Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7233 7234 [7235] 7236 7237 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8771426 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108510 on: October 24, 2016, 10:43:19 pm »

I've hit that stage of adulthood that I've often criticized other people for for much of my life until now.

I rarely have any desire to do anything that requires effort when I have time to do things.

And it really fucking bothers me.  It's one more fade in the hope that I'll ever claw my way out of the life I've found myself in.  A compounding effect.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108511 on: October 25, 2016, 01:07:44 am »

I've hit that stage of adulthood that I've often criticized other people for for much of my life until now.

I rarely have any desire to do anything that requires effort when I have time to do things.

And it really fucking bothers me.  It's one more fade in the hope that I'll ever claw my way out of the life I've found myself in.  A compounding effect.

Hey, don't beat yourself up. That's of no use to you.

Sometimes our attention gets split: our energy gets sapped by the situation we find ourselves in, and the work we take on. We only have so much willpower and energy in our tanks. It's a precious resource, and a lot of people want it from us. Keep it safe, and be sure it's ultimately going toward the things you find worthwhile.

If you're running out of reserves, there's ways to be smarter about that energy that might be worth trying out. Maybe that means a new job, or setting boundaries with people you care about, or seeking ways to change your responsibilities. Or other things only you can know, since you're better acquainted with yourself than me, or anyone else.

It's silly to write yourself off like that, too. Not knowing how to change your situation, or being afraid to do things you need to do... these aren't the same thing as having no way to do that. Whether it's ideal or it's the right thing to do, there are always ways forward. We just need to realize what they are, and pick the one that we like best.

You'll find a way. Just keep it up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108512 on: October 25, 2016, 01:32:06 am »

All these people showing up here again recently has left me wondering if people here would remember me if I went away. I have been here for a long while now, have I left a mark at all?
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108513 on: October 25, 2016, 01:34:00 am »

All these people showing up here again recently has left me wondering if people here would remember me if I went away. I have been here for a long while now, have I left a mark at all?
I would notice, at least on the irc channel.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108514 on: October 25, 2016, 02:15:04 am »

Wouldn't remember you at all, sorry.

I keep waiting for that cool guy with the waterfall gif avatar to come back, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #108515 on: October 25, 2016, 03:10:05 am »

Its Pathos hes back.
I remember everyone who doesnt change names.
I even try to moderate my posts due to the proxys posters assumed personalitys.
Im still an unintelligent arsehole though.

I hope its not true, but there are alot of fresh accounts with random posts in GD.
Im rambling
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108516 on: October 25, 2016, 03:49:39 am »

*hugs*

If only I could transfer some of my unreasonably huge reservoir of happiness towards all of you... sadly, the day when we can send emotions over Internet has not arrived yet.

We clearly can transmit emotions over internet : 01100010 00101101 01100010 00101101 01100010 01100001 01101011 01100001   

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108517 on: October 25, 2016, 08:54:47 am »

Wonder the same thing. I suppose I left an mark in moderation log (OrangeWizard will be forever remembered as the Emperors shittestpostest) and people from here would remember me for dying, but apart from that... eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108518 on: October 25, 2016, 09:12:37 am »

Wonder the same thing. I suppose I left an mark in moderation log (OrangeWizard will be forever remembered as the Emperors shittestpostest) and people from here would remember me for dying, but apart from that... eh.
I'd remember you just for your incredibly beautiful cat avatars. Though, uh, the Orange Wizard's thing you've added looks pretty weird.
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108519 on: October 25, 2016, 09:33:09 am »

ok
I fixed it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108520 on: October 25, 2016, 09:35:46 am »

ok
I fixed it.
Hey, I've said that it was weird, not that it was, you know, bad or anything. It gave it some sort of cute personalized charm~ can you turn it back, please?
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108521 on: October 25, 2016, 09:42:41 am »

I miss OW too ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108522 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:50 am »

I would, but I remember way too much.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108523 on: October 25, 2016, 09:46:07 am »

I can't remember her voice any more. I'm trying, and I can't. I'm losing what little I have left.

edit: found a few old voicemails. I remember now. I'm not sure it was a good idea.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:53:30 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108524 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:33 am »

*hugs TherosPherae*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7233 7234 [7235] 7236 7237 ... 8156