff that pop up when i sleep and 6 more when i return home..... then maybe i can start forming some question....
I wait in giddy anticipation.

so whoever feel like they have time to give opinion: What do you think is lying too much. Is saying your internet broke down to avoid answering question?
That's pretty lynch-worthy. Even if you're town, that sort of laziness means you can't be trusted to make the right choice at LYLO.

TolyK, do you intend to let a mislynch happen today?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2014, 07:03:55 am »

Cheetar
To ask for the exact name of the role is suspicious. It leads me to think there is a reason you want the exact name rather than an explanation of how it ties in.
It's not likely a role-power thief would steal miller. Tiruin said she didn't know why Wuba had made her a miller. I'm contending that it should be bloody obvious from the name of the auto that gives her miller. If she'd said she knew why she was a miller, I'd have dropped the issue. It's only because she continues to make suspicious claims, I'm continuing to press. If I'm so suspicious though, why aren't you voting me?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2014, 07:08:17 am »

whoever feel like they have time to give opinion: What do you think is lying too much. Is saying your internet broke down to avoid answering question?
As a universal rule, players when citing RL as a reason have that reason as a sanctum for not being able to do 'x'. If your internet didn't break down--why even lie about it at all?

There are limits to how far your alignment will let you act, and pulling RL into the game of Mafia as an excuse, when it is not and yet used as an excuse, is far beyond any behavior that is acceptable.

The alternative is lurking and not saying a word for it. Because (see: Lie, cited above).

Cheetar, I'm trying to ascertain whether Tiruin is telling the truth or not about her claim. I'm no asking about anything that isn't relevant to what she's already declared. Do you have a problem with this? What level of scrutiny would be more appropriate?

To ask for the exact name of the role is suspicious. It leads me to think there is a reason you want the exact name rather than an explanation of how it ties in.
Nyuh.
I regarded NQT's poking as part of his persona, really. It matches how I view him--he pokes and pokes and pokes the curious specimen, going from tangent to tangent then delivers all details ad maxima...errm, as a whole--the subtle details left out in his interrogation process would show at that area.

And I do see my question on why you're asking it not yet answered, NQT

PPE Three replies, not two. Huh.

Tiruin
I'm Unlucky = Miller. [You show up as Mafia on inspects paraphrased]
Ok thanks. And is Unlucky a word that fits with your concept?
Yes.
...I have no idea. -_-
Maybe.
* Tiruin flops.

You said "don't inspect me". I can only take that one way, that you don't want to be inspected.
...Because I'm a Miller? And it'll show scum eitherwhichway?
Or was it my wording again? :S

No, I just taking the smallest efforts to check whether you're lying.
...And what basis do you have for it? Inconsistency? If so, go poke at it please. I wish to know.
Because short of asking me to roleclaim, that's where I see it going.

Because it should be obvious. Wuba isn't some kind of mystic poet: his roles and role powers make sense with the concepts he's given and should be clear to the person who sent the role in.
Eeeeeyeeaaahh.
He's some kind of mystic poet on why he picked that name :v It is irrelevant, however.

How is this relevant to what I'm asking? I'm trying to ascertain whether you're telling lies and you're not filling me with much confidence.
:\
Looking at the trivial piece of snippings to the coupon does not make the coupon invalid. It makes you feel it is but your confidence, by this, seems based on every word I say then? It was relevant in a way that I checked your word of:
    I actually just wanted to know whether it fit in with the rolename. If you'd have said 'yes, it fits with the role' then I'd have probably dropped it. Now I want to know what the role-power name is that gives you miller.
This.
Because seriously. I have no idea why I have that term. I focused more that it designates me as Mafia when inspected rather than the term itself.

Are you making the notice that you may have something attached to the names of things more obvious or what? That is a valid ability seen before, by the way.

Thank you for answering one of my two questions. Now could you tell me whether 'Unlucky' is an appropriate power name for the role you sent in?

To make sure I'm super clear, here are three pairs of role names and role power names. Can you spot which one is inappropriate?

NECROMANCER
Raise Dead (night) - blah blah

BUNNY
Chartered Accountancy (auto) - blah blah

THE PACIFIC OCEAN
Tsunami (one-shot) - blah blah
...Well, a Tsunami usually has aftershocks related to it and the pacific ocean is more Ocean rather than the oceanic crust the energy originates from so I'd go with Tsunami.

Necromancers raise dead due to etymology of the principle/name and it is possible for a Bunny to have the intellectual ability, as an Automatic power, to perform Accountancy. In its own way, anyway.

