Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4121113 times)

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3270 on: January 29, 2016, 11:10:05 pm »

I believe PeridexisErrant has stated to others in this thread, asking the same question, that he will update it after dfhack has an official release.

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 30, 2016, 11:22:52 am »

Hi guys, can I use Phoebus Tiles, but CLA fonts? Because the CLA fonts are way better to read, but I like the Phoebus tileset more. I did not find a way. I guess the letters are part of the tileset?

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 31, 2016, 12:56:31 am »

I seem to recall somebody else posting with almost exactly this same question recently. I believe the answer is no, at least not without making an entirely new tileset.
 EDIT: It's on page 208, apparently it is possible to do it manually (with SpaceFox at least), but I'd suggest getting somebody more competent than me to run you through it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:17:42 am by Salkryn »

gavram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 31, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »

Hey I can't seem to access the Location menu at all to try out the new temple/tavern/library and as far as I can tell this release should definitely have it but just as a sanity check I figured I'd ask here. It should, right? Are there some fortress / world requirements that I might somehow not be meeting?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 31, 2016, 04:34:26 pm »

Provided you're on 0.42.X temples etc. should be a thing (they're not included in 0.40.24). They ought to appear in upgraded saves as well, but with a number of issues (e.g. missing music and instruments). You typically create the new stuff by first defining a zone ('i') and then make it a 'm'eeting one, and finally 'l'ocation, where you'll have to add a new one initially and select it to be a temple, tavern, or library.

gavram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 31, 2016, 04:48:31 pm »

Aw geez I looked on the wiki for version numbers so many times to compare to mine and yet somehow determined over and over again that this was the right version. Well, zombies have destroyed my current fort anyway. Onwards to the cutting edge version! Thanks. x.x

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 31, 2016, 08:05:54 pm »

Just posted to say that I've been enjoying this a great deal.  I've used the 'cutting edge' pack with zero issues.  (Luck shines on me.) 

So, just a kudos shout-out to everyone involved in this pack and all of it's various utilities.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 01, 2016, 11:07:45 am »

I got the new pack and had crashes so went back to the previous pack which I'd used mostly error free.  However, I've had tons of crashes now on the "stable" version since trying the cutting edge pack.  Would something have "cross installed" to cause these errors to start cropping up?
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: February 01, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »

I got the new pack and had crashes so went back to the previous pack which I'd used mostly error free.  However, I've had tons of crashes now on the "stable" version since trying the cutting edge pack.  Would something have "cross installed" to cause these errors to start cropping up?

I don't believe so, unless you unzipped them to the same folder. There isn't really an "install" to these programs in the windows sense. You are just playing the game out of a self-contained folder. I have been making a point to have them installed in a folder named clealy within a main DF folder. So my current playing is done in:

C:\Dwarf Fortress\PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.42.04-r03\

when I still had both the stable and cutting edge starter packs installed, there was another folder in the Dwarf Fortress folder, so that would have probably been this:

C:\Dwarf Fortress\PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.40.24-r20\

Or something similar to that, not exactly sure of those numbers as I have since deleted the stable pack. With this type of setup you can play either version easily with the correct shortcut.

Incidentally, I also have the C:\Dwarf Fortress\ folder as a shared cloud folder, enabling me to play the same save game from any of my computers. Kind of like having Steam Cloud for DF! (minus the nice auto updates, lol)

One important note- The decompression folder setup has not always been the same. Sometimes when you unzip the contents of the folder, they are already grouped together within an aptly named folder, sometimes not. I make sure to make a folder first and unzip them into there, just to make sure. The worst thing that could happen is your contents are two levels deep instead of one. As long as the OCD of that doesn't get ya, not a big deal.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:16:40 pm by BlackSmokeDMax »

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 01, 2016, 01:34:06 pm »

I do something similar.  I have a main DF folder on my desktop.  Then each package gets a sub folder inside that.

So you'd see:
Dwarf Fortress Main Folder
- DF 42_04 alpha
- DF Vanilla
- DF 40_24 Starter Pack r20
etc

So the Alpha should not have touched my 40_24r20 but as noted only started having crashes after installing 42_04 and having crashes with it.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: February 01, 2016, 01:48:02 pm »

I do something similar.  I have a main DF folder on my desktop.  Then each package gets a sub folder inside that.

