Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1086189 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4605 on: August 14, 2015, 08:51:14 am »

((They were looking to make a sunscreen pill derived from coral, but since the articles are old I don't think it went anywhere.  Still cool, though.))

"Thanks, Zero."

Can I simulate upgrades here?  That table I had helped at some point.  Can we simulate the helpfulness of making that same thing with an additional rank of power versus an additional rank of control?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: August 14, 2015, 09:31:53 am »

Kick the blasted wall. Hard.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4607 on: August 14, 2015, 09:49:25 am »

((They were looking to make a sunscreen pill derived from coral, but since the articles are old I don't think it went anywhere.  Still cool, though.))

"Thanks, Zero."

Can I simulate upgrades here?  That table I had helped at some point.  Can we simulate the helpfulness of making that same thing with an additional rank of power versus an additional rank of control?
((Ah, and there I thought I had an original idea.))

Sure, just wish for it. One level of Power would certainly make things a lot better. Two levels might be pushing it, but it would make things really good and a bit quicker, provided you don't overdo it. Three levels is just asking for an accidental earth-shattering kaboom.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: August 14, 2015, 09:58:50 am »

"So, what you're saying is...I've been brought here to compete....in the Alien Space Olympics."

"And you're my sponsor."
<Yes! Exactly!>

<But also completely wrong in almost every way!>

Yep, she's really enjoying this.

George facepalms once again, a poor attempt at hiding his frustration.  I need to find someone else to talk to.  She's just giving me a headache.  Hopefully the disembodied voice can't follow me.

Walk out of my cave and look around.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:04:10 am by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: August 14, 2015, 10:46:52 am »

"And now I think I'm good!"

Read newspaper.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: August 14, 2015, 11:07:41 am »

Sure, just wish for it. One level of Power would certainly make things a lot better. Two levels might be pushing it, but it would make things really good and a bit quicker, provided you don't overdo it. Three levels is just asking for an accidental earth-shattering kaboom.

((We'll do that, then.  Also, there's a reason I'm trying not to let power get too far ahead of control...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: August 14, 2015, 01:13:28 pm »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: August 14, 2015, 09:07:21 pm »

"Heh. Heh heh heh."
Start lasering the arms off of all of the mannequins, starting with the closest ones. Continue to not laser my teammates. Yet.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: August 14, 2015, 09:41:17 pm »

(I updated the Special People Tvtropes page a bit.  I tried adding info for every character I knew about, but I don't know everybody's powers, so several characters are still empty)

EDIT: (Akkudakku's character isn't on the first post, but I added him to the TVtropes character page)

EDIT2: (Also the characters for H4zardz1, Bierus, and mydjet are missing from the first post.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:52:06 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: August 15, 2015, 05:13:14 am »

Theri affirmed her readiness--inconspicuously and subconsciously holding Irine by the hand--as she took her place amongst her friends.

"So how did you both do, Ike? Irine? I mean before all this and after we all got separated?"

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: August 15, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »

Team A

"You heard him, book it"
Get to the exit and vacate the room
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: August 15, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »

Theri affirmed her readiness--inconspicuously and subconsciously holding Irine by the hand--as she took her place amongst her friends.

"So how did you both do, Ike? Irine? I mean before all this and after we all got separated?"

"I did pretty decently, all things considered. River resurrected me first and he was all messed up, we had lunch, I threw some crap at some kind of spherical light fiend, he turned normal and resurrected Irine. Then we messed around for a good long while, I got possessed by a malevolent ash wraith with a great appreciation for vocabulary and then exorcised, and me and Irine went off to commune with the natives, which then transitioned naturally into violent conflict. It all honestly felt much longer than it really was, and was mostly tolerable at best, kind of annoying at worst. Can't say I won't be absolutely overjoyed to leave this shithole behind us."

"Speaking of."

LET'S GET MOVING ALREADY.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: August 15, 2015, 01:40:49 pm »

"I nearly got myself and Ike killed again, because I was too trusting and honest. This place keeps reminding me of home in lots of little ways, and I dropped my guard and tried to simply enjoy myself and relax. If I had simply focused on our assigned mission, nobody would have gotten hurt."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4618 on: August 15, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »

@HB: Right now I'm counting 1 vote for waiting until nightfall, 1 vote for going right now. I thought it would be best to wait a bit in case anyone else had a suggestion or vote. Or something else they wanted to talk about now that you're not running for your livres and everybody is relatively healthy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: August 15, 2015, 03:17:21 pm »

"I am of the opinion that my health is important."

Compromise vote! Timeskip an hour or two so Alan isn't vomiting anymore, then go.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 521