Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 413202 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3405 on: June 27, 2023, 11:30:41 pm »

Will have save up later tonight, have a few things to do first, then I'll put the finishing touches on it. Not that I've had a terribly productive run of it thus far, mostly just administering the Realm.

Well, evidently Quantum wants to place a temporary hold on getting giant mamba fangs grafted onto their elbows, to use as venomous strike weapons. At least until they fix their character's narrative.  So I guess I can skip my turn?

Which means it is now Kesperan's turn.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: June 28, 2023, 03:56:20 am »

I only have time to play from the 4th of July. If you want to skip your turn it would be Avolition next but I’d really prefer to play next week as I won’t have much time the week after either due to work.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: June 28, 2023, 09:29:09 am »

I can start tonight
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 28, 2023, 02:52:36 pm »

I've tried to make sense of the above and have updated the turn list. Dikbutdagrate is now below Quantum drop in the list.
If your schedule is  too busy next week let us know Kesperan, and I can move you down a bit more.
Avolition can start once we have the save.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:59:09 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 28, 2023, 02:56:24 pm »

I've translated the above posts into an updated turn list. Dikbutdagrate is now below Quantum drop in the list.
If your schedule is  too busy next week let us know Kesperan, and I can move you down a bit more.
Avolition can start once we have the save.

This is fine for me. If Avo picks up save today, I’ll pick it up next Wednesday. Thanks.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 28, 2023, 03:58:52 pm »

Will be posting the save within an hour hopefully.

EDIT: Clearly that was a lie, dealing with a lot of crashes on retiring, trying to figure out the cause and fix it, may take a few more hours of digging. The errorlog is spitting out 'Null unit chunk on export'. SO I'm assuming we have some corrupt units, I'll try disabling them in batches and see where that leads us.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 07:20:42 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 28, 2023, 07:53:27 pm »

Maybe try that skip-over-100-year and see if it works trick? Though if it's thralls or undead, it probably won't work. I wish you luck. By Armok, I hate those thralls, they've brought nothing but ruin to Orid Xem in all the ways, including in the meta. I wish they'd been accidentally all killed off - or none survived the world gen purges - like it happened to that thrall strain that Avolition found.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 28, 2023, 10:07:16 pm »

It's definitely a unit, as disabling all of them let's the game retire without issue. Just going to narrow them down now.

Side note, Lurker do you want separate noble positions or are you comfortable with a single 'Administrator' position, that handles petitions, trade, & bookkeeping?

EDIT: Still working on it. Unfortunately. . . I may have to excise the population of Silverthrone and call it the 'Great Vanishing.' In order for the game to continue.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:52:41 am by Unraveller »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: June 29, 2023, 01:14:24 am »

I retired in Silverthrone, and my character has a complicated and potentially buggy history with resurrections. He might be the problem?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 01:17:35 am by Bralbaard »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 29, 2023, 01:24:25 am »

Hopefully not, I just made a little villa overlooking the castle grounds for the dwarf! I've made a bit of a breakthrough and learned it is certainly multiple units, one of which is inexplicably the Cave Dragon that Luki adopted from a dwarf fort last time I played, doing batches of the units that come after them at the moment. Though I'm a bit miffed because I was hoping the Anthad's could eventually ride a dragon. ;(

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 29, 2023, 01:30:23 am »

You could maybe delete the broken dragon and conjure a fresh one of the same age using dfhack?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 29, 2023, 03:41:29 am »

Alrighty, after spending most of the night I've un-borked the save and was able to retire, zipping and uploading now. Sorry for the extra day's wait!

@Lurker I ended up making the 'Administrator' role for your site that should take care of everything, Lurker was not retired there, as you mentioned you were unable to, so I promoted one of the other necromancers living there to the role. Unfortunately the succession for this administrator role is by heir, as I'm unsure how the elected positions work and haven't messed with them yet and refuse to without more testing. But this is fine, Lurker can remain an adventurer and the psuedo 'lord' of the castle, while one of his companion Necros administers.

As an aside -- There are four new children in the royal family of Omon Obin; Eman, Leto, Umci, and Cobar, Anthads each and all. Feel free to take over their bodies everyone, well probably best to wait about 10 in-game years which should go by quick, but hey if you wanna play a child that's also cool. No pressure obviously just poking the nest to see if anyone else wishes to make a hero (or corpse) out of the peasant family made kings.

EDIITTTTT: HERE"S A LINK TO THE SAVE FILE, TIME FOR BED.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 04:33:17 am by Unraveller »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 29, 2023, 05:51:03 am »

Did you find out what the offending unit was? I’d be surprised if it was the cave dragon - he or she was hatched organically in my fort and has never been resurrected or cloned.

I’m sure you’ll regale us with your tales soon enough! I’m particularly interested in why there are a ton of demons with human names roaming around the Realm of Silver…

Good luck on your turn Avolition!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 29, 2023, 06:07:28 am »

Sorry Unraveller, I wasn't online at the time of your posts. Yes, the Administrator position is fine, as long as the post can be replaced in (human) fortress mode. If not... I have to make sure that necromancer stays alive, or does it replace itself automatically? In any case, yes, that was the short of it, that I wanted someone to do the trading and bookkeeping, I don't actually care how it's done. As for Lurker Wogeathis   I do have some plans that would have removed him from the noble position anyway, so all is good. Thank you very much for helping out.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 29, 2023, 12:43:26 pm »

Did you find out what the offending unit was? I’d be surprised if it was the cave dragon - he or she was hatched organically in my fort and has never been resurrected or cloned.

I’m sure you’ll regale us with your tales soon enough! I’m particularly interested in why there are a ton of demons with human names roaming around the Realm of Silver…

Good luck on your turn Avolition!

It was indeed the Cave Dragon, and three pikemen. I haven't the faintest clue why. And believe it or not the demons came from my last unwritten turn, Irka's up to something in that tower of his. . .
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 263