Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 390913 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.12
« Reply #1185 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:06 pm »

On windows there is only one command line option that matters, -b to show base layers.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 06, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »

I notice an issue under Linux, it happened to DwarfTherapist in the same way.

It appears that the tools are reading the save data instead of the variable memory.

When I load a map, all the tools work fine. It's enough for me to build something or dig into something and most tools will fail with memory read errors.

After embark no tool would work, I need to save and load the map for them to run without issue. Both problems are fixed by saving and reloading, just like in DwarfTherapist before it got fixed.

Reproducible: Always.
Version: latest git pull / df 0.31.25

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1187 on: April 06, 2011, 06:27:45 pm »

I notice an issue under Linux, it happened to DwarfTherapist in the same way.

It appears that the tools are reading the save data instead of the variable memory.

When I load a map, all the tools work fine. It's enough for me to build something or dig into something and most tools will fail with memory read errors.

After embark no tool would work, I need to save and load the map for them to run without issue. Both problems are fixed by saving and reloading, just like in DwarfTherapist before it got fixed.

Reproducible: Always.
Version: latest git pull / df 0.31.25
Well, can't reproduce the problem. Only thing I found is a bad creature vector or some name reading issue with demons... so that's a thing to fix for sure.

There is no 'save' version of the data. What kind of kernel are you running? I have things working with 64bit kernels for sure. There were some problems with 32bit in the past, where switching between PAE or non-PAE kernels fixed the problem.

Anyway, run the dfincremental tool and post the big list it prints somewhere. That should tell us at least something.

fumphar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 07, 2011, 02:48:20 am »

How to build the DFHack examples (tools/examples/*.cpp)?

If I'm in the directory, cmake complains I should build the whole thing. But if I build the whole thing (according to the steps in COMPILE.rst), the examples are not built. Only the source files in tools/supported/*.cpp are compiled.

I just copied one source file over to tools/supported and added it to the CMakeLists.txt there. That worked so I'm fine, but would be nice to know...

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1189 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:06 am »

How to build the DFHack examples (tools/examples/*.cpp)?

If I'm in the directory, cmake complains I should build the whole thing. But if I build the whole thing (according to the steps in COMPILE.rst), the examples are not built. Only the source files in tools/supported/*.cpp are compiled.

I just copied one source file over to tools/supported and added it to the CMakeLists.txt there. That worked so I'm fine, but would be nice to know...
1. they are more of a set of debug/development tools at this point. I might as well rename the directory to 'random' :)
2. There are build options for that. Read the COMPILE document better next time. If unsure, use ccmake or the cmake-gui program instead of plain cmake to see all the available options in a GUI.

PS: some of the options are too new and aren't documented. This is mostly the package generator/release stuff.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:04:53 am by peterix »

fumphar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 07, 2011, 03:57:47 am »

2. There are build options for that. Read the COMPILE document better next time. If unsure, use ccmake or the cmake-gui program instead of plain cmake to see all the available options in a GUI.
Thanks, worked fine :-)

(Using: cmake .. -G"MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release -DBUILD_DFHACK_EXAMPLES=ON)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 07, 2011, 02:28:15 pm »

On windows there is only one command line option that matters, -b to show base layers.

It's a shame that there's not a way to give it an option to only list a range of layers.  This 3x3 embark supposedly has 27k Marble according to DFProspector, but when I use DFReveal, there's zero layers of marble above the SMR layer.

Something is wonky...

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 08, 2011, 12:45:44 am »

Is it identifying something else as marble, I wonder?  Maybe the addition of fire clay changed up the stone/soil/mineral IDs, and DFhack is using old ones? 

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Just a wild guess.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 08, 2011, 04:59:52 am »

Is it identifying something else as marble, I wonder?  Maybe the addition of fire clay changed up the stone/soil/mineral IDs, and DFhack is using old ones? 

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Just a wild guess.

Fire clay would be a good guess.  I am in an embark with peat and I'm pretty sure that there is clay either up top or down in the caverns (I haven't done any clay industry yet).

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1194 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:35 am »

That shouldn't be the case, since DFHack fetches the material IDs directly from the game's memory.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 08, 2011, 08:42:27 am »

That shouldn't be the case, since DFHack fetches the material IDs directly from the game's memory.
In addition, it shows "Mithril" and other modded-in elements just fine
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1196 on: April 08, 2011, 03:09:07 pm »

In addition, it shows "Mithril" and other modded-in elements just fine
The tool doesn't understand the semi-molten rock layers. My guess is that there's a lot of molten marble deep undergorund :D

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:45 pm »

I don't know how possible it is, but maybe someone could work on developing a tool to remove dwarf ownership of clothing items that are not put away in cabinets? Just thought I'd suggest it since it would seem like a fairly convenient tool to have around.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 08, 2011, 07:59:41 pm »

Is there a way to stop reveal if it happens to become frozen in reveal when I close the hack on complete accident?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1199 on: April 09, 2011, 12:13:26 am »

I don't know how possible it is, but maybe someone could work on developing a tool to remove dwarf ownership of clothing items that are not put away in cabinets? Just thought I'd suggest it since it would seem like a fairly convenient tool to have around.
Well, that's a good idea and has been discussed before. I'll see what can be done.
Is there a way to stop reveal if it happens to become frozen in reveal when I close the hack on complete accident?
Ummm... what?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 108