But seriously: It's the bunny. Though it may make sense in that manner how the bunny may be able to [Chartered Accountancy]

My best guess is Wubbawubs chose Unlucky because of some historical data I had no idea about in that role. In these matters: I HAVE NO IDEA! Dx

There's a difference between feigning falsities and actually admitting that you have no idea regarding whatever falsehood is presented or implied in the context presented to you and I'm of the latter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2014, 07:13:15 am »

Edit: Re-re-redid my research.
The concept of being Lucky or not in accordance with my role lies in the sphere of interpretation rather than a distinct and tangible fact. "Common" (though I doubt it, pertaining to a more 'elder' belief rather) in other countries that aren't the Philippines.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2014, 07:18:33 am »

Cheetar
It's not likely a role-power thief would steal miller. Tiruin said she didn't know why Wuba had made her a miller. I'm contending that it should be bloody obvious from the name of the auto that gives her miller. If she'd said she knew why she was a miller, I'd have dropped the issue. It's only because she continues to make suspicious claims, I'm continuing to press. If I'm so suspicious though, why aren't you voting me?

I'm not sure how exactly a scum would benefit from affecting Tiruin's miller auto in some way. I just think there's more to it than wondering why Tiruin was given miller. Do you think I need to vote for you? Is there not enough pressure for you to answer adequately without a vote?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2014, 07:24:43 am »

Cheetar
Do you think I need to vote for you? Is there not enough pressure for you to answer adequately without a vote?
Saying I'm 'suspicious' is empty if you don't think it's worth lynching over. I'm going to answer your questions regardless of whether you think me suspicious.

Tiruin
OK. You've show sufficient engagement with the question that I now believe your claim. Unvote.

Wolf
In the absence of any other tells, is it okay for us to quicklynch you before you have a chance to enact some complex gambit? Don't tell me you're not tempted by gambits.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2014, 07:53:33 am »

Depends on what you mean by mislynch exactly, but most likely not. If I knew the subject was town (godfathers?!) then I would prevent it by all means.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2014, 08:01:42 am »

Cheetar
Do you think I need to vote for you? Is there not enough pressure for you to answer adequately without a vote?
Saying I'm 'suspicious' is empty if you don't think it's worth lynching over. I'm going to answer your questions regardless of whether you think me suspicious.

I think registering suspicion is important. If something sticks out to me, I'll note it publicly. Perhaps I should be keeping a journal with your name in it and a love heart next to it and have written all the times I've thought of you, but posting in this thread is the way I've chosen to record my thoughts & suspicions.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2014, 08:06:17 am »

Tolyk
Depends on what you mean by mislynch exactly, but most likely not.
A mislynch=member of the town being lynched. Most likely not? So a little bit likely to?

Cheetar
OK, I think looking back I was overstating my point. Do you intend to converse with everyone on Day 1?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2014, 08:07:09 am »

Tiruin
OK. You've show sufficient engagement with the question that I now believe your claim. Unvote.
B-but..my questions.
What about the answers to my questions ._.

Depends on what you mean by mislynch exactly, but most likely not. If I knew the subject was town (godfathers?!) then I would prevent it by all means.
...There are multiple definitions of mislynch other than the obvious?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2014, 08:11:13 am »

Cheetar
OK, I think looking back I was overstating my point. Do you intend to converse with everyone on Day 1?

All 16 other people? No. I can't do this all on my own- I'm no Superman.
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2014, 09:05:26 am »

Tolyk
Depends on what you mean by mislynch exactly, but most likely not.
A mislynch=member of the town being lynched. Most likely not? So a little bit likely to?
It could possibly be bad to do so - if I think someone is town but that would require revealing my role in a dangerous situation (where my role could do better for later), then I might not risk myself for someone else.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2014, 09:07:03 am »

pfp

What questions, Tiruin? What was left unanswered?

OK Cheet. I usually do, but I might not as I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Interesting Toly. Do you have any questions for me?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2014, 09:48:33 am »

Wolf
In the absence of any other tells, is it okay for us to quicklynch you before you have a chance to enact some complex gambit? Don't tell me you're not tempted by gambits.
I guess you can.  I'm not that invested in staying alive this game, so in the absence of other tells, I offer myself as tribute.
I'm not tempted by... oh who am I kidding, I live for complex gambits.  Of course, past experience has proven them ineffective, but still.

Also, Cheetar, what is this silliness about claiming after instead of before?
4maskwolf: Out of all of Cheeetar's lynch push, this is what you latch on to?  The bit where he shows cluelessness about how the game works?  Please explain how this specific part of Cheeetar's argument indicates scumhood.
It's called a random vote.  I was prying for more specifics on why Cheeetar believed that claiming miller after an investigation was a null tell but claiming before was a scumtell.  I believe the exact opposite: claiming miller day one is a good idea in games.  I see it as a null tell: I'll still lynch them if they act suspicious, but I won't put their lynch before anyone else's.

I seem to remember Tiruin dropping a massive question on me, let me see if I can find it...

4maskwolf: Right, this is where I bring that question back again. In the situation of being chided or seemingly being faced with abrasiveness, do you think it is better to act proactively or act reactively? As in, the former being a response which is calm and collected versus the response that lies with emotions and has more 'impact' in a sense?
Heh, the question looked bigger on my ipod.  Which is better?  Calm and collected.  Which am I likely to do?  Emotional.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2014, 10:06:44 am »

Interesting Toly. Do you have any questions for me?
Yes - why the question initially?
Also, do you think the miller discussion was all that necessary?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 123