So you'd see:
Dwarf Fortress Main Folder
- DF 42_04 alpha
- DF Vanilla
- DF 40_24 Starter Pack r20
etc

So the Alpha should not have touched my 40_24r20 but as noted only started having crashes after installing 42_04 and having crashes with it.

Definitely strange behavior. Have you tried rebooting and seeing if you get the same behavior? Have you ever accidentally tried running the newer Dwarf Therapist with the older DF, perhaps causing some corruption?

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 01, 2016, 01:52:03 pm »

I seem to recall somebody else posting with almost exactly this same question recently. I believe the answer is no, at least not without making an entirely new tileset.
 EDIT: It's on page 208, apparently it is possible to do it manually (with SpaceFox at least), but I'd suggest getting somebody more competent than me to run you through it.
Many many many thanks and now DF looks as I like it. CLA like font (Haowan) and Phoebus tiles. Here's a precise description of what I did:

1. Activate Phoebus via Graphics -> Choose -> Phoebus 16px
2. Copy file Haowan_Curses_1440x450.png into \Dwarf Fortress 0.42.04\data\art\
3. Graphics->Customize->Refresh
4. FONT=Haowan_Curses_1440x450.png, GRAPHICS_FONT=Phoebus_16x16.png
5. Print mode=TWBT, Truetype=No, DFhack:Enabled (does not work without dfhack)

- You can not use Truetype fonts because of TWBT.
- I've seen flickering screen edges at times and got rid of them by pressing F10 (default zoom level)
- you may want to use other tilesets, depending on your preference and screen resolution, from the repository. Those have great easy to read fonts:

Cooz_curses_square_16x16.png
curses_square_24x24.png
Haowan_Curses_1440x450.png
Nagidal24x24shadeBeards.png
Oreslam_1920x1200_20x20.png

This is how it looks - and the best is, zooming does only zoom the map, font size stays the same (perfect for me):
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:12:59 pm by jaardichten »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:20 pm »

CLA font and Phoebus tiles. Here's a precise description of what I did:

You might want to use Myne/Haowan (the latter of which Myne and in turn CLA is all based on), or better yet, use one of the 16x16 ASCII-like tilesets, as those even have the same tile size as phoebus and might scale better. Don't know how TWBT does that.

CLA has some changes to punctuation and other symbols used in text (as a compromise between text and graphics - like the '+' in your screenshot), while Myne and Haowan don't have these. As you use the tileset specifically for text, it would be much better to directly use those instead.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 01, 2016, 11:02:36 pm »

Many many many thanks and now DF looks as I like it. CLA font and Phoebus tiles. Here's a precise description of what I did:

1. Activate Phoebus via Graphics -> Choose -> Phoebus 16px
2. Copy file LNP\graphics\CLA\data\art\CLA.png to \Dwarf Fortress 0.42.04\data\art\CLA.png
3. Graphics->Customize->Refresh
4. FONT=CLA.png, GRAPHICS_FONT=Phoebus_16x16.png

Print mode=TWBT and TT=No, if that is important. EDIT: I think this works only with TWBT. You can not have TT fonts.

This is how it looks - and the best is, zooming does only zoom the map, font size stays the same (perfect for me):

My endless forum-haunting actually helped someone! Huzzah!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 0.42.05-r01
« Reply #3284 on: February 02, 2016, 07:54:37 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.05-r01!  As usual, you can get it here.

Should be pretty stable, like 42.04-r03, but with some lovely new features due to the many updates in the changelog!  DF itself,  Legends Browser, and Legends Viewer have easily done the most, as other updates were bugfixes or simply for compatibility.  Time to strike the earth - quickly, before Toady strikes again!

0.42.05-r01
 - updated DF
 - updated all graphics packs
 - updated Dwarf Therapist
 - updated Dwarf Mockup
 - updated Legends Browser
 - updated Legends Viewer
 - added Nadigal's tileset and colors
 - updated DFHack
 - updated TwbT
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